Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

How so.. Hmm. Perhaps they will detuned the engine. There's actually an exact engine version like out 1.0t engine with 100bhp tuned for fuel economy. Slap on a filter for exhaust and maybe can meet neutral band...

To drop price

They will simply take less profits. No need detune engine etc.
↡ Advertisement

the Kona 1.6T version does have much higher equipment spec and much more powerful engine, plus its 4WD too, which can be worth the additional premium over the 1.0T version, if you go for those features.

though that pricing is also similar to the equivalent Tucson 1.6T model, which is overall larger in size and space and using same engine too, so it depends on your requirements.

Is the 1.6T for Tucson also 4WD?

Heard the Kona very cheap plastic.. especially the dashboard

(edited)

Is the 1.6T for Tucson also 4WD?

Heard the Kona very cheap plastic.. especially the dashboard

from what i've seen, the Tucson are all front wheel drive models, so thats one of the differences too.

i guess the Kona 1.6T 4WD represents the highest spec Kona in the range with the most features.

yeah, the Kona interior dash is plastic, not the soft touch material like in the Tucson or Santa Fe models.

Edited by Coolant

(edited)

Tucson is considered one class up from the Kona... that's why the interior is better...

yup, like most car brands they go by small, medium, large category... for sedan range is Accent, Elantra, Sonata. so for SUV range is Kona, Tucson, Santa Fe.

the "small" category usually spec more for budget conscious buyers, so trim materials tend to be economical type (aka more plastic)..

Edited by Coolant

Like to gather some feedback from Kona 1.0T owners. What sort of FC are you getting? Any known or common issues faced so far?

Most owners in the chat group including myself getting 11+km/l.

No problem so far at all.

Driving it for 4 mths+ 8000+km.

Not much below 2krpm, so I always whack till 3krpm.

The real FC is quite far off from the manufacturer spec of 18km/l. Aim to go for a test drive this weekend.

Hope to go back to manual shift but not many choices of manual car..haiz

Edited by Roh96
  • Praise 1

60% highway manage to hit 14-15km/l. Worst is still 13km/l for now. Gear 1-3 goes to 3krpm, thereafter 2.5-2.6krpm
  • Praise 1

60% highway manage to hit 14-15km/l. Worst is still 13km/l for now. Gear 1-3 goes to 3krpm, thereafter 2.5-2.6krpm

Yep, depends on normal road or highway. Mine is a lot of normal roads. 

Nothing less than 3krpm for me before changing gear so that's why FC like that.

But just whack la!  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Like to gather some feedback from Kona 1.0T owners. What sort of FC are you getting? Any known or common issues faced so far?

hope you will order one too after this weekend.

as for FC, 19km/l can be achieved on highway.

so overall, mine is around 15km/l, 50% highway, it all depends on the traffic and driving style.

however, even if the car is being push hard, the FC won't drop far too off.

• Praise 1

hope you will order one too after this weekend.

as for FC, 19km/l can be achieved on highway.

so overall, mine is around 15km/l, 50% highway, it all depends on the traffic and driving style.

however, even if the car is being push hard, the FC won't drop far too off.

Thanks! Have been monitoring prices and it seems to fluactuate between mid 80s to 90. Not much changes. Also there is zero used unit in sgcm, meaning all owners are happy with their Kona. That should be a good sign.

Thanks! Have been monitoring prices and it seems to fluactuate between mid 80s to 90. Not much changes. Also there is zero used unit in sgcm, meaning all owners are happy with their Kona. That should be a good sign.

Wait for mine, I selling by end of year...haha.