2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

Neutral Newbie

Honda sensing is good but too bad KM doesn't know how to do business.

Same for hybrids.

Vezel hybrid can sell in the PI market but KM ignore. Honda sensing can sell in the PInmakrrr but KM ignore. Sooner or later customers will also ignore KM

In my opinion, Honda sensing only useful if you are driving up north on the NSH. in sg bumper to bumper traffic and with people cutting in and out, its more of a nuisance... not to mention the adaptive cruise control leaves more than 3-4 car length at its minimum setting...
↡ Advertisement

Over a dozen car models - including some popular mainstays - will not meet the Euro 6 emission standard which kicks in on Friday.

These include popular executive sedans like the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and Nissan Teana, and budget sedans like the Nissan Almera and Toyota Vios.

Chevrolet's entire range here, along with Suzuki's Swift hatchback and S-Cross crossover, Hyundai's sporty Veloster and Honda's budget seven-seater Mobilio, also do not meet the emission standard.

The respective authorised agents plan to bring back Euro 6-compliant versions of some of the cars in due course.

Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox

But a few are likely to exit the market for good, including the Nissan Teana, Honda Accord and Honda Mobilio.

teana and accord leaving the market for good

Supersonic

Damn

https://www.motor1.com/news/237915/honda-halts-accord-production/

No amount of engineering brilliance can save the Accord from consumers’ love of crossovers and SUVs.

No amount of praise can save sedans from to onslaught of the SUV’s dominance. Sedan sales across the industry, from entry-level offerings to luxury models, are suffering as consumers opt for higher ride heights and faux off-road capabilities. Not even one of America’s best-selling sedans can escape. Honda, amid slow sales of its 2018 Accord, will halt production at its Marysville, Ohio plant for 11 days over the next four months, according to Automotive News.

“We're adjusting production at our automotive facilities regularly, up and down,” a spokesman told the publication. “This is just really business as usual and we're adjusting production down to match the market condition at this moment.”

The 11 days won’t happen all at once. From this month through June, production workers will take two days off a month. Workers will also have a five-day extension of the plant’s annual shutdown in July. Workers who still want to work those days of halted production can work nonproduction jobs such as maintenance. Workers can also take the days as unpaid time off or take vacation days.

"I want to stress this," the spokesman said Automotive News. "If they want to come in and work, there will work for them available on the nonproduction days."

Slow sales mean Honda had a 104-day supply of Accords as of March 1, which is higher than the industry average of a 70-day supply of vehicles. While sales are slowing, the Accord is still selling in high numbers compared to the competition. In 2017, Honda sold 322,655 Accords in the U.S., down from 2016’s 345,225 examples sold. However, Accord sales are down year-over-year through the first two months of 2018. Through February 2018, sales are down more than 5,000, selling 37,420 Accord units. Through the same period in 2017, Honda sold 42,991 Accords.

Honda’s Marysville plant also produces the Acura ILX compact sedan and TLX midsize sedan.

2018-honda-accord-first-drive.jpg

2019 Accord 2.0 turbo, selling in US

2019 Altima (teana) 2.0 turbo, previewed at show but not selling yet

2019 Mazda 6 2.5 turbo, selling in US

Out of above 3, I think only Mazda 6 2.5 turbo have a chance of appearing in sg. 

2019 Accord 2.0 turbo, selling in US

2019 Altima (teana) 2.0 turbo, previewed at show but not selling yet

2019 Mazda 6 2.5 turbo, selling in US

Out of above 3, I think only Mazda 6 2.5 turbo have a chance of appearing in sg.

Able to share why you think so?

Able to share why you think so?

My opinion, observations. As already posted above accord not selling well in launch market. Our altima/teana is already 2 gens behind. 2 gens, not 1 gen.

Mazda 6, at least the 2.5 turbo came in the cx-9.

Quite sad. When u are considering that Toyota and Honda has upped their game considerably for the camry, accord and avalon. The corolla hatchback looks good as well.

CL7 is a nice drive with a combination of executive and sporty look.

Hope it's doing well in the scrap yard now.

• Praise 1

any idea Singapore will import 1.5T or 2.0T 2019 accord,

2.0T accord has 272hp and 370Nm, quite attractive power plant [thumbsup]

KM has no plans to bring in the new Accord as of now. 

KM has no plans to bring in the new Accord as of now. 

i think the Thailand Honda plant not even start production for the Accord too......... how to bring in? Which factory producing right hand drive accord now?

• Praise 1

I thought I saw a civic over the weekend when I had a glance at the front grill, but turns out it was a sg plate accord.

Are PIs bringing it in already?

• Praise 1

the 2.0T with the 10 speed auto. Yum yum. but likely to be flagship price here in SG...

based on past experience, sg should not import 2.0T (252hp), because its Singapore price should be closed to BMW3 series or Audi A4,

and inside new told new Accord 1.5T will not be launched in Singapore until the second half of 2019.

Edited by MQX87511
↡ Advertisement