Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

oh yah its 1350kg pulled by a 1litre turbo.

not sure whats the kerb weight or stonic though. 

Better than Kona for sure.

Stonic is based on the Rio platform which offers good space (but doesn't excel otherwise). The 1.0T (I read) can be really underpowered and rough above 4K rpm. Still being turbo, it should be more fun to drive than the 1.6 NA in cerato.

The transmission based on DSG is more interesting. In fact , t may be too interesting if like VW DSG it suffers from the same DSG longevity weakness in crawling traffic.

↡ Advertisement

If u want to drive manual, only 2 options

1) Commercial vehicles

2) Performance cars that come with a price tag

This is the sad state of our car industry.

Yeah.. that's why I'm looking at Toyota Hilux or nissan naravan. But must give up carplate and maintain 70kph
  • Praise 1

Yeah.. that's why I'm looking at Toyota Hilux or nissan naravan. But must give up carplate and maintain 70kph

From forester u can tahan 70km/h? If you can relax ur expectations then OK lah. For me I'd rather have a NA manual with no speed limit.. And give up turbo.

By the way the 1.0t really has some pull with some mods. Can pm me. Yes it's not very powerful above 4.5krpm but do u daily drive in the 4k to 6.5k rpm range? Or u rather have fun in 1.5k to 4krpm getting the torque pull typical of turbo cars? If ure comparing a 1.6 na to the 1.0t then I'd prefer to drive the 1.0t. But if 1.8 na or 2.0 na then I'd pick the na. That's the benchmark thereabouts.

Also check the kona scrap value properly before buy. Some kona were sold with ves rebate some without so scrap different I think. And u can always ask the dealer for a test drive then tell them u change ur mind if u don't really like the driving feel.

Edited by Ganganputput
  • Praise 1

If new car navara n hilux not really selling hilux only got single cab on sg carmart. You can consider 2nd hand then u have alot of manual to choose from if u don't mind a used car.

Theres an interesting car a commercial land cruiser Toyota. So behind empty and front with seats. 174hp 420nm diesel. On sg carmart.

From forester u can tahan 70km/h? If you can relax ur expectations then OK lah. For me I'd rather have a NA manual with no speed limit.. And give up turbo.

By the way the 1.0t really has some pull with some mods. Can pm me. Yes it's not very powerful above 4.5krpm but do u daily drive in the 4k to 6.5k rpm range? Or u rather have fun in 1.5k to 4krpm getting the torque pull typical of turbo cars? If ure comparing a 1.6 na to the 1.0t then I'd prefer to drive the 1.0t. But if 1.8 na or 2.0 na then I'd pick the na. That's the benchmark thereabouts.

Also check the kona scrap value properly before buy. Some kona were sold with ves rebate some without so scrap different I think. And u can always ask the dealer for a test drive then tell them u change ur mind if u don't really like the driving feel.

Or u can also test drive stonic n this 2nd hand kona N try for ur self.

buying a car can be very simple.
read its essential technial details but don't over analyse all numbers.

if the will of driving a manual car is strong, why look elsewhere? (or in fact, there is nowhere.)
kona is extremely affordable as compared to all available manual cars offerred by authorised dealers in singapore.

everyone can list the cons but don't forget the pros too.
the issue hyundai faced with kona isn't its look, specifications or whatever but mainly of its transmission.
however, in our case, manual suits us best. (and who am I are to care about those who don't appreciate manual and only know auto?)

making a choice can be straight forward, don't complicate things.

• Praise 1

If KMC priced it well, with good specs and features, I think it will do better than CX-3 (heard that it's not selling well) but cannot confirm when compared to Vezel/HRV (lots of them on the roads) or CHR (small rear seats)

Actually after seating in friends vezel. It has the best space and flexible seats but it costs 10 to 20 grand more then kona when new.

If got vezel turbo in manual come in its the best.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I just saw one Hyundai Kona Electric comfort taxi on the road. Looks like Comfortdelgo really a die hard supporter of Hyundai cars?

Any things to look out for when buying the hyundai kona 1.0T manual?

Planning to purchase second hand,

Have a few considerations:

1.resale value if manual vehicle

2. Fuel consumption?

3. 1.0T for a 1.3 ton vehicle, can it compare with a 1.6L NA? 

Thanks for any advice....

Test-drive and booked my Kona Hybrid sun-roof variant in dark knight color last week and the COE secured before the COE went up to 52K. I was very impressed with the car technology, comfort among other things. Currently driving a Suzuki S-Cross. As a new Kona owner, I hope to hear other owner hear their experience  Attached photos were taken during the visit to the showroom. Kona hybrid and electric in the photos.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.21.18 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.21.19 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.21.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.34.34 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.34.38 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.34.39 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 5.34.39 PM.jpeg

• Praise 5