2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

True in SGP and is also why Nissan has lower or little resale value. However in China here where I work, people do not care about the re-sale value and thus willing to purchase the Teana and I also find it is a rather comfortable car among the 3. Maybe it cannot compete also due to the car performance I suppose.

IIRC, teana is the only jap car in that class to offer lwb version 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Thanks for memory. My Father has this model and the one before this (round headlights).

Sort of grew up with accords till my teens...

I believe my family's also had one of those pictured... 

Wonder why they scrap the dual-screen layout. That was something that somehow made the old Accord interior feel more premium. Like Infiniti...

(edited)

I believe my family's also had one of those pictured...

Wonder why they scrap the dual-screen layout. That was something that somehow made the old Accord interior feel more premium. Like Infiniti...

Haha I feel it's bit superfluous.

Just that I have a big screen to tell me current and overall FC lol.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

Haha I feel it's bit superfluous.

Just that I have a big screen to tell me current and overall FC lol.

Probably they don't need it anymore since the main instrument panel has a larger digital display

What so bad about using Bulbs.?At least replacement just a few Dollars,My Friend's BMW,1 LED Brake light not working,needs to change the whole panel,costed a Bomb.

You can still buy LED replacement filament bulbs
  • Praise 1

LED will not fail, but the circuit board will fail after some time, expect somewhere 3 years later.

They went and made the front end all LED, the rear tail lights (and brake lights?) LED, but then the bulbs just seem to cheapen the look.

I won't argue anything about the cost of replacement, but it just seems like they stopped halfway to me, aesthetically. It's kind of like how the Vezel and pre-FL Harrier have bulb high-beam.

And LED reliability is generally pretty OK - this Accord would have the exact same problem as that BMW 1 anyway since it has LEDs for the tail lights. Taking the assumption that a LED system doesn't fail, it would have a lot more uptime than bulbs would and I think it's quite important for people to have working signal lights. Then again, considering how little people use them... maybe should forget I said anything  :a-panic:

I also have had experience with people with no working bulbs in their tail lights and brake lights, except for the remaining LED HMSL.

The Toyota Prius is the one that bothers me the most though, that supposedly super-eco car goes half-way with bulbs for the signal lights and what not even though it's supposed to be as energy efficient as possible.

The LED will not fail. But because they are in-built to circuit board and heat generated cannot be "wicked" away fast enough through its heat sink, all LED light will fail approx 3 years later.

You can still buy LED replacement filament bulbs

ya. the rear signal light is using bulbs....... not full LED........

Dun think KM will bring in with Honda sensing too right? Unless the 2.0T turbo fully spec up.... that i think in type R price range. 190k for 2.0T? ha.

Understand Honda sensing will come standard with all variants from factory. Honda are more generous with features compared with othe makes.

Understand Honda sensing will come standard with all variants from factory. Honda are more generous with features compared with othe makes.

Heard that CRV does not come with Honda sensing.

Honda Sensing is not available in Singapore

Needs to pay for this Option.

As in they offer it as an option? I was told Kah Motor doesn't bring Honda Sensing to Singapore, all Honda vehicles here are without Honda Sensing

As in they offer it as an option? I was told Kah Motor doesn't bring Honda Sensing to Singapore, all Honda vehicles here are without Honda Sensing

Honda sensing is good but too bad KM doesn't know how to do business.

Same for hybrids.

Vezel hybrid can sell in the PI market but KM ignore. Honda sensing can sell in the PInmakrrr but KM ignore. Sooner or later customers will also ignore KM

• Praise 1

It looks a bit low to be an Accord. I think it should have a higher ground clearance and probably a front that looks more than the 2nd gen Accord rather than the current Civic.

Rims ok la, else people say Accord becoming too ah pek. Even the Camry is changing. [laugh]

1920px-1982-1983_Honda_Accord_EX_sedan_%

Wow my dad drove this for around 20 years before scrapping in 2001 and changing to Mitsubishi Lancer MX Saloon.

Remember that accord fondly as we went many places, including Malaysia, where some roads were in such bad conditioned we were wondered if the car can tahan.

And finally at the last year the car just somehow post its power that even in multistorey carpark my dad had to shift to low gear just to climb upslope.

The gears also interesting.

P

R

N

OD

* (It was a star symbol)

L

• Praise 1

the car looks like the designer just tooks a Civic and stretch it longer to make an accord, he did  not even bother to clean up the shape to enhance its look after a stretch work. The interior is as ordinary as it can be for a revamped model. In all aspects, I think the designer of new Camry did a much much better job. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement