Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Hypersonic
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Saw a sonic yesterday.

Some car looks good in a pix while others better in flesh.

Stonic is the former.

You just came into a Stonic thread to insult the car looks. :XD:

God forbid!

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, exkayseedee said:

Hey everyone, was wondering about the reliability of the DCT clutch. Anyone has had to deal with excessive wear and tear yet due to our traffic conditions? Thanks!

Google around and the DCT clutch is quite reliable and most of the time is due to user problem of not getting used to how DCT works as compared to a conventional torque converter autos.

Hi giys

anyone know how far off will the accuracy of the speedo be if I change to 225/50/17 tyres compared to 205/55/17?

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Blanket said:

Hi giys

anyone know how far off will the accuracy of the speedo be if I change to 225/50/17 tyres compared to 205/55/17?

D=2 × π × radius.

2 x 0.5(225) + 17(25.4) = X

2 x 0.55(205) +17(25.4) = Y

X/Y - answer

20 hours ago, Ake109 said:

D=2 × π × radius.

2 x 0.5(225) + 17(25.4) = X

2 x 0.55(205) +17(25.4) = Y

X/Y - answer

I got an answer or 0.99xxxxxx

how does it apply? Speedometer off by (1-0.99xxx)%?

8 minutes ago, Blanket said:

I got an answer or 0.99xxxxxx

how does it apply? Speedometer off by (1-0.99xxx)%?

For less than 1% difference, you really should be more concerned on potential tyre rub. You wont feel a <1% diff.

Just now, Ake109 said:

For less than 1% difference, you really should be more concerned on potential tyre rub. You wont feel a <1% diff.

Oh so it’s really 1% ah 

then on sounds good cos no need to recalibrate speedometer

thanks!

Neutral Newbie

The Stonic EX is my number 1 contender to purchase but I am worried based on the comments here that the rear space and legroom is constrained. I am weighing against the Hyundai Venue (similar price) and the Honda Vezel (more expensive). 

Anyone compared these and can comment on how it is relatively speaking? I'm a first-time car buyer in Singapore and want to make sure I make a good medium-term decision. I am not looking for really long drives and want something practical yet appealing like a crossover/SUV.

Do not mind spending just a bit more if the car can last longer, but anything above $82k, don't think I can stomach. 😞 

Any opinions you can share will be very helpful. Thanks so much!

On 4/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, Hamburger said:

Saw a sonic yesterday.

Some car looks good in a pix while others better in flesh.

Stonic is the former.

Agree the Chevrolet Sonic looked better in the flesh...😅🤣😂

1 hour ago, serendipity said:

The Stonic EX is my number 1 contender to purchase but I am worried based on the comments here that the rear space and legroom is constrained. I am weighing against the Hyundai Venue (similar price) and the Honda Vezel (more expensive). 

Anyone compared these and can comment on how it is relatively speaking? I'm a first-time car buyer in Singapore and want to make sure I make a good medium-term decision. I am not looking for really long drives and want something practical yet appealing like a crossover/SUV.

Do not mind spending just a bit more if the car can last longer, but anything above $82k, don't think I can stomach. 😞 

Any opinions you can share will be very helpful. Thanks so much!

Wouldn’t the Hyundai’s Venue’s rear space and legroom be much more constrained than the Stonic as it’s smaller and shorter overall in length to the Stonic?

U might wanna wait a while more for a lower spec Kia Seltos EX which might be expected to cost less than 90K.

E317A95E-4A6F-4117-81EC-C69A4C17DFC8.jpeg

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
8 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Wouldn’t the Hyundai’s Venue’s rear space and legroom be much more constrained than the Stonic as it’s smaller and shorter overall in length to the Stonic?

U might wanna wait a while more for a lower spec Kia Seltos EX which might be expected to cost less than 90K.

E317A95E-4A6F-4117-81EC-C69A4C17DFC8.jpeg

This is interesting. I asked the sales guy and he said this is at least 6 to 9 months away. 

Pulling from a couple of brochures (hope copied correctly as I had to convert the units), this is how the my compare:

Front Headroom: Vezel 39.5” Venue 39.37” Stonic 39.2”

Rear Headroom: Vezel 38.3” Venue 38.5” Stonic 38.3”

Front Legroom: Vezel 41.2” Venue 41.3” Stonic 42.1”

Rear Legroom: Vezel 39.3” Venue 34.3” Stonic 33.5”

Front Shoulder: Vezel 56.8” Venue 53.9” Stonic 54.1”

Rear Shoulder:  Vezel 54.5” Venue 53.7” Stonic 53.3”

Boot Capacity: Vezel 435L Venue 355L Stonic 352L

Clearly the front is very similar. The rear is the issue. Vezel has 5” more legroom and 80L more bootspace. Venue and Stonic are pretty darn similar on almost all counts. 

The question is whether getting a Vezel is worth it for that differential in space and features? And between Venue and Stonic, which wins?

Edited by serendipity

7 hours ago, serendipity said:

This is interesting. I asked the sales guy and he said this is at least 6 to 9 months away. 

Pulling from a couple of brochures (hope copied correctly as I had to convert the units), this is how the my compare:

Clearly the front is very similar. The rear is the issue. Vezel has 5” more legroom and 80L more bootspace. Venue and Stonic are pretty darn similar on almost all counts. 

The question is whether getting a Vezel is worth it for that differential in space and features? And between Venue and Stonic, which wins?

Vezel is one class up I suppose... hence higher price as well... while the Venue & Stonic are basically platform siblings... I guess which one you pick depends on what you value... not much to choose between the two actually...

10 hours ago, serendipity said:

engine specs also different. Stonic use a 1.0 TURBO , Venue is a NA engine right? taxes also higher

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, Blackknight88 said:

engine specs also different. Stonic use a 1.0 TURBO , Venue is a NA engine right? taxes also higher

"Venue 1.6 litre engine, good for 121bhp and 154Nm. Earth Dreams CVT (A). Smart Stream engine features Hyundai’s all-new Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD) technology. Instead of pairing a quick-shifting Dual-Clutch Transmission to this engine, like in the 1.4 litre i30, product developers have instead opted for their new Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT), or more commonly known as a CVT."

Vezel has some added features over the other two cars I think:

• 4-cylinder in-line DOHC i-VTEC
  • LED Lamp
  • Electrical Foldable Remote Controlled Side Mirrors

So really its just the space as the features are not too compelling relatively speaking?

For every 10 cars on the road, you will probably see a few Vezel. Bui sian meh?

Since you are willing to consider Vezel from PI, why not look at the new Toyota Raize?

Price wise cheaper than Stonic and Venue, plus it comes with safety features such as lane keep warning. And also no need to worry on DCT over heat like in Stonic. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

For every 10 cars on the road, you will probably see a few Vezel. Bui sian meh?

Since you are willing to consider Vezel from PI, why not look at the new Toyota Raize?

Price wise cheaper than Stonic and Venue, plus it comes with safety features such as lane keep warning. And also no need to worry on DCT over heat like in Stonic. 

and the raize is turbo too.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Sometimes all the specs no use.

Go down to view and test drive the car. It’s your gut feel that matter in the end.

↡ Advertisement