Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

If really priced at 110 to 120k, the price will be too close to Tucson. Max price should be around 115k. Too bad I already got my car, if not this car might be into my consideration (due to the size and power). 

hopefully it will about elantra pricing. definitely below $100k based on current coe level.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

the new camry also quite nice looking. 

Wonder why they dont bring in the Mark X 2.0T to replace the Camry.. that would give the VW passat a run for the money.. rear wheel drive 2.0T and jap reliability.. 

Mark X is as mentioned a JDM model typically, further more the new Camry is on the NGA platform which is newer. Plus the fact it is RWD is a bad point because it would then compete with Lexus sales, which is not something BM would want to do. 

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/aloha-kona

'The 1.6-litre turbo Kona will be coming to Singapore in January next year. Its price could be 15 per cent lower than that of the Tucson Turbo, which has the same engine."

I think it is not going to sell if it is only 15% cheaper than Tucson, Same fate as CX-3

15% cheaper sounds good to me. If Tucson is $116k (the base turbo) then Kona will be $99k. How to get a better crossover at this price?

When i went to mazda showroom their whole cx3 is sold out including showroom display and test drive unit.

15% cheaper sounds good to me. If Tucson is $116k (the base turbo) then Kona will be $99k. How to get a better crossover at this price?

When i went to mazda showroom their whole cx3 is sold out including showroom display and test drive unit.

From sgcarmart, base turbo is $119,999. 

If 15% cheaper, i will choose Tucson due to it has more space for rear passengers.

The sales for CX3 is quite poor. I am not sure they will still selling in Singapore.

• Praise 1

If 15% cheaper, i will choose Tucson due to it has more space for rear passengers.

The sales for CX3 is quite poor. I am not sure they will still selling in Singapore.

It was $116k somewhere in Jul period. I know cos i was thinking of getting it.

15% off $120k means its about $102k which is fair value for a SUV so not too bad a price but of course if they bring bare bones version then u r right that it wont sell but if it has similar features and specs to the 1.6T Tucson then i think it will do well!

• Praise 3

I just came back from Seoul and saw the Kona in the Hyundai showroom.

Have to say i was pretty disappointed.

Care to elaborate why?? 

• Praise 2

Care to elaborate why?? 

It looked very plasticky....i didn't feel a single bit of wow at all....but i guess it's a elantra level car so i guess they can't make it too nice...

• Praise 1

It looked very plasticky....i didn't feel a single bit of wow at all....but i guess it's a elantra level car so i guess they can't make it too nice...

Tucson also very plasticky. They can't make it better than Tucson.
  • Praise 2

Tucson plasticky? Then all cars in that category also plasticky lor... what do you expect? Leather wrapped all round meh???

Neutral Newbie

Any info from AD if this model will be Cat A or B?

I think if more than $95k, then no chance to fight with Nissan Qashai.

Kia also got similar small SUV, Stonic. Wonder if AD will bring in this car?

Thanks for info as I'm pretty keen on small SUV

• Praise 1

I know Tucson is also has plastic but it doesn't *look* so plasticky. But Kona the moment i open the door and look at the dashboard it has that "cheap plastic" look. I didn't even bother to go inside to sit. I was THAT turned off.

Yes I know they can't make it better than Tucson but i just feel they could have found some middle ground.

↡ Advertisement