Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yes... but you can appeal and I think if C&C wants your business they'll waive that and give the discount to you... they've done so in the past... now don't know... you've got to ask... likely the sales person will tell you he can help you if you confirm your purchase with him or her lar... ha ha...

Thanks.

if out of stock and if you order now, will arrive in October. Do people usually order early or wait for the stock to come then order?

↡ Advertisement

@1a2a3a4a Hi i think order now to secure the colour and trim you want. If you order when the october stock arrive,  other might have ordered the car before october. 

3 hours ago, 1a2a3a4a said:

Thanks.

if out of stock and if you order now, will arrive in October. Do people usually order early or wait for the stock to come then order?

Depends on whether you want to secure your car early, and if C&C is confident of securing COE or not... also some people want to wait out the COE spike and see if it will drop later in the year due to economic outlook (it's basically a gamble)... ordering now may mean you get the colour you want cos that's in a future stock order if the order specs already not locked in... only your SE can tell you... the flip side is that you may face some degree of uncertainty for the arrival of the car due to shipping issues especially during this COVID pandemic... that may affect your daily routine if you've already planned for the use of the car by a certain... there's no best answer... so only you can decide...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks everyone for the advice.

any standard promo/freebies you guys have heard/gotten from AD for the stonic?

Neutral Newbie

@yishunite 

On 6/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, yishunite said:

So C&C swallow the whole VES rebate? Same OMV as Cerato but with VES rebate yet car is same or higher price?

I believe so, there is no rebate of the 15k VES given to consumers. This seems to be very unethical as many buyers would just make the purchase without knowing about the 15k shaved off their OMV. 

Neutral Newbie

If this is the car dealer's way of doing things, then it's actually worse off getting a environmental/energy saving car? You get penalised on the OMV but you dont get the VES rebate. Can anyone confirm this?

Heard on radio promotion of stonic at 115k …

not sure if true but like to chk if stonic a good car ? Given high coe, not sure if gimmick ? 

thanks every one in advance

@Moonface138 my personal take is that its a decent car, 1000cc mild hybrid, decked with features especially at SX trim. even EX you minus some stuff, still decently good also. so its functional and practical to me. 115k...well before the mad coe increases, it was about 100k if im not wrong so 115 wouldn't be too bad given that coe went up quite a bit since it was 100k

On 2/19/2023 at 11:40 PM, josh98 said:

@Moonface138 my personal take is that its a decent car, 1000cc mild hybrid, decked with features especially at SX trim. even EX you minus some stuff, still decently good also. so its functional and practical to me. 115k...well before the mad coe increases, it was about 100k if im not wrong so 115 wouldn't be too bad given that coe went up quite a bit since it was 100k

$100K for what is essentially a small car is also nuts... 

If people want to drive in SG have to put COE out of your mind.

Just buy and enjoy.

Everyday thinking COE so high COE so high isn't going to make you happier.

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

My colleague had an ROPC.

He tells me whole family every Sat at 2.30 get into car warm up the engine sit inside with the aircon on all looking at the clock waiting for 3pm.

Like got count down like that and chun chun the clock hits 3 is like ROD mood like that and speed off. 

I remember his story and think ROPC is like the most stupid timing ever.

As if Sat morning if all the OPC drive like will create a traffic jam like that!

I also remember when OPC first come out had reduced road tax.

So people with cars with big cc all converted and just pay the daily charge to use.

Pay the daily charge every day also save money than pay normal road tax!

What were they thinking?

Or didn't think!

• Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If people want to drive in SG have to put COE out of your mind.

Just buy and enjoy.

Everyday thinking COE so high COE so high isn't going to make you happier.

Well there's good value and bad value... there are probably better options at better value... not necessary to buy a new car at this point given the exorbitant COE premiums...

• Praise 1