SEAT Arona

Fishycat

Now launched in Singapore.

Selling at SGD97,400.

I think it aims squarely at Opel Crossland.

So the struggle is between Peugeot and Volkswagen group cars ..

• Praise 1

So the struggle is between Peugeot and Volkswagen group cars ..

I will take VW. Yes DSG fear but VW cars has tons of technical support online and workshop relative to PSA cars.
  • Praise 2

I will take VW. Yes DSG fear but VW cars has tons of technical support online and workshop relative to PSA cars.

Unless you are an African using Peugeot 405 in North Africa...i will go with VW everyday.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any one own/waiting for their arona? Have yet to see one on the road yet.

If yes, mind sharing your drive experience and servicing cost? Really like it a lot but just afraid of the resale price in the future.

• Praise 1

3rd Gear

I test drove it, feels like any VW 1.0 but the build quality is not near VW but still good enough. Plastic panel feels cheap but that's where your saving comes from.

Arona FR now is 104k from 98k few months ago. 104K for a taller and longer Ibiza seems a bit too costly. 

3rd Gear

went and sat in.

not comparable to VW make. Maybe Skoda

Any entry level Skoda is still better than the Arona/Ibiza interior quality... maybe only the Ateca onwards is better to compare with Skoda sort of quality. 

Any entry level Skoda is still better than the Arona/Ibiza interior quality... maybe only the Ateca onwards is better to compare with Skoda sort of quality. 

i was in a rapid. Its no better if you ask me.

i was in a rapid. Its no better if you ask me.

I had a chance to try out Rapid (the higher end one that cost $95k) , i feel its better than FR in terms of the plastic at door side and dash top. Not a lot better, but better enough to tell the different. 

Its a close call, one is Skoda with backing from VCS , while SEAT is from a rather unknown company that is successful in other biz. 

Looks wise i like FR , but if u incl warranty, support, fitting quality...  Skoda might hv a upper hand.

But i guess its up to individual which one they go, wont go too wrong... both cars are fun n cheap to run+drive. 

I ordered an Arona FR in Jan and got it in May. I just took it up to Penang (with a side trip to Genting) - the car is plenty powerful enough for the trip, even passing most cars on the drive up to Genting. Handling was secure (tho no fun at all), roadholding good, ride was generally ok, and noise was intrusive only if you break the speed limit. I’m quite pleased with it overall - I’d be happy to share more if anyone’s interested. Overall about 6litres/100km.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1