2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

(edited)

actually other than CVT and the engine still being 1.5T (but they squeezing out almost 200 horses), this car is pretty well specc-ed. Just the price is difficult to swallow for a japanese brand.

But BM 2.5L camry's pricing is around there as well. 149k (assuming that as per previously, the more expensive accord will have a higher OMV than the camry)

as i said before. If u don't really need the rear legroom of an executive sedan (accord sized vehicle). And u are just comparing premium compact sedans. 

Comparing IS300 vs A4 2.0, other than the RWD and the slightly higher power, i would rather take the A4 at 140+k (if still can find this pricing). Though both the 0-100 times are quite similar, 7.3s vs 7.0s despite the supposed 40 horses difference on paper.

A4 for me any day.

Edited by Wondertree
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

actually other than CVT and the engine still being 1.5T (but they squeezing out almost 200 horses), this car is pretty well specc-ed. Just the price is difficult to swallow for a japanese brand.

But BM 2.5L camry's pricing is around there as well. 149k (assuming that as per previously, the more expensive accord will have a higher OMV than the camry)

as i said before. If u don't really need the rear legroom of an executive sedan (accord sized vehicle). And u are just comparing premium compact sedans. 

Comparing IS300 vs A4 2.0, other than the RWD and the slightly higher power, i would rather take the A4 at 140+k (if still can find this pricing). Though both the 0-100 times are quite similar, 7.3s vs 7.0s despite the supposed 40 horses difference on paper.

The A4 is starting to look aged although its been around for about 3 years....same as the IS 300.

The Accord looks good and the specs are not bad (on paper).

If its me choosing at this price range, I will just put my money on the Stinger. At my mid life crisis age, I think I need something more powerful to fulfil my inner desire for a speedy ride.

• Praise 1

Went to see the new accord today. Car is long and low. The design is nice and sporty except the default rim size is only 17”. The interior ergonomics is good. I like it when I was behind the wheels. Rear seats are comfy and the legroom is generous. The car comes with practically any features which you may find except those gesturing and “hey BMW” features which you find in those Conti.

No test drive now. Need to feel the NVH as Honda is not very good at that as noticed when I was driving the Ody. Car depending colour will come end October.

Price is a bit high though.....

• Praise 2

Went to see the new accord today. Car is long and low. The design is nice and sporty except the default rim size is only 17â. The interior ergonomics is good. I like it when I was behind the wheels. Rear seats are comfy and the legroom is generous. The car comes with practically any features which you may find except those gesturing and âhey BMWâ features which you find in those Conti.

No test drive now. Need to feel the NVH as Honda is not very good at that as noticed when I was driving the Ody. Car depending colour will come end October.

Will you buy?
  • Praise 1

Accord in 1.5T can achieve 198bhp?

How come the Passat with a bigger 1800cc  engine capacity, also in turbo form churns out significantly lesser bhp than the 1500cc litre turbo Accord?

How come the Passat with a bigger 1800cc  engine capacity, also in turbo form churns out significantly lesser bhp than the 1500cc litre turbo Accord?

I'm no VAG expert but this 1.8T is probably an old engine.  Probably tuned for economy and emissions.

Passats worldwide run on the 2L except singapore and maybe few other countries?

Even their more than a decade old 1.4L has 250nm of torque which is the same as their 1.8T lol.

Whereas the accord's engine is only from 2017 when the new civic/jade RS 1st featured it.

Went to see the new accord today. Car is long and low. The design is nice and sporty except the default rim size is only 17”. The interior ergonomics is good. I like it when I was behind the wheels. Rear seats are comfy and the legroom is generous. The car comes with practically any features which you may find except those gesturing and “hey BMW” features which you find in those Conti.

Do update if test drive available. I will probably go down just to kaypoh

Edited by Lala81

New Honda Accord 1.5 VTEC Turbo (A) Specs | Specifications Singapore - sgCarMart

Passat 1.8T only 178bhp?

New Volkswagen Passat 1.8 TSI Comfortline (A) Specs | Specifications Singapore - sgCarMart

How come the Passat with a bigger 1800cc engine capacity, also in turbo form churns out significantly lesser bhp than the 1500cc litre turbo Accord?

Does the size of the snail affects bhp as well?

For Honda L15B7 engine use for the Accord and CR-V can boost pressure of 20.2 psi and 18.5 psi respectively.  It produces 198 hp and 190 hp respectively. Contrary to this, I guess Passat is low pressure turbo. I did not bother to search on VW Passat turbo engine

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 2

Ok not that this will make it to Singapore... But a manual Accord sports. 
Seems like should just stick to the 10sp auto in the accord 2.0. 

But in recent years, while Honda products have been largely improving year by year and have sold well (CRV, Civic, Type R/Accord to a lesser extent).
Acura products have been getting worse other than NSX and the RDX which was released this year.

• Praise 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Lala81 said:

Ok not that this will make it to Singapore... But a manual Accord sports. 
Seems like should just stick to the 10sp auto in the accord 2.0. 

But in recent years, while Honda products have been largely improving year by year and have sold well (CRV, Civic, Type R/Accord to a lesser extent).
Acura products have been getting worse other than NSX and the RDX which was released this year.

Wah!  made in Thai also cost 160k[rolleyes]

its price much even Higher than Passat 1.8T (Made in Germany), close to Audi A4 2.0T (Made in Germany) and Volvo S60 2.0T (Made in USA),

Really Don't know what is the basis of price how many units KM can sell [shakehead]

Edited by MQX87511

9 minutes ago, MQX87511 said:

Wah!  made in Thai also cost 160k[rolleyes]

its price much even Higher than Passat 1.8T (Made in Germany), close to Audi A4 2.0T (Made in Germany) and Volvo S60 2.0T (Made in USA),

Really Don't know what is the basis of price how many units KM can sell [shakehead]

When i got mine, also 161k. but Passat 1.8T was 177k for event car. [:p]

I think currently the audi a4 is probably the better deal compared to other such sedans. Though it's a compact premium vehicle instead of a midsized one.

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

When i got mine, also 161k. but Passat 1.8T was 177k for event car. [:p]

I think currently the audi a4 is probably the better deal compared to other such sedans. Though it's a compact premium vehicle instead of a midsized one.

I do not see many new accord on the road now le? Seems like suddenly this model no longer popular? At least still can see new camry on the road lo. Japan made 2.0L range cars think not many people interested to buy now? All flock to buy entry level conti cars?!

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I do not see many new accord on the road now le? Seems like suddenly this model no longer popular? At least still can see new camry on the road lo. Japan made 2.0L range cars think not many people interested to buy now? All flock to buy entry level conti cars?!

Pricing not attractive. not many people buy sedans anymore unless it's B&B or for the badge.
And camrys are always more popular in singapore anyway. Especially since most of the new camrys in singapore look like sold by PI.

Haha accord and camry are quite ah pek cars i admit. I'm probably one of the youngest drivers out there [:p]

In USA, the pricing tiers are much more distinct. Audi and mercs there start at 40+ to 50k. Whereas Camry and accords are from the base 25k to somewhere around 35-38k full spec.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Pricing not attractive. not many people buy sedans anymore unless it's B&B or for the badge.
And camrys are always more popular in singapore anyway. Especially since most of the new camrys in singapore look like sold by PI.

Haha accord and camry are quite ah pek cars i admit. I'm probably one of the youngest drivers out there [:p]

In USA, the pricing tiers are much more distinct. Audi and mercs there start at 40+ to 50k. Whereas Camry and accords are from the base 25k to somewhere around 35-38k full spec.

Quite true, main problem should be pricing not attractive for accord. The price is much more higher than camry, no wonder still can see people buying camry. I guess many people have moved up buying conti cars even they want a sedan lo. You can see many people have so called ''upgraded'' to CLA mercs or audi A3 rather than buying accord or camry if they can afford to spend at least $150k on a car. Lol.

19 hours ago, 13177 said:

Quite true, main problem should be pricing not attractive for accord. The price is much more higher than camry, no wonder still can see people buying camry. I guess many people have moved up buying conti cars even they want a sedan lo. You can see many people have so called ''upgraded'' to CLA mercs or audi A3 rather than buying accord or camry if they can afford to spend at least $150k on a car. Lol.

150k for CLA. A3 u can get it for less than 120k with spare change. Guess more comparative will be A4, which I feel is still vfm with the engine, power and tech.

It actually just means the conti makes are doing something right, since people r going for that. That’s effective marketing and meeting consumer demands.

KM will have to do something and not hope the brand sells itself cos it no longer can.

1 hour ago, Midorima said:

150k for CLA. A3 u can get it for less than 120k with spare change. Guess more comparative will be A4, which I feel is still vfm with the engine, power and tech.

It actually just means the conti makes are doing something right, since people r going for that. That’s effective marketing and meeting consumer demands.

KM will have to do something and not hope the brand sells itself cos it no longer can.

There is one super impt aspect and adv the Accord have over these low end euro cars... 

Overall reliability and low running cost! Audi, Benz, VW reliability are just nowhere near the Accord. Chances are u will spend alot more time stuck in the respective ADs workshop within a few mths of ownership vs troublefree motoring for the Accord.

And the Accord parts will be plenty be it from stockist or from the internet. And the parts will be quite cheap. And u can svcs your Accord in some obscure Pusat abang kereta servis in bolehland for even more savings. 

Try doing that in your A4 MTM

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1