Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

hi guys

where do u guys buy your boot tray ah

and anywhere can trade in the 15 inch rims and tyres to 17 inch rims and tyres?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

hi guys

where do u guys buy your boot tray ah

and anywhere can trade in the 15 inch rims and tyres to 17 inch rims and tyres?

Some members from #StonicSg bought from https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/323249481652

Rims u can try yap brothers and leong seng from Ubi, if you are looking at original SX rims, u can try posting in Stonic Sg facebook page, i saw a member asking to trade-in his SX rims.

• Praise 2

(edited)

So stucked in those grandfathers jam at woodlands 死掉了咯?zuomo 将的?

lol jialat in sg, pay 70+k for a car but get stuck in a jam need to worry about clutch overheating  [smash]

worse if go nshw then jam all the way, really gone case. 

Edited by makeanewcall
  • Praise 1

lol jialat in sg, pay 70+k for a car but get stuck in a jam need to worry about clutch overheating [smash]

worse if go nshw then jam all the way, really gone case.

Want to drive a car with DCT gearbox, need to change your driving habit if stuck in a jam. While stationary in a jam, try to push the gear to N instead of leaving it at D to minimise half clutch position that will heat up the clutch plate.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Want to drive a car with DCT gearbox, need to change your driving habit if stuck in a jam. While stationary in a jam, try to push the gear to N instead of leaving it at D to minimise half clutch position that will heat up the clutch plate.

If the car is stationary in D gear, and the brake pedal is stepped on, the clutch is disengaged, so it is not in half clutch position. No harm to switch to N also, just that it may not be necessary.

However, if we slowly inch forward, the clutch may be in half-clutch position, too much of this will heat up the clutch. For earlier VW 7DSG, both first gear and second gear can be in half-clutch position.

Edited by Yishun
  • Praise 2

Not advisable to do so. Even if traditional TC or CVT. Suggest to leave at 'D' and when brake pedal is depressed fully, clutch is disengaged.

On the contrary, shift to 'N' and back to 'D' jolts the moving parts more therefore more wear and tear.

• Praise 1

Guys. My friend stonic dct overheated while at causeway jam. He had to pull over and wait for it to cool down. Frustrating for him as it was late on a Sunday and theres work on Monday.

• Praise 2

Guys. My friend stonic dct overheated while at causeway jam. He had to pull over and wait for it to cool down. Frustrating for him as it was late on a Sunday and theres work on Monday.

Need to practise shifting between N and D, many of us are doing this, it's very tedious but no choice since we already gotten the car unless you don't cross the causeway then there wont be this issue.

• Praise 2

Need to practise shifting between N and D, many of us are doing this, it's very tedious but no choice since we already gotten the car unless you don't cross the causeway then there wont be this issue.

Jialat buy a car and restrict where you go to because of the clutch. Anyway 5 years warranty, just floor it!
  • Praise 1

thats why I avoided car with DCT no matter how great the drive experience or what lightining fast shifting as claim.

one shitting issue will just ruins the one fine day...

• Praise 1

thats why I avoided car with DCT no matter how great the drive experience or what lightining fast shifting as claim.

one shitting issue will just ruins the one fine day...

wonder if all cars with DCT will have this issue only applicable to stonic

Jialat buy a car and restrict where you go to because of the clutch. Anyway 5 years warranty, just floor it!

just go lor, dont have to restrict what haha

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The problem lies in the person driving the car.

wonder if all cars with DCT will have this issue only applicable to stonic

just go lor, dont have to restrict what haha

(edited)

Just to add. He went over to CNC and the service advisor told him this is common in dct and must learn to either stop plus neutral at jam OR go.

Don't creep which will overheat the dct.

I think he has learnt how to live with it.

Edited by Friendstar

(edited)

I feel for your friend. To me this is unacceptable. This is modern day technology where people are talking about AV and EV, and yet we are talking about a new car with gearbox overheating issue. Edited by Roh96

(edited)

I feel for your friend. To me this is unacceptable. This is modern day technology where people are talking about AV and EV, and yet we are talking about a new car with gearbox overheating issue.

overheating in dry DCT is fact, that's why indicated in manufacturers bulletin and manual.

so either choose a relax drive or stressful drive, so down to individuals...

Edited by Contipro
↡ Advertisement