Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Booked the Stonic for my youngest sis who just got her license and we got the COE on wednesday bidding.

Got the EX version as the sunroof really eats up alot of the headroom.

Drive is very good, torque comes in from 1500rpm.

Not sure why, the drive seems much quieter than my gf's Cooper.

Anyway this is a great car for a new car owner or those who are singles.

I mean with 5 years unlimited mileage and 10 years engine warranty. Basically it is low maintenance and worry-free.

Oh we went to the Ubi outlet, the service there is very very good leh. All the SEs looks very hungry and eager to serve and please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Booked the Stonic for my youngest sis who just got her license and we got the COE on wednesday bidding.

I mean with 5 years unlimited mileage and 10 years engine warranty. Basically it is low maintenance and worry-free.

Oh we went to the Ubi outlet, the service there is very very good leh. All the SEs looks very hungry and eager to serve and please.

Well, congrats on your stonic

Been to both Kia showrooms.

Ubi outlet sales staff somehow seem very customer-centric and as you say hungrier.

The Alexandra staffs seems more switch off especially if you are dressed in shorts and sandals. haha                        

• Praise 2

I am beginning to get an insight of buying a new car from AD

+ SE and the AD has a quota. If quota hit, then not so hungry anymore. Like our stomach, we generally stop eating if we are full already. AD can stop promo anytime without notice,
+ end of year best time to buy car as SE/AD tries to hit annual quota
+ AD has quota for launch of new car
+ for first-time car buyer, AD can waive the trade-in but SE have to apply and yes, they have a cap
+ can get discount if know higher management

+ jan motorshow also a good time to get car as start of quota and also for AD to gauge market sentiment and forecast targets/quotas
+ SE can assess if you are serious or just window-shopping only. If serious buyer, I am sure SE will try the best to complete the deal

All in all, it's a numbers game as AD tries to deal in volume and the prices are locked down in the computerised system and checks & balances are in place. Just like at NTUC, not possible to get any additional discount beyond the standard as everything is locked down in the system. Have to wait for special promo like bazaar sale etc.

• Praise 2

Anyone knows what is stonic's FC in mixed driving conditions and what is the fuel tank capacity? How far can you travel on a full tank to near empty?

What's the Curb weight?

Can we select 2 tone color for stonic's base model?

How is the acceleration? Is it better than typical 1.6L NA cars? (Avante)

Edited by weak_pig

Anyone knows what is stonic's FC in mixed driving conditions and what is the fuel tank capacity? How far can you travel on a full tank to near empty?

What's the Curb weight?

Can we select 2 tone color for stonic's base model?

How is the acceleration? Is it better than typical 1.6L NA cars? (Avante)

FC in mixed driving condition is expected to be >15km/l but it is really dependent on your driving style, the route (ratio of city/highway) you usually take and the traffic at your driving timing.

I see a few articles mention the kerb weight as 1,185kg.

Yes, 2 tone can be selected for base model. Just top up $1,000.

Acceleration is definitely better than typical 1.6L NA cars. The peak torque is reached at just ~1,500rpm.

Considering to change my 3yo car if I find a car I like, Stonic is in my list, yet to test drive though.

Would like to know how the trade-in discount works? My car is fully paid, total Parf and COE rebate now is about 45k. Since the AD wants me to trade-in my car to get the 5k discount, how much will they generally offer for my car? Let's say they offer me the paper value of 45k, and I get the Stonic EX at 72k, can I just get loan on the shortfall of 27k and still qualify for the loan discount? 

My current car is only my second car and I have not done any trade-in of cars before. Advice is appreciated.  

• Praise 1

Considering to change my 3yo car if I find a car I like, Stonic is in my list, yet to test drive though.

Would like to know how the trade-in discount works? My car is fully paid, total Parf and COE rebate now is about 45k. Since the AD wants me to trade-in my car to get the 5k discount, how much will they generally offer for my car? Let's say they offer me the paper value of 45k, and I get the Stonic EX at 72k, can I just get loan on the shortfall of 27k and still qualify for the loan discount?

My current car is only my second car and I have not done any trade-in of cars before. Advice is appreciated.

The loan is for min 50k. Ur trade-in can be used to offset the remaining 22k and the rest is refunded to u a few weeks after u collect ur car.
  • Praise 2

The loan is for min 50k. Ur trade-in can be used to offset the remaining 22k and the rest is refunded to u a few weeks after u collect ur car.

try to bargain for a better trade in value, on top of the 5k they giving u.

They gave me about 2.4k more than the parf value

Edited by nicchia
  • Praise 2

U can always request the trade-in discount of $5k without actually trading in ie. Buying a car first time; and sell your current car outside!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1