SEAT Arona

Fishycat

I agree Wen, the Arona’s spec is not much different from any modern engine but what I find amazing is how accessible the performance is. I’ve tried the civic 1.5 turbo, the ch-r turbo, even the Tucson 1.6 turbo and they don’t seem to be as responsive, but I’m guessing the light weight of the arona and the good matching of the DSG has got a lot to do with it. I’m still turning in about 15-16km per litre in sgp driving, so even if it seems I’m flooring it at the lights, with this FC, I’m not going to stop! Happy driving!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I agree Wen, the Arona’s spec is not much different from any modern engine but what I find amazing is how accessible the performance is. I’ve tried the civic 1.5 turbo, the ch-r turbo, even the Tucson 1.6 turbo and they don’t seem to be as responsive, but I’m guessing the light weight of the arona and the good matching of the DSG has got a lot to do with it. I’m still turning in about 15-16km per litre in sgp driving, so even if it seems I’m flooring it at the lights, with this FC, I’m not going to stop! Happy driving!

One more reason you feel the "good feel" is the 7 DSG. The rest uses CVT (besides Tuscon that uses dual clutch). CVT as much as it is reliable, it is not a GB that gives u a good drive for all the reason as we all know , if u duuno just google it.

DSG is a love and hate thing. Love when its working, hate when its not. 

Since Arona uses the 7 speed wet, which is the infamous DQ200 it has higher chance of failure than others such as 6 or 7 speed wet DSG... so this is what I can tell you guys since i drove 7 yrs of a VW with DQ200:

- Do not sprint off fast in btw traffic, this will heat up ur GB more which leads to failure as heat is never a friend for cars

- Do not keep inching forward bit by bit. Move when there is a half or 3/4 car space ahead. Yes, someone will cut in so be it. 

- Do not move gear till car complete stop, applies to all GB but more so to DSG.

- Be gentle , go aggressive only when the road ahead is clear due to same reason as 1st point above.

One more reason you feel the "good feel" is the 7 DSG. The rest uses CVT (besides Tuscon that uses dual clutch). CVT as much as it is reliable, it is not a GB that gives u a good drive for all the reason as we all know , if u duuno just google it.

DSG is a love and hate thing. Love when its working, hate when its not. 

Since Arona uses the 7 speed wet, which is the infamous DQ200 it has higher chance of failure than others such as 6 or 7 speed wet DSG... so this is what I can tell you guys since i drove 7 yrs of a VW with DQ200:

- Do not sprint off fast in btw traffic, this will heat up ur GB more which leads to failure as heat is never a friend for cars

- Do not keep inching forward bit by bit. Move when there is a half or 3/4 car space ahead. Yes, someone will cut in so be it. 

- Do not move gear till car complete stop, applies to all GB but more so to DSG.

- Be gentle , go aggressive only when the road ahead is clear due to same reason as 1st point above.

The DSG box is 'wet' ? DQ200 not dry? I'm interested in the Ibiza but the DQ200 is holding me back cos it's dry clutch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Praise 1

The DSG box is 'wet' ? DQ200 not dry? I'm interested in the Ibiza but the DQ200 is holding me back cos it's dry clutch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's dry clutch.  Anything torque 200NM and below is dry as DQ200 can only handle torque up to 200NM

• Praise 1

It's dry clutch.  Anything torque 200NM and below is dry as DQ200 can only handle torque up to 200NM

DQ200 has been paired with engines up to 250nm [nod]

• Praise 2

DQ200... worldwide recalls more than 5yrs ago.

If by now they still haven't solved or fixed it and continue selling it in their vehicles, something must be really wrong.

VW must be the biggest bad-assed car company to have the audacity to continue selling a defective product for years.

Oil has been changed. Mechatronic redesigned. Software upgraded.

Perhaps it's the way people handle the gearboxes?

Proper usage and proper maintenance is the key.

I've witnessed people wreaking even CVT gearboxes and traditional torque converter gearboxes, not to mention SMG, Selespeed, MTA transmissions as well.

Like that how? All cannot buy?

Can only buy manual transmission? [rolleyes]

Sorry typo... DQ200 is dry... but its improved a lot since 2010 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox#List_of_DSG_variants

Can handle 250Nm for DQ200 

• Praise 1

Just collected my FR.

The new car smell is intoxicating.

Car has been ceramic coated inside out for easy maintenence. ð

Congrats!!!

You are fast, just collected and already have your ceramic coating done. Can PM to share your package?

Enjoy your ride

Edited by Sky_blue
  • Praise 1

Congrats!!!

You are fast, just collected and already have your ceramic coating done. Can PM to share your package? âºï¸

Enjoy your ride ð

White ma. Its a necessary precaution. Hahaha.

Had it done at J2 Professional Car Care at AMK Autopoint. Interior was coated as well. Downtime was about 6 hours, sent it in immediately after collection.

White ma. Its a necessary precaution. Hahaha.

Had it done at J2 Professional Car Care at AMK Autopoint. Interior was coated as well. Downtime was about 6 hours, sent it in immediately after collection.

I always wonder why some photos online shows the "Start/Stop" button is on the right side of the gear, while Singapore one is on the left side?

Seat_Arona_2017_Dashboard.jpeg

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Wanted to check if it is worth paying 2000 for the accessories for ARONA that is solar film, leather seats and in car camera 2 channel. How’s the quality of the solar film and other accessories or is it better and cheaper to get accessories outside.

Thanks for the replies .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1