Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Wonder if anyone calculated the additional interest incurred if you meet the requirement of minimum 50k/6years.

The interest rate I was quoted was 2.28% from UOB.  So $50K for 6 years will incur interest of $6840.

↡ Advertisement

The interest rate I was quoted was 2.28% from UOB.  So $50K for 6 years will incur interest of $6840.

Non reducing loan so effectively is more than 5%??

• Praise 1

The interest rate I was quoted was 2.28% from UOB. So $50K for 6 years will incur interest of $6840.

Add that into the car price and with low parf, effectively paying around 85k for a 1.0t stonic with dct.

• Praise 1

Wow.... That's a bit too much.

Lets put into context.

1. The basic EX trim (w/o sunroof) is at ~$75K (~$81K with the loan interest taken into account)

2. This additional ~$6K of loan interest will apply for all $50K loans over the 6 years, regardless of car model. 

Buy with cash or with loan is another discussion topic altogether, as each has their pros and cons.

One just have to take into account the additional cost to the car, with the loan, and assess if it is worth buying. Personal choice, no right or wrong if one can afford it.

Add that into the car price and with low parf, effectively paying around 85k for a 1.0t stonic with dct.

Yup, but I believe this is still a very competitive price for a compact SUV/cross-over, though the Avante and Cerato sedans will be priced even more competitively.  [nod]

New price list:

$76,999

$80,999

$81,999

-$2K for interest rebate

+$3000 top up for G'teed COE (comes with $3K svc credits instead of $2K svc credits)

Hmm...

Wonder if the SE will push for the $3K Guaranteed COE, claiming that with reduced quota for the next quarter, demand will be high and thus COE price for CAT A will rise.

In that case, the price of the Stonic will be almost the same as that of the past month?

P/S: My friend got his COE at the recent bidding exercise, even though he went for the non-guaranteed option. 1st bid some more. Now waiting for his car, which he was told will be around Sep/Oct.

Weekend over. Prices back to the week before.

$77,999 EX

$81,999 SX 2T

$82,999 SX SR

-2K interest rebate

+3K top up for Guaranteed COE

Hmm...

Wonder if the SE will push for the $3K Guaranteed COE, claiming that with reduced quota for the next quarter, demand will be high and thus COE price for CAT A will rise.

In that case, the price of the Stonic will be almost the same as that of the past month?

P/S: My friend got his COE at the recent bidding exercise, even though he went for the non-guaranteed option. 1st bid some more. Now waiting for his car, which he was told will be around Sep/Oct.

Mine was nonGTD and got COE in first bid, but car waiting was looooooooooooooooooong. Previously there was a side discussion that those buyers with GTD COE will get their car faster. Seem quite true.

Supersonic

Mine was nonGTD and got COE in first bid, but car waiting was looooooooooooooooooong. Previously there was a side discussion that those buyers with GTD COE will get their car faster. Seem quite true.

How long have you waited?

(edited)

I was 1 of those that's into this "conspiracy" of G coe getting car faster  [:)] 

Got my NG coe on 3rd bid. Booked during end Feb and collect mid Jun. Loan 40K for 6 years but interest rate higher @ 2.38%.

Edited by tjhin

I was 1 of those that's into this "conspiracy" of G coe getting car faster  [:)] 

Got my NG coe on 3rd bid. Booked during end Feb and collect mid Jun. Loan 40K for 6 years but interest rate higher @ 2.38%.

How is the ride thus far?

How is the ride thus far?

Compared to my previous ride (2010 forte), overall feels more responsive and fun to drive.

Pro:

• Faster pickup due to higher torque compared to old ride
  • U-turn radius seems smaller, could be placebo effect :p
  • Engine quite quiet during stop 
  • The rain sensor!!!
  • Hate it or love it idle stop & go

Con:

• Seats don't feel as comfy
  • I missed the electrochromic rear view mirror
  • Front passenger glove box is really small

Didn't use any scientific method to measure FC but used to pump every 7 days for old ride and now I pump every 9 days.

• Praise 1

When did you get your ride?

4th feb 2019 booked car, 16 May 2019 collected car.

Waiting time is 3.5 mths. My bad for earlier quoted waiting time of 4.5 mths, count wrong.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Kia just announced another small SUV - the Seltos.

With a length of c. 4.4m and a width of c. 1.8m, seems to be larger than the Stonic.

Not clear how Stonic / Seltos will be positioned within the Kia hierarchy going forward. [confused]

Well. They have so many markets in the world to fight.

I dun think we will see this seltos in singapore. Too small a market

Well. They have so many markets in the world to fight.

I dun think we will see this seltos in singapore. Too small a market

Yeah true that. 

But its supposed to be their new global SUV.  Let's see. 

Looks pretty good though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1