Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Yes Sir. You are right. The PARF is super low.

The PARF is low, but got to see the final price of the car and depre. PARF is not the main consideration for buying a car. Low because of VES rebate, and u have a net gain of 5k still because of the rebate.

At 77k, must say the specs and equipment are quite good. Road tax and FC should be good too. 

• Praise 2

The PARF is low, but got to see the final price of the car and depre. PARF is not the main consideration for buying a car. Low because of VES rebate, and u have a net gain of 5k still because of the rebate.

At 77k, must say the specs and equipment are quite good. Road tax and FC should be good too. 

Yea at 80k is almost on par with the Cerato SX less some features like ventilated and powered seats. 

Maybe interior space bit smaller than that but that 1.0T shld be a better car to drive.

• Praise 1

Is it worth getting? I'm concern of the resale as parf is so low.

Do you intend to drive the full 10 yrs? Is your job stable? What are your financial commitments like? These are the questions you have to ponder over

Do you intend to drive the full 10 yrs? Is your job stable? What are your financial commitments like? These are the questions you have to ponder over

If I dont intend to drive 10 full years i shouldn't consider this car? Was told that depreciation is 6600.

Is Mazda 3 hatchback a better one than this? Price has been slashed quite alot lately.

• Praise 2

If I dont intend to drive 10 full years i shouldn't consider this car? Was told that depreciation is 6600.

Is Mazda 3 hatchback a better one than this? Price has been slashed quite alot lately.

I mean if you intend to sell at year 5 when the PARF rebate is still 100%, then of course that would be a consideration... but if you like me intend to drive to the end of COE then it's less important point to consider...
  • Praise 1

I mean if you intend to sell at year 5 when the PARF rebate is still 100%, then of course that would be a consideration... but if you like me intend to drive to the end of COE then it's less important point to consider...

Year 5 is the year of lesser loss?
  • Praise 1

For cars less than 5 years, the PARF rebate is 75%. Not 100%.

And to be clear, rebate is based on ARF (Additional Registration Fee). PARF is the rebate amount whereas ARF is the condition used to calculate PARF.

E.g. if your OMV is 20K with a VES rebate or 10K, your ARF is only 10K. So PARF at the end of 10 years would be 5K. But if there is VES surcharge of 10K, your ARF would be 30K. PARF value will still be your original ARF without considering the surcharge.

On top of that, the calculation would be more complicated if your OMV is >20K. ARF would be 100% for up to 20K and 140% for the next 30K, 180% for rest of the OMV above 50K.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 3

Ask those car owners with normal parf (without VES/CEV rebate). I am sure they will tell u the resale value of their cars sucks, especially now. Tio bo?

Ask those car owners with normal parf (without VES/CEV rebate). I am sure they will tell u the resale value of their cars sucks, especially now. Tio bo?

Resale drop especially for cars bought past few years, because coe drop so much. So yes haha. Not only cos of PARF.

• Praise 2

Is it worth getting? I'm concern of the resale as parf is so low.

Damn another sinkie who buys cars to please the used car dealers.

In today's used cars climate can anyone claim they can command excellent resale value of ANY cars at all? Its all scrap + maybe $5000 

We will drive the cars we have for full 10 yrs or at least close to 10 yrs.. period. Only then when your depreciation be manageable. 

• Praise 1

Damn another sinkie who buys cars to please the used car dealers.

In today's used cars climate can anyone claim they can command excellent resale value of ANY cars at all? Its all scrap + maybe $5000 

We will drive the cars we have for full 10 yrs or at least close to 10 yrs.. period. Only then when your depreciation be manageable. 

Fully agree.... Regardless of what car we buy, what's  the COE, the dealers will always spin enough stories to lowball the sellers..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1