Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

i mean to turn on the lights of your console buttons, u need to set your lighting to auto mode, this setting can be set at the signal bar/handle (left of the steering wheel). jus turn the knob up once.

my england so bad to understand mehhh

Paiseh lah... first car owner here

Pang chance pls

↡ Advertisement

Paiseh lah... first car owner here

Pang chance pls

Hahaha, chill bro..i dont mean bad here.

Hope my explanation helps. Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, I got attracted by the price and the sporty look of this car. I have read a lot of reviews and noticed a lot of people mention about the small size of the backseat, boot space and got bumpy on uneven road.

How you all go about it? I am planning to get this as my first car and will travel NSHW frequent with 2 toddlers. Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks

1.0t 3 valves might struggle if traveling on high speed route. Overtaking be dangerous so do avoid at all possibilities.

Neutral Newbie

My previous car was a 58hp 1L car. I traveled KL <> SG on the same day like constantly between 100-120km/h. Should be ok right?

• Praise 2

1.0t 3 valves might struggle if traveling on high speed route. Overtaking be dangerous so do avoid at all possibilities.

You obviously never even test drive this model and never own one. So dun be bias.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

You obviously never even test drive this model and never own one. So dun be bias.

do you know me?

How you know i never test driven it? Or even owned a 1.0t before?

Edited by Kenomi
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

From the way you post bad about the stonic I already know what type of person you are

Everyone is free to comment. If you are not happy so be it.
  • Praise 1

Everyone is free to comment. If you are not happy so be it.

I am not unhappy. So freely post your views. No one is here to make anyone happy or sad. A forum is just that....a forum.

Hahaha, chill bro..i dont mean bad here.

Hope my explanation helps. Cheers

Thank you lah boss

First time car owner, need guide

• Praise 1

Do you mean 3-cylinder engine?

I tested and found that power is more than sufficient to me, it fact I think it is better than some 1.5L/1.6L natural aspirated engines.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

• Praise 3

I can now overtake with ease compared to my old cerato forte 1.6, pickup also much faster. Happy with my new ride.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Nothing wrong with the Kia Stonic, but at $77K for the base model and up to  $83K for the top end model, there are many alternatives at massive savings, eg. Honda Jazz 1.3 or Perodua Myvi 1.5 at $70K.

End of the day, a 4 cylinder, 16 valve  engine is way more refined and efficient  than the Stonic's 3 cylinder, 12 valve  and the 998cc engine capacity means it is very dependent on the turbo to get it moving up to speed.  It's like Ben Johnnson on steroids. - https://home.bt.com/news/on-this-day/september-27-1988-ben-johnson-is-stripped-of-his-olympic-gold-medal-after-failing-drugs-test-11364007354384

Once the turbo malfunctions, it will be costly to replace. 

Edited by Vinceng

(edited)

Hi All, I got attracted by the price and the sporty look of this car. I have read a lot of reviews and noticed a lot of people mention about the small size of the backseat, boot space and got bumpy on uneven road.

How you all go about it? I am planning to get this as my first car and will travel NSHW frequent with 2 toddlers. Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks

One down side about this car is the transmission gets heated up easily during a jam (1 hr and up kind) and you will need to toggle between N and D as you inch forward. If you frequent NSHW you might need to take note of this.

Edited by nicchia
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

One down side about this car is the transmission gets heated up easily during a jam (1 hr and up kind) and you will need to toggle between N and D as you inch forward. If you frequent NSHW you might need to take note of this.

Is the Stonic's gearbox similar to the VW group 7 speed DSG dry clutch?

Thanks

With 2 toddlers and frequent travel on the NS highway, you will need lots of rear space (to accommodate 2 child seats), boot space and preferably a saloon with a boot for safety in event of a rear collision at high speed.

The Kia Cerato L at $76K may be a more sensible option for your scenario. It costs less than the Stonic.

Edited by Vinceng

Is the Stonic's gearbox similar to the VW group 7 speed DSG dry clutch?

With 2 toddlers and frequent travel on the NS highway, you will need lots of rear space (to accommodate 2 child seats), boot space and preferably a saloon with a boot for safety in event of a rear collision at high speed.

The Kia Cerato L at $76K may be a more sensible option for your scenario. It costs less than the Stonic.

DCT yes, similar.

Nothing wrong with the Kia Stonic, but at $77K for the base model and up to $83K for the top end model, there are many alternatives at massive savings, eg. Honda Jazz 1.3 or Perodua Myvi 1.5 at $70K.

End of the day, a 4 cylinder, 16 valve engine is way more refined and efficient than the Stonic's 3 cylinder, 12 valve and the 998cc engine capacity means it is very dependent on the turbo to get it moving up to speed. It's like Ben Johnnson on steroids. - https://home.bt.com/news/on-this-day/september-27-1988-ben-johnson-is-stripped-of-his-olympic-gold-medal-after-failing-drugs-test-11364007354384

Once the turbo malfunctions, it will be costly to replace.

On paper the 998cc engine may look underpowered, but with modern turbocharger providing peak torque at 1500rpm to 2000rpm these days, only a bit of turbo lag is encountered at stationary before u get the full torque for city driving.

The myvi or fit 1.3 won't be able to provide identical torque. Except for the 1.5 hybrid where the electric motor is able to provide instant torque for low rpm torque

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2