Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Not u lah. What I’m saying is me as I’m not first time buyer.

Ohh? Sorry  [:p]

I'm not a first time car owner. I have a ride and specifically told my SE I'm not trading in because their offer is no good. I sold my ride myself and now waiting for the Stonic to arrive.

How was the test drive? I may head down this weekend and take a look.

I pm you.  [wave]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Now wait for Komoco to bring in the Kona 1L turbo in DCT. Same car as Stonic, no lowball trade in nonsense & n can pay cash

Actually I recommend getting a loan.

Example you loan 50k

Interest for that 50k assuming 2.38% for 6 years is $7,140.

That 50k you save, assuming you can earn 2.5% a year will yield $1,250 a year and $7,500 over a 6 year period (before considering compound interest).

In the end, you have liquidity and still recover the interest. Note this is before the $5,000 discount you get for taking the loan.

• Praise 1

I further cfm 5k discount without trade in READILY. But, it was indeed my first car. SE jus said this is the price u pay (-5k for financing & -5k for tradein) as long as u take up the loan of 50k 6 years Min. The trade in discount no worries, waived! No bargaining. Really don’t understand why this cannot be extended to a 2nd car buyer.

Jus for info, I got it at c&c alexandra. Enquired at ubi to match the offer and ubi told me not possible. Advised me to just get the deal at alexandra as they cannot beat it. Lol.

Actually I recommend getting a loan.

Example you loan 50k

Interest for that 50k assuming 2.38% for 6 years is $7,140.

That 50k you save, assuming you can earn 2.5% a year will yield $1,250 a year and $7,500 over a 6 year period (before considering compound interest).

In the end, you have liquidity and still recover the interest. Note this is before the $5,000 discount you get for taking the loan.

But wad can give u 2.5% steadily leh?
  • Praise 1

I further cfm 5k discount without trade in READILY. But, it was indeed my first car. SE jus said this is the price u pay (-5k for financing & -5k for tradein) as long as u take up the loan of 50k 6 years Min. The trade in discount no worries, waived! No bargaining. Really donât understand why this cannot be extended to a 2nd car buyer.

Jus for info, I got it at c&c alexandra. Enquired at ubi to match the offer and ubi told me not possible. Advised me to just get the deal at alexandra as they cannot beat it. Lol.

But wad can give u 2.5% steadily leh?

Ah gong’s SG gov bonds give 2-2.5% :)
  • Praise 1

Ohh? Sorry [:p]

How was the test drive? I may head down this weekend and take a look.

I pm you. [wave]

Got your PM bro.

The drive was not bad at all, pick up was nippy and gear change was smooth. I think for the price point there really isn't anything for me to complain. But I should mention I'm not a "car guy" so my knowledge is very limited.

• Praise 3

Ok tks! Seems like some of us being taken for a ride ie pulled a fast one onð©

Some of these SEs like to play silly games

B4 I bought my Audi, I enquired at the showroom n one of the SE there insisted that i must trade in car otherwise pay more. Quite turned off. Approached another SE n he say no need. Needless to say whom I bought from...

I went to KIA alexandra today.My first time walking into the KIA showroom,not alot of people but no SE approached me,i was looking and the stonic and wanted to test drive.When i finally approached an SE,his attitude wasn't good and i told him i read on forums that some people managed to get better deals from other SE and he told me to get it from those people in thr forum in a sarcastic manner.I walked off and he just lost a customer.I will try my luck at UBI when i have time.Sat in the stonic and was impressed with it,only thing is i didn't managed to test drive.

• Praise 2

Thatâs the thing, can we just say we first time buyer and get away with it?

My concern is that they can check if they want cos keying in IC no. Into LTA website can check right?

Last thing I want is that after signing and AD giving $5k discount based on declaration of being first time buyer, they find out and as I not telling the truth, they can mark up $5k. Too hassle to lie over this kind of matter so like what bro Soya says maybe wait for Hyundai to come up with their turbo Kona instead?

U don't need to lie.

Just say u have no car to trade in. Which is true.( Your car sold to other dealers)

But this has to be upfront, right at the beginning.

Edited by Friendstar

I went to KIA alexandra today.My first time walking into the KIA showroom,not alot of people but no SE approached me,i was looking and the stonic and wanted to test drive.When i finally approached an SE,his attitude wasn't good and i told him i read on forums that some people managed to get better deals from other SE and he told me to get it from those people in thr forum in a sarcastic manner.I walked off and he just lost a customer.I will try my luck at UBI when i have time.Sat in the stonic and was impressed with it,only thing is i didn't managed to test drive.

haha another disappointed customer, what is new. 

• Praise 2

I went for a test drive at Ubi. Was served by SE who mentioned for trade in discount, can close an eye; no need trade in car for the 5k discount. But for loan, die die must take the minimum.

During test drive, there are two things I discover, 1)vibration during moving off. There are no vibration during idling but once i let go of brake pedal, vibration from 3 cyl engine can be felt. With throttle inputs, no more vibration. Managed to test on empty road, Car feels smooth and fast with no turbo lag.

2) Rear passenger feel bumpy at speed 60kmh. My skinny colleague was bouncing up and down, he dun feel comfy as mentioned. Front driver dun feel the bouncy effect though.

• Praise 2

Plenty of SE, if one cannot, find another. Buy the car for what the car is and not the SE. Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

New Kia cars selling too good lar so they can yaya papaya. If sales not good and the company asks them to leave, u see got same attitude or not.

haha another disappointed customer, what is new. 

• Praise 3

Plenty of SE, if one cannot, find another. Buy the car for what the car is and not the SE.

I’m not sure about C&C but some ADs practise “lock in” ie if u come down to showroom and an SE is assigned to u, u cant go to another SE. This is to prevent buyers from getting info from the first SE and then using it as leverage for a better deal from second SE.

Of course, if u bring up to higher Mgmt that u not happy with the first SE, I believe a new one can be assigned to u but think most of us wont resort to this unless u really unhappy with the first SE so in short for some ADs, u cant just anyhow change SE.

• Praise 5

Heard bad reviews on Kia Alexandra, but it is better for Ubi branch. If you guys can recall the bad experience one member encountered when he bought the showroom unit of the Carens.

On the other hand, Alexandra Mitsubishi is way better than the one in Ubi. I personally had bad experience with them even though returning customer. I had since moved on to Conti brand and the previous Lancer I had will be my last Mitsubishi even if I were to go back to Japanese brand.

My close friend and his cousin bought a Carens and Stinger from Ubi Kia and experience was good. 

Cheers.

• Praise 1

I’m not sure about C&C but some ADs practise “lock in” ie if u come down to showroom and an SE is assigned to u, u cant go to another SE. This is to prevent buyers from getting info from the first SE and then using it as leverage for a better deal from second SE.

Of course, if u bring up to higher Mgmt that u not happy with the first SE, I believe a new one can be assigned to u but think most of us wont resort to this unless u really unhappy with the first SE so in short for some ADs, u cant just anyhow change SE.

i think as long as you don't test drive, no way to lock you in.

• Praise 1

I went for a test drive at Ubi. Was served by SE who mentioned for trade in discount, can close an eye; no need trade in car for the 5k discount. But for loan, die die must take the minimum.

During test drive, there are two things I discover, 1)vibration during moving off. There are no vibration during idling but once i let go of brake pedal, vibration from 3 cyl engine can be felt. With throttle inputs, no more vibration. Managed to test on empty road, Car feels smooth and fast with no turbo lag.

2) Rear passenger feel bumpy at speed 60kmh. My skinny colleague was bouncing up and down, he dun feel comfy as mentioned. Front driver dun feel the bouncy effect though.

The vibration when moving off might be due to the start stop feature. I turned that off and couldn't really feel the jerk. I test drive in both Alexandra and Ubi cause didn't like Alexandra's SE. My wife did mention that Ubi's route is much more bumpier than Alexandra.

• Praise 1

The vibration when moving off might be due to the start stop feature. I turned that off and couldn't really feel the jerk. I test drive in both Alexandra and Ubi cause didn't like Alexandra's SE. My wife did mention that Ubi's route is much more bumpier than Alexandra.

Ask the SE at Ubi to let u drive to Paya Lebar Airbase roundabout and come back. Thats a great test drive road to have

Getting jammed and traveling at 20km/h ard Ubi area following L plate cars is not test drive ya...

• Praise 2

Ask the SE at Ubi to let u drive to Paya Lebar Airbase roundabout and come back. Thats a great test drive road to have

Getting jammed and traveling at 20km/h ard Ubi area following L plate cars is not test drive ya...

We were there on a Saturday evening so not much cars and did manage to try a fair bit of the acceleration. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1