2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

Had the 1st gen accord, year 2000 accord, 2004 accord and the 2008 accord. 

After go many accord and worried how the price be like in 2018 when the accord come in. i expect ard 150-160k for base model?

Had made other option to replace my 9+year CP3 accord....... Sad the Gen 10 accord come a little late..........

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Had the 1st gen accord, year 2000 accord, 2004 accord and the 2008 accord. 

After go many accord and worried how the price be like in 2018 when the accord come in. i expect ard 150-160k for base model?

Had made other option to replace my 9+year CP3 accord....... Sad the Gen 10 accord come a little late..........

wah. i like the look of the Gen 8 one. My dad's one was Gen 7. mine is Gen 9 pre-FL.

Turbocharged

All like that and still using bulbs for rear signals? I dunno why but that irks me bad.

ya. the rear signal light is using bulbs....... not full LED........

Dun think KM will bring in with Honda sensing too right? Unless the 2.0T turbo fully spec up.... that i think in type R price range. 190k for 2.0T? ha.

Twincharged

All like that and still using bulbs for rear signals? I dunno why but that irks me bad.

What so bad about using Bulbs.?At least replacement just a few Dollars,My Friend's BMW,1 LED Brake light not working,needs to change the whole panel,costed a Bomb.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)

What so bad about using Bulbs.?At least replacement just a few Dollars,My Friend's BMW,1 LED Brake light not working,needs to change the whole panel,costed a Bomb.

They went and made the front end all LED, the rear tail lights (and brake lights?) LED, but then the bulbs just seem to cheapen the look.

I won't argue anything about the cost of replacement, but it just seems like they stopped halfway to me, aesthetically. It's kind of like how the Vezel and pre-FL Harrier have bulb high-beam.

And LED reliability is generally pretty OK - this Accord would have the exact same problem as that BMW 1 anyway since it has LEDs for the tail lights. Taking the assumption that a LED system doesn't fail, it would have a lot more uptime than bulbs would and I think it's quite important for people to have working signal lights. Then again, considering how little people use them... maybe should forget I said anything  :a-panic:

I also have had experience with people with no working bulbs in their tail lights and brake lights, except for the remaining LED HMSL.

The Toyota Prius is the one that bothers me the most though, that supposedly super-eco car goes half-way with bulbs for the signal lights and what not even though it's supposed to be as energy efficient as possible.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 3

It looks a bit low to be an Accord. I think it should have a higher ground clearance and probably a front that looks more than the 2nd gen Accord rather than the current Civic.

Rims ok la, else people say Accord becoming too ah pek. Even the Camry is changing. [laugh]

1920px-1982-1983_Honda_Accord_EX_sedan_%

Thanks for memory. My Father has this model and the one before this (round headlights).

Sort of grew up with accords till my teens...

• Praise 1

ya. the rear signal light is using bulbs....... not full LED........

Dun think KM will bring in with Honda sensing too right? Unless the 2.0T turbo fully spec up.... that i think in type R price range. 190k for 2.0T? ha.

It depends on what borneo brings in.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Thanks for memory. My Father has this model and the one before this (round headlights).

Sort of grew up with accords till my teens...

Honda_Accord_1st_generation_(Series_SJ-S

The last time I saw one on the roads was in the early 2000s.

• Praise 1

My dad had this.

And it was my first exposure to an Accord.

My first car is an Accord too.

It looks a bit low to be an Accord. I think it should have a higher ground clearance and probably a front that looks more than the 2nd gen Accord rather than the current Civic.

Rims ok la, else people say Accord becoming too ah pek. Even the Camry is changing.  [laugh]

1920px-1982-1983_Honda_Accord_EX_sedan_%

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Anyway,due to our "Special" Tax system,most Cars bring in will be a "Based" Model...Alot of Equipments..will not bring in.

Supersonic

Anyway,due to our "Special" Tax system,most Cars bring in will be a "Based" Model...Alot of Equipments..will not bring in.

You want more, you pay more.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The local tradition is a "base" model using some wimpy NA engine, and then I suppose we will get a "luxury" model with a turbo.

Turbocharged

It depends on what borneo brings in.

Yeah, I think they all in the same competition level.....Accord, Camry and Cefiro (Teana). But seems like Teana disappeared.

• Praise 2

Yeah, I think they all in the same competition level.....Accord, Camry and Cefiro (Teana). But seems like Teana disappeared.

Teana branding and perception can't fight with Camry and accord
  • Praise 2

The local tradition is a "base" model using some wimpy NA engine, and then I suppose we will get a "luxury" model with a turbo.

May no longer be the case. Cos the 2.0L NA engines are quite old and will have significant tax penalties.

That's why the accord is already taken off the KM's price list liao.

i expect the CRV to be the 1.5T coming in. Similarly the accord should be all updated. 

It's not even branding/perception.

The altima in USA is one of the cars that a significant percentage of consumers are disappointed after buying. It's always been a 2 way fight between Camry and Accord in USA. Accord doesn't sell much to fleet cars, so actually it's the most popular family executive sedan in the USA.

• Praise 1

But crossovers and SUVs are the new kings. At most like the civic, can only canabalise other sedan's marketshare...

Turbocharged

True in SGP and is also why Nissan has lower or little resale value. However in China here where I work, people do not care about the re-sale value and thus willing to purchase the Teana and I also find it is a rather comfortable car among the 3. Maybe it cannot compete also due to the car performance I suppose.

↡ Advertisement