Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Present pricing of Stonic is ridiculously high. You are paying 37% premium for this car. [sweatdrop]

No wonder not many takers. 37% premium for a small Korean car is staggering.

↡ Advertisement

It’s a pity as this car if priced correctly will move as not many SUV/Crossover in this segment. And with the sticky t&c they have, it turns off potential buyers I feel.

• Praise 4

Some people don't realise that when stonic was selling at 75k, the parf value is lower due to the ves rebate.

With the additional t&c such as minimum loan, the interest rate adds up to make the car around the 80k range previously.

• Praise 1

1) keanula SX Yellow
2) 2378Howe SX Black
3) powergoo SX white /red

4) jam1888 EX white/black (i did 2 tone outside)

5) tjhin SX Red

• Praise 1

Itâs a pity as this car if priced correctly will move as not many SUV/Crossover in this segment. And with the sticky t&c they have, it turns off potential buyers I feel.

You're right... it's the smallest of the small crossover cars... the evergreen Qashqai or the popular Vezel/HR-V, sharply designed Mazda CX-3, or the now discontinued Hyundai Kona or Opel Mokka, or the more expensive Toyota CH-R, larger Mitsubishi ASX, Subaru XV, Skoda Karoq are all much more expensive... it's still lower priced than all these alternatives...

(edited)

Present pricing of Stonic is ridiculously high. You are paying 37% premium for this car. [sweatdrop]

Friend bought EX ver at $77999 in may,  car cost with coe from one motoring indicate car cost at $67806 which make it a 12.5% premium. How do you calculate 37%? 

Edited by jam1888
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Friend bought EX ver at $77999 in may, car cost with coe from one motoring indicate car cost at $67806 which make it a 12.5% premium. How do you calculate 37%?

Pls add 10k off for ves.

So car cost is 57.8k.

And not forgetting the rental cost. Etc. Misc cost. Transport cost. They r business not charity

Friend bought EX ver at $77999 in may, car cost with coe from one motoring indicate car cost at $67806 which make it a 12.5% premium. How do you calculate 37%?

The cost of this car inclusive of COE is below $60k due to VES rebate of $10k. The present selling price is $82k. You can find these info in sgcm. Go calculate the premium you are paying.

This car is suppose to be a budget korean make. Paying over 30% premium is crazy. Next time when come to selling, the owner will get a shock by the resale value.

The cost of this car inclusive of COE is below $60k due to VES rebate of $10k. The present selling price is $82k. You can find these info in sgcm. Go calculate the premium you are paying.

This car is suppose to be a budget korean make. Paying over 30% premium is crazy. Next time when come to selling, the owner will get a shock by the resale value.

The ex price is 77k, which u can download the latest price list. I think you get the price listed on sgcarmart website, which is not updated.

If u see the premium of other car brands, u will not think that kia's is high

• Praise 1

Guys, do the buttons on the side of the lcd console light up?

Yes, so does the knob for volume. same color as the hazard light, power window buttons/switches.
  • Praise 1

Yes, so does the knob for volume. same color as the hazard light, power window buttons/switches.

Is it on by default?

Mine don’t seem to be on leh....

Is it on by default?

Mine don’t seem to be on leh....

good morning to all!

blanket, on your signal bar make the light mode is set to auto, it should work. otherwise check the light illumination level on the right (a button beside the headlight tilt angle), make sure it is not "0" 

Wish all a good week ahead!

You mean those radio, media buttons?

Yeah, radio, media, home, those buttons

good morning to all!

blanket, on your signal bar make the light mode is set to auto, it should work. otherwise check the light illumination level on the right (a button beside the headlight tilt angle), make sure it is not "0"

Wish all a good week ahead!

Not referring to headlights, but the entertainment console buttons

Yeah, radio, media, home, those buttons

Not referring to headlights, but the entertainment console buttons

i mean to turn on the lights of your console buttons, u need to set your lighting to auto mode, this setting can be set at the signal bar/handle (left of the steering wheel). jus turn the knob up once. 

my england so bad to understand mehhh 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

yah this is correct and at 5k arf, the parf value after 10 years is only $2500 which is the minimum. but based on lta report, based stonic omv is 17459 and after 10k rebate, its 7459 and parf value after 10 years is 7459/2. for sunroof version, its just around 1k more so parf value is 500 bucks more.  

So annual depre is actually (88999-(8535/2))/10, ignoring whatever interest you accumulate along the way too which comes up to more than 8k/year. 

and no one gives a crap whether there is rebate or no rebate cause end of the day the rebate dont get passed onto customers cause AD happily mark up whatever they want. 

as a second hand buyer, i will only look at depreciation and not whatever ves rebate the car is entitled to.

its also a double whammy if the car meets with an accident and is beyond economical repair.

The insurance payout will mean you have to cough out the rest of the loan 

its also a double whammy if the car meets with an accident and is beyond economical repair.

The insurance payout will mean you have to cough out the rest of the loan 

That's called negative equity... so this VES system actually creates a bad loan when a car gets totaled!

↡ Advertisement