Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Ask the SE at Ubi to let u drive to Paya Lebar Airbase roundabout and come back. Thats a great test drive road to have

Getting jammed and traveling at 20km/h ard Ubi area following L plate cars is not test drive ya...

Yup this is a great route... did it for an Opel test drive a few years back... or do Sunday test drive in the morning... almost no cars around... Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

friends all, a SUV at 72k, please have realistic expectations....

Guys you do realize the stonic is heavily based on the current Rio? The dash is virtually the same as the current Rio.
  • Praise 1

Guys you do realize the stonic is heavily based on the current Rio? The dash is virtually the same as the current Rio.

It's just like how vezel is based on jazz, arona based on ibiza, etc ...
  • Praise 1

The vibration when moving off might be due to the start stop feature. I turned that off and couldn't really feel the jerk. I test drive in both Alexandra and Ubi cause didn't like Alexandra's SE. My wife did mention that Ubi's route is much more bumpier than Alexandra.

I off the start stop feature. Nvr like this feature. I felt vibration and not jerking feel. At traffic light stop, I even purposely leave a gap from the front car to test for juddering that VW dsg is famous for but good thing is no judder at all.

The vibration before moving off felt like manual car with clutch released too early with dropped rpm. As long there is throttle input, the vibration is gone.

I managed to try speed up to 80kmh, car felt very responsive.

• Praise 1

Technically they are Crossovers not SUVs.

A Stonic is simply a Rio on platform shoes or high heels.

Same as Arona or Vezel.

Yup, the chassis is 100% Rio and its car based. 

Please do not drive it through deep mud, or rock climbing and expecting it emerge unscathed like a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Wrangler. 

Its just a Rio with raised suspension and thicker profile tires and bigger wheels

I went to KIA alexandra today.My first time walking into the KIA showroom,not alot of people but no SE approached me,i was looking and the stonic and wanted to test drive.When i finally approached an SE,his attitude wasn't good and i told him i read on forums that some people managed to get better deals from other SE and he told me to get it from those people in thr forum in a sarcastic manner.I walked off and he just lost a customer.I will try my luck at UBI when i have time.Sat in the stonic and was impressed with it,only thing is i didn't managed to test drive.

i have met 3 different SE in LK and all give me the same vibe - 'you want to buy then buy, if don't buy don't buy". can't feel the sincerity from there. they don't even bother to fake it. 

have met nicer SEs at Ubi. if you need a recommendation let me know. remember to only test drive after meeting the right SE and done all the negotiation. understand you will be 'lock in' with the SE after you test drive. if you switch SE after test drive they will have to share their commission, thus might not be able to squeeze for more freebie with the new SE.   

• Praise 1

Many of them juz contented w the next meal. Sg small place and reputations (good & bad) spread fast

Borneo Motors was in such a happy place once. That's b4 a whole lot of them were asked to fry cuttlefish

Many of them juz contented w the next meal. Sg small place and reputations (good & bad) spread fast

Borneo Motors was in such a happy place once. That's b4 a whole lot of them were asked to fry cuttlefish

Cos the rate of sales was unrealistic mah.. cos our government dropped the ball on calculating car growth... those days each SE could sell 20-30 cars a month...

For those who booked the stonic, anyone collecting soon?

Booked during the launch weekend, still waiting.. Heard those who forked out extra for guaranteed COE or SX will have priority!

i have met 3 different SE in LK and all give me the same vibe - 'you want to buy then buy, if don't buy don't buy". can't feel the sincerity from there. they don't even bother to fake it. 

have met nicer SEs at Ubi. if you need a recommendation let me know. remember to only test drive after meeting the right SE and done all the negotiation. understand you will be 'lock in' with the SE after you test drive. if you switch SE after test drive they will have to share their commission, thus might not be able to squeeze for more freebie with the new SE.   

I guess I am lucky cause my experience at LK was very positive. The SE auto-offered all the perks/freebies. :D

Booked during the launch weekend, still waiting.. Heard those who forked out extra for guaranteed COE or SX will have priority!

I guess I am lucky cause my experience at LK was very positive. The SE auto-offered all the perks/freebies. :D

I am lucky to have met 2 nice SEs(diff day) at LK as well. Booked with one of them.
  • Praise 1

Have not seen one on the roads yet.

Even the Kona is pretty rare.

The styling of Kona is a little too aggressive for me (and likely for many others) and the price difference between the automatic and manual was high. I believe Stonic will sell a lot better, given the more conservative styling, automatic gearbox and attractive pricing.

There should be more on the roads once the orders start to be fulfilled. :)

Have not seen one on the roads yet.

Even the Kona is pretty rare.

KMC's margin on Kona was way too much. A car with OMV of 12k plus and selling at 80k plus. The AD's pricing killed the car.
↡ Advertisement