2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

198 stock horsepower from this 1.5l turbo engine. Not bad.

But I personally very much prefer if it comes with the 2l turbo engine. However, seems like sales in US not that good. Can feel this from the amount of reviews seen on youtube.

cvt cvt cvt ...

I think there will be buyers there. Cos there are buyers for the V6 accord previously. And acura only has the RDX which is brand new and also SUV.

So the people looking to stick to honda/japanese sedan but with power will have to choose the v6 camry, avalon, mz6 2.5T or 2.0 accord.

But of course the CRV outsells the accord by a large margin nowadays. Similar to all executive sedans, camry/altima etc.

↡ Advertisement

198 stock horsepower from this 1.5l turbo engine. Not bad.

But I personally very much prefer if it comes with the 2l turbo engine. However, seems like sales in US not that good. Can feel this from the amount of reviews seen on youtube.

cvt cvt cvt ...

I think there will be buyers there. Cos there are buyers for the V6 accord previously. And acura only has the RDX which is brand new and also SUV.

So the people looking to stick to honda/japanese sedan but with power will have to choose the v6 camry, avalon, mz6 2.5T or 2.0 accord.

But of course the CRV outsells the accord by a large margin nowadays. Similar to all executive sedans, camry/altima etc.

maybe i will test drive it when it comes out.

Same engine as the Civic 1.5T. Cabin and refinement while better than previous generation, is not premium level.

This time round, really took very long to come. The accord already released so long ago.

Once again will hardly sell. 

may be same engine as CRV 1.5T, turning up to 190bhp instead of Civic 1.5T 170bhp only

Supersonic

cvt cvt cvt ...

maybe i will test drive it when it comes out.

Saw the new Accord when i was in US recently. Looks quite good actually

post-1105-0-11505900-1561092718_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-27878100-1561092735_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Looks like a bigger size of the civic?!  [:p]

(edited)

The large drop in the sales of the saloon car compared to the SUVs/crossovers certainly spurred the stodgy Japanese designers in improving how their sedans look.

When even toyota feels compelled to make their new models look futuristic or more exciting ... the only brand that doesn't give a damn is subaru haha

I like the fastback like appearance but not really the front and rear. Looks too civic and brash.

Looks like a bigger size of the civic?!  [:p]

yes. the accord has never really looked too similar to the civic for the past few generations, so i don't like this current generation looks.

may be same engine as CRV 1.5T, turning up to 190bhp instead of Civic 1.5T 170bhp only

yup just different tunes.

Just like the 2.0 accord in USA is a tuned down type R engine.

Would like to try their 10 speed automatic though i doubt i would ever get the chance here in SG.

Edited by Lala81

Though I am a Honda fan, I would rather drive get a PI C Class with that kind of money.

Much better specced too.

(edited)

Honda Accord at Leng Kee showroom. White in colour.

Got Honda sensing.

Heard from SE that OMV is abt 40

Edited by Penknife

Got Honda sensing.

Omv 40k then how to price the car competitively.

Supercharged

40k is quite high. Wonder what special features it has to command this OMV. Only because of Honda Sensing?

Haha. Exactly. That’s why they r selling at 159,999

Heard from SE saying that Aug then can test drive. Now is see see touch touch sit sit only.

But I agree. Even if OMV at 37k also difficult to sell. Camry 2.5l already at more than 33k. Mazda 2.5l at 25k+

(edited)

Got Honda sensing.

wah.

when i bought, the accord 2.4 was only 32k. Mine was 28+k

Edited by Lala81

(edited)

40k is quite high. Wonder what special features it has to command this OMV. Only because of Honda Sensing?

haha yeah. no reason to command such a high OMV unless it's the 2.0T with the 10 speed automatic.

35k at most for the 1.5T version.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Today lunch time pop over to see the new accord.

Spec looks high.got wireless charging, honda sensing, rear door roller blind. But dun have the rear end roller blind. 

Was told have early bird discount of 4k. Be $155,999

• Praise 1

wait for PI accord hybrid better.

accord is mostly a USA product and don't think demand will be high.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1