SEAT Arona

Fishycat

Undeniably a fantastic buy, Wen! I’m sure you’ll enjoy many miles of driving bliss in it! This car is the performance bargain in our market!

For the rest of us driving an Arona or have ordered one, I’m happy to say that I think we have bought a car very much fit-for-purpose - it’s a great city car, and I’m loving that it’s cheap to run and can fulfill almost all my needs - it’s like living in a 4-room flat, it’s well-priced, big enough, and you still qualify for a lot of benefits, hahaha! To carry the analogy further, this Arona is like a 4-room flat with a great view and near the MRT station!

↡ Advertisement

I wanted Arona white with grey roof FR.... seat (as in the one we sit on, hehee)  I will keep it original as the FR themed fabric is very nice. 

As I was about to find one weekend to go down and meet the SE, Skoda (quietly) announced the Octavia VRS 245. Test drove that and my love went somewhere else  :a-happy: ... then a few days later I signed on the VRS.

if i had that extra 20k factored in, i would have gone for the skoda too.

Maximize the dollar to HP ratio !

Supersonic

Undeniably a fantastic buy, Wen! I’m sure you’ll enjoy many miles of driving bliss in it! This car is the performance bargain in our market!

For the rest of us driving an Arona or have ordered one, I’m happy to say that I think we have bought a car very much fit-for-purpose - it’s a great city car, and I’m loving that it’s cheap to run and can fulfill almost all my needs - it’s like living in a 4-room flat, it’s well-priced, big enough, and you still qualify for a lot of benefits, hahaha! To carry the analogy further, this Arona is like a 4-room flat with a great view and near the MRT station!

A very happy buyer.

[laugh]

Any seat owners can provide feedback on the servicing? Like to hear both positive and negative ones if any..

Most importantly whether those negative, fault/flaws were highlighted to their management and what was the response? Do they ignore, improve or sincerely compensate their supporters somehow.

Since not been backup by VW group unlike Skoda which many may preferred to drawback even they like the car. In my opinion Seat pricing is not attractive and just been comparative, so hopefully they can at least gain some votes on their aftersales.

No I haven’t had the chance, but I’m due to bring my car in to rectify the rear central seatbelt under that recall (which also affects Ibiza and polo). They claim it’s a half-hour fix so I’ll see how the overall experience is going to be.

I’m thinking for a new car, i should have fairly minimal contact with their service dept for the next 3-5 years. It’s been like that for all my new cars (this is my 9th) - never really had an issue with any service dept.

We have had a bro who highlighted his issues with the New Leon and exchanges with the AD.

Given that the vehicle comes with a 2 + 3 years warranty, the next 5 years will be a good gauge of the AD ability to deliver.

In the meantime, still patiently waiting .......

(edited)

We have had a bro who highlighted his issues with the New Leon and exchanges with the AD.

Given that the vehicle comes with a 2 + 3 years warranty, the next 5 years will be a good gauge of the AD ability to deliver.

Mine only has 3 years warranty Edited by Sky_blue

Look like AD has given up and not following up anymore... He did a very comprehensive on the faults which kind of scary for a new car.

Mine only has 3 years warranty ð

I went for the 3+2 extended warranty they called it. Even though their brochure clearly stated 5 years warranty.

Hahahhaa. Gimmick or not. I believe i got a good deal hence i signed.

Hope the rumour that theres a shipment coming at the end of july is true.

I went for the 3+2 extended warranty they called it. Even though their brochure clearly stated 5 years warranty.

Hahahhaa. Gimmick or not. I believe i got a good deal hence i signed.

Hope the rumour that theres a shipment coming at the end of july is true.

How much did you top up for 3+2 years warranty?

I was not given that option then.

The 3 + 2 system works this way, the 3 yrs is by SEAT HQ which Vertex will claim from them. The +2 is actually a insurance purchased locally that covers parts failure (not wear and tear stuff). 

Another reason I was sceptical with SEAT , despite I like the car, is the backend support as VAG cars is not Toyota so if possible I will try to go to one with a better record for support. 

I also Wish vertex will do a good job in that as I do not mind going with SEAT for my next car.

How much did you top up for 3+2 years warranty?

I was not given that option then.

The breakdown is as such iirc

Extended warranty +1.5k

Leather seats +800

Car Cam & Solar film +700

Correct me if i am wrong bros.

The breakdown is as such iirc

Extended warranty +1.5k

Leather seats +800

Car Cam & Solar film +700

Correct me if i am wrong bros.

Extended warranty +1500

Leather seats +1200

Car Cam & Solar film +800

I wonder if they still let me purchase that extended warranty before I pick up my car.

Or perhaps it’s not needed

I agree with Wen - even at $1500 it’s better to have the full 5-year warranty. At least for peace of mind haha!

I think Vertex will be around, the new Seat cars should continue to be appealing, they should be doing well enough to be in existence for a while, not like the last time. So far I find the arona to be well-engineered and well-built. They’ve (VW group) built over a million of the one litre engines and there doesn’t seem to be any major problems with the design and quality.

Having driven to Malaysia and over some appalling roads recently, I’m confident the car body will remain solid for many years. Wen does correctly point out about the old issue with the dry clutch DSG, we’ll have to see how this new box performs over the long term.

I’d rather take a risk and embrace new technology, than go with a Toyota with yesterday’s tech and dread every km I drive in it. (Or God forbid, a CVT transmission!) Can we have a great driving car and great reliability?

Brought the Arona in at 1pm today for the recall fix. Since it’s working hours, there was no other customer at the service centre. Reception was a breeze and the service advisor quickly came by to take the car away - was told 1 hour tho the letter indicated half hour. In any case, it took about 40 min. I thot the service advisor (who didn’t look busy) would make some small talk to ask how my car was, but no.

The service centre is clean, spacious but lacked amenities for customers - no TV, no WiFi, few chairs, no newspapers, there were some magazines lying around tho. Couple of sales people were taking their lunch and of course knew I came in to get the car fixed - later when I went round the showroom, I was duly ignored! There was a nicely trimmed Ateca Xcellence at the showroom (should I have bought that, hmm) and a number of Arona style waiting for delivery. Day after a weekend, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When I finally bring the car in for servicing, I don’t think I’ll be facing much delay lah. Overall unexceptional experience, but I don’t plan on spending much time at any service centre!

• Praise 1

(edited)

It's a VAG cars. It's 7 sp DRY dsg. I driving a 1.4 VW so I can safely say yes if can get the 5 years warranty... the $1500 more is very cheap insurance for 2 more years of coverage. 

Is the DSG failure covered in the insurance in the first place. Wait they claim it is tear-and-wear haha.

Edited by Heartlander
↡ Advertisement