Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

U can always request the trade-in discount of $5k without actually trading in ie. Buying a car first time; and sell your current car outside!

What is your NCD with this arrangement? :)
↡ Advertisement

What is your NCD with this arrangement? :)

i don't think it will be affected. you are essentially still changing your existing car to a newer one. Except that you do not trade in with C&C. In this case, you ask them to extend the 5k trade-in rebate as an additional discount which is what a first-time car  buyer could still get if he/she bargains for the trade-in waiver. This is on the assumption that you could get better value by selling your car outside compared to inhouse trade in.   

for those who had already booked it, can share the list of freebies?

I was quoted the following:

- 2k service credits

- rikecool solar film

- blackvue 2 channel dashcam

is there any other freebies that I can ask for?

Think is the standard freebies, is the same given to me for SX model when I asked for a quote

Considering to change my 3yo car if I find a car I like, Stonic is in my list, yet to test drive though.

Would like to know how the trade-in discount works? My car is fully paid, total Parf and COE rebate now is about 45k. Since the AD wants me to trade-in my car to get the 5k discount, how much will they generally offer for my car? Let's say they offer me the paper value of 45k, and I get the Stonic EX at 72k, can I just get loan on the shortfall of 27k and still qualify for the loan discount? 

My current car is only my second car and I have not done any trade-in of cars before. Advice is appreciated.  

Be prepared for them to lowball u on the trade-in. In the end, might not be worth the $5k "discount". Plus gotta loan 70%!! And if u early redeem, be prepared to kena more penalties. 

Might be better off buying another car from another AD that's a more straightforward deal IMHO.

• Praise 2

U can always request the trade-in discount of $5k without actually trading in ie. Buying a car first time; and sell your current car outside!

C&C can check If u own a car or not by keying in your IC no. into LTA website so u can’t claim to be first time buyer when u already own a car. That said, some bros here claim they got the $5k discount without trading in.

• Praise 2

Considering to change my 3yo car if I find a car I like, Stonic is in my list, yet to test drive though.

Would like to know how the trade-in discount works? My car is fully paid, total Parf and COE rebate now is about 45k. Since the AD wants me to trade-in my car to get the 5k discount, how much will they generally offer for my car? Let's say they offer me the paper value of 45k, and I get the Stonic EX at 72k, can I just get loan on the shortfall of 27k and still qualify for the loan discount?

My current car is only my second car and I have not done any trade-in of cars before. Advice is appreciated.

Republic Auto which is the Used car arm of C&C is notorious for low balling of trade in car prices so do your homework first how much your car can fetch with other dealers so at least u have a figure on hand when they quote u. U can try Car Quotz n other online platforms for an indication but not necessarily the best quote.

• Praise 7

C&C can check If u own a car or not by keying in your IC no. into LTA website so u canât claim to be first time buyer when u already own a car. That said, some bros here claim they got the $5k discount without trading in.

Tried. SE insists must lowball....oops, I mean trade-in otherwise they will impose $5k penalty. Told them to fly kite

Tried. SE insists must lowball....oops, I mean trade-in otherwise they will impose $5k penalty. Told them to fly kite

Ya I was told this as well ie MUST trade in to be entitled to the $5k discount but some bros here said they got it without trading in. I even told them I buy a 10yr old car to trade in n they say cannot as need 6mths ownership at least.

Not sure why different SE saying different things

• Praise 3

C&C can check If u own a car or not by keying in your IC no. into LTA website so u can’t claim to be first time buyer when u already own a car. That said, some bros here claim they got the $5k discount without trading in.

Can book under wife's name?  [:p]

• Praise 1

Good job in securing the free upgrade to guaranteed coe. That is effectively a 2k discount. So any other freebies for the launch promo?

I booked the SX during the launch weekend, was given same package as you, plus 1 year road tax.

• Praise 1

What r the usual accessories? My SE didn't want to give 1 year road tax :(

And no accessories. Tried asking but wasnt given. Argh!

It's very unlikely that no accessories were offered at all? Maybe you should try asking again during the SG Motorshow period 10-13Jan 2019. Maybe they will throw in more freebies? I booked the SX and was given:

- 2K service credits

- Rikecool solar film

- Blackvue 2 channel dashcam

- 1 year road tax

I have test driven my bro jazz rs, It feel stonic better than both of that.. except idling for 3 cylinder got vibration.

Better in term of dct and equipments as standard..

Cvt is very boring..

I cannot agree more. The Honda Jazz RS was my top shortlisted choice... until Stonic came along. Eventually, the Stonic won me over because:

- lower NVH (quieter)

- very smooth and fast up gear shifting (no lag compared to CVT)

- neat and eye pleasing dashboard

- sporty looking SUV look

IMHO, the pick-up feel of driving the Stonic is rather perky. Easily hitting 100km/h from one traffic junction to the next, and if you push the gas pedal a little harder (you can even hear a nice low engine gruff as it accelerates eagerly  [bounce1] )

I guess the only gripe would be the passenger seat. It wouldn't sit 3 adults comfortably  -_-.  So potential family oriented buyers should take note. If reliability and space are your main priorities, take the Honda Jazz RS. 

• Praise 1

I cannot agree more. The Honda Jazz RS was my top shortlisted choice... until Stonic came along. Eventually, the Stonic won me over because:

- lower NVH (quieter)

- very smooth and fast up gear shifting (no lag compared to CVT)

- neat and eye pleasing dashboard

- sporty looking SUV look

IMHO, the pick-up feel of driving the Stonic is rather perky. Easily hitting 100km/h from one traffic junction to the next, and if you push the gas pedal a little harder (you can even hear a nice low engine gruff as it accelerates eagerly  [bounce1] )

I guess the only gripe would be the passenger seat. It wouldn't sit 3 adults comfortably  -_-.  So potential family oriented buyers should take note. If reliability and space are your main priorities, take the Honda Jazz RS. 

I second that, the middle passenger seat is a torture, that's the only down side to me.

Ya I was told this as well ie MUST trade in to be entitled to the $5k discount but some bros here said they got it without trading in. I even told them I buy a 10yr old car to trade in n they say cannot as need 6mths ownership at least.

Not sure why different SE saying different things

Now wait for Komoco to bring in the Kona 1L turbo in DCT. Same car as Stonic, no lowball trade in nonsense & n can pay cash
  • Praise 1

Can book under wife's name? [:p]

What u mean by buying under wife’s name? Still subjected to the $5k trade in right? So why buy under wife name? Unless u saying 1st time car buyer can waive off the trade in but that is not what I understand.
  • Praise 2

What u mean by buying under wife’s name? Still subjected to the $5k trade in right? So why buy under wife name? Unless u saying 1st time car buyer can waive off the trade in but that is not what I understand.

So, Komoco acts like govt and tax us $5k for having 2nd and 3rd car?

[laugh]

Be prepared for them to lowball u on the trade-in. In the end, might not be worth the $5k "discount". Plus gotta loan 70%!! And if u early redeem, be prepared to kena more penalties.

Might be better off buying another car from another AD that's a more straightforward deal IMHO.

Thanks for advice. So far both my cars are Mazda 2 from AD, also had the min. loan requirement to qualify for 'discount'. It sounds good for those who need to loan, for people who don't need to loan, it's another consideration.

Projected interest if deposit loan amount in FD for the loan period + loan discount > interest on loan --> take loan

• Praise 2

What u mean by buying under wifeâs name? Still subjected to the $5k trade in right? So why buy under wife name? Unless u saying 1st time car buyer can waive off the trade in but that is not what I understand.

First time buyer can waive off. Confirm.

Tried tested proven

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2