Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

1 hour ago, Blanket said:

If you’re just going to move like 1m to cover a small space in a jam, why not just leave it in gear 1 instead of upshifting to gear 2?

Genuine question cos I have not driven a manual car before and this is my first car

Eh ya, you are quite right. What I meant is that you manually upshift to gear 2 when needed rather than letting the DSG do its job.

If you are going to creep one meter space to cover a small space in a jam, of course you keep it as gear 1 and brake to stop still with gear 1. Apologies for not being clear. I give you the benefit of doubt that you are having a 3A driving license cos even if this is your first car, you would have driven and know how to manually shift gears in a driving school. 🙂

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, Blanket said:

Is there a hot line? 

I only remember that it was 3 bars from filling the whole bar. Don’t think there was a warning light also

Is there any driving technique to control the rising temperatures if stuck in jam?0

image.png.d0ec6c3ee2961a4555954456afcbe4c7.png

Referring to the line at the 60% mark.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Prataboy said:

image.png.d0ec6c3ee2961a4555954456afcbe4c7.png

Referring to the line at the 60% mark.

Oh yes it went past that line and I was 3 bars from filling the whole thing 

10 hours ago, Blanket said:

Oh yes it went past that line and I was 3 bars from filling the whole thing 

Ask Cycle and carriage to check your coolant system for any leaks or low level 

3 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Noted. But I’ll be very disappointed if it’s like this cos I only took the car in June 

someone earlier also posted that his friend’s stonic overheated on the expressway. Really makes one wonder if it’s an isolated incident or inherent engine flaw

13 hours ago, Blanket said:

Noted. But I’ll be very disappointed if it’s like this cos I only took the car in June 

someone earlier also posted that his friend’s stonic overheated on the expressway. Really makes one wonder if it’s an isolated incident or inherent engine flaw

I think it does really heat up easily. i was stuck in an 30 mins jam, very slow traffic and i was 1 bar away from the "safe-zone" which is the 60% line. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, Wormee said:

My Audi friend taught me, when stuck in a jam, he switches to manual mode using the paddle shifters. This in terms engages the clutch to first gear and when you move off you manually shift to 2nd gear and down back to first when u stop (in a traffic jam situation so you probably go-stop-go-stop scenario). This will force the 1st gear to be engage and only shifts to 2nd gear by your action.

In D, a DSG/DCT will be always in “half-clutch” position for 2nd gear getting ready to upshift. The manual action above can prolong the clutch-plates life but will not solve the issue especially DQ200 or dry-clutch equivalent. 

P.S. I do not drive a 7-speed DSG, yet. Might get one day. It is more fun to drive than traditional 6ATs. Cheers. 

Good suggestion switching to manual shifting, will try it next time if stuck in a jam. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, Prataboy said:

So far, I have been averaging 480-490km for the 40+ litres.  ~11-12km/litres. ~80% urban start-stop conditions. 

Have not got the chance to test on the NSHW yet. Perhaps can reach ~13+ as indicated by the trip computer during the expressway drives?

I get 14.7km/l just driving in singapore. I drive about 60% on expressway conditions. 15" wheels not 17"

Recently drove up to genting. Car is quite stable at 140-160km/h. No issue with climbing up genting at all. I get about 15km/l, probably bec i was going fast. If you drive around 100km/h, i believe you can hit fc at more than 15km/l easily.

19 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

This is the temperature for the DCT. One way to overcome this is to look for an after market DTC ( Auto Trans Cooler ) . Not sure whether any available for stonic? I had one for my previous 5AT .

On 10/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, ferrytales said:

hope the dct can last for full 10 years of ownership and not pull a stunt like what happened to the vw dsg 7 spd. 

That was quality control issue... it was fixed lar... just that the ADs in SEA pretty lousy lor...

On 11/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, Blackknight88 said:

what mods have you all done to the Stonic?

Cosmetic stuffs only.

2 tone wrap

Chrome Door scruff

Steering wheel Leather wrap

Gear shift leather wrap

Emblem

Some laminates here and there.

Taobao has lotsa stuffs under KX1

Wanted to buy the door step running board to make car more suvish but mounting holes doesnt seem to fit  on stonic. The Kx1 is not an exact of stonic.

4 hours ago, jam1888 said:

Cosmetic stuffs only.

2 tone wrap

Chrome Door scruff

Steering wheel Leather wrap

Gear shift leather wrap

Emblem

Some laminates here and there.

Taobao has lotsa stuffs under KX1

Wanted to buy the door step running board to make car more suvish but mounting holes doesnt seem to fit  on stonic. The Kx1 is not an exact of stonic.

thank you

10 hours ago, Prataboy said:

Price for the SX is back down to $79,999 after all the discounts. Quite a good deal at current COE price.

Bro, if no trade in car, can still get SX at this price? Thks 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:15 AM, Prataboy said:

Price for the SX is back down to $79,999 after all the discounts. Quite a good deal at current COE price.

Hi Bro, you have the price for EX after all the discounts?