2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

1 minute ago, Cheefarn said:

There is one super impt aspect and adv the Accord have over these low end euro cars... 

Overall reliability and low running cost! Audi, Benz, VW reliability are just nowhere near the Accord. Chances are u will spend alot more time stuck in the respective ADs workshop within a few mths of ownership vs troublefree motoring for the Accord.

And the Accord parts will be plenty be it from stockist or from the internet. And the parts will be quite cheap. And u can svcs your Accord in some obscure Pusat abang kereta servis in bolehland for even more savings. 

Try doing that in your A4 MTM

Even what you said might be true, but now people going for conti cars have become very common. Dont know if these people know the running cost on conti cars?

No wonder people still continue to buy reliable toyota cars? 😂

↡ Advertisement

24 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

There is one super impt aspect and adv the Accord have over these low end euro cars... 

Overall reliability and low running cost! Audi, Benz, VW reliability are just nowhere near the Accord. Chances are u will spend alot more time stuck in the respective ADs workshop within a few mths of ownership vs troublefree motoring for the Accord.

And the Accord parts will be plenty be it from stockist or from the internet. And the parts will be quite cheap. And u can svcs your Accord in some obscure Pusat abang kereta servis in bolehland for even more savings. 

Try doing that in your A4 MTM

I’ve owned an Audi for 2 years. Only spent 2 days in workshop for 2 servicing. 1 extra day for tuning.

My friends have owned conti makes and don’t have much problems too. Your impression of reliability is probably a little old, and based on that few examples which are magnified cos who doesn’t like to complain?

I also have a Honda Civic and is in a group chat, and the problems with it are plenty. U sure the Accord is trouble free motoring?

And let’s say u r right. Maybe have to go workshop 1-2 days a year (which usually isn’t the case). It’s covered by warranty still. I still can enjoy 363 days of it.

Your opinion is not wrong. Just that it may not be the common opinion out there, evidenced by the number of people buying the accord. To each it’s own.

Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Midorima said:

I’ve owned an Audi for 2 years. Only spent 2 days in workshop for 2 servicing. 1 extra day for tuning.

My friends have owned conti makes and don’t have much problems too. Your impression of reliability is probably a little old, and based on that few examples which are magnified cos who doesn’t like to complain?

I also have a Honda Civic and is in a group chat, and the problems with it are plenty. U sure the Accord is trouble free motoring?

And let’s say u r right. Maybe have to go workshop 1-2 days a year (which usually isn’t the case). It’s covered by warranty still. I still can enjoy 363 days of it.

Your opinion is not wrong. Just that it may not be the common opinion out there, evidenced by the number of people buying the accord. To each it’s own.

lets not forget the head turning and mesmerizing stares you get from passer by when you drive a conti audi vs a jap civic right? 

the shiokness is there. come back after your warranty ends or few years down the road if you are still not spending more time in the workshop as compared to your civic yeah. 

17 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

lets not forget the head turning and mesmerizing stares you get from passer by when you drive a conti audi vs a jap civic right? 

the shiokness is there. come back after your warranty ends or few years down the road if you are still not spending more time in the workshop as compared to your civic yeah. 

Well the civics and accords which are made in Thailand nowadays, have problems post warranty as well. You can gather feedback from the owners who own it more than 5 years.

It's not as if the Hondas don't have problems. Both conti and Honda have problems, then it comes to comparing the costs, and you also have to take into account the price you pay for the Accord, whether it is worth it.

1.5L engine turbo, with 198bhp and 260nm, 9.1sec Made in Thailand and 160k? I personally would not get it. Just comparing it to a Skoda Superb 2litre L&K specs. 217 bhp 350nm and 7 sec. That car is even cheaper and the extra cash you can use as buffer. If you compare interior quality, it is comparable.

And in a car climate like SG, how many actually drive their cars beyond 5 years? Probably most backside itchy change once warranty ends, then you don't suffer the problems right?

I think the problem is the pricing of the Accord. below 150k like the Camry, and there might be more takers.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Seriously its just a XL Civic... 

Are those really 19in wheels? They look so small for some reasons... 

Same for Merc, E-class is L and S-class is XL of the C-class

Audi A8 is the XL of the A6.....

Lexus LS is the XL of the ES...

LOL...

Btw, those wheels on the accord are just 17" and I agree its looks small on a otherwise very nice car...

Edited by Fat_slayer
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Proportions better than civic. Civic looks squashed like most B&B sedans 

For some reasons, the side profile looked ALOT and I mean ALOT like the Proton Accodena.. Opps, Honda ripped off from Proton?! Yes the Accodena was a rebadged Accord, but still... 

image.png.2428f5a5e518e46fcecffeb06393ba1e.png

The Accodena also have small 17in wheels

16 minutes ago, Sopskysalat said:

Others may think paying for skoda gets more headache such as parts failure of a conti and Honda retains it better resale value etc.

In terms of reliability, Japanese still come out tops. Of course, some may also say the Koreans are on par with the Jap in this aspect.

In terms of status, Conti is still the way to go. 

Depends what you looking for.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, ferrytales said:

Head turning and mesmerizing stares when driving an audi prob happen in some rural village. I dont like this accord but it will be more head turning than any audi that cost less than 2 times its selling price here. 

• Praise 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, ferrytales said:

There are so many BMW's, Merc's, Audi's and even Porsches in SG that very few are heads turned anymore.

1-series, 2-series, 3-series, 5-series, x1, x2, x3, x4, a3, a4, a5, a6, q3, q5, q7, e-class, c-class, a-class, b-class, gla, cla, Glc, macan, cayenne.   All boring cars unless they are an M, AMG or RS variant.  And even then, only enthusiasts know those models. 

Honestly, because I know there are going to be so few accords on the road, it's going to be more head turning for me than a 5-series, e-class or a6.  But for the average Joe, I doubt anything will turn their heads anymore. 

Suffice to say selecting a car is an intensely personal choice. If you want to choose a car to show off to everyone else, that's your choice and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Personally I want the best car I can get in my price range. It's a fact that 'premium brands' charge significantly higher premiums (40-50% higher) for their cars, partly for the badge.  That's how they make it 'premium'. But if you actually break it down, feature for feature and performance level, the car isn't 40-50% better. It might be 5-10% better at best. In many cases, you pay more for less (e.g base a4 vs accord).  For me, I'd rather pay less to get a better car with a less premium brand, than pay more for a lesser car from a premium brand. But that's me. 

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

In terms of reliability, Japanese still come out tops. Of course, some may also say the Koreans are on par with the Jap in this aspect.

In terms of status, Conti is still the way to go. 

Depends what you looking for.

Seriously Honda parts are not durable. No it is unlikely it will die on you on the roads, but many parts failed way too prematurely...

And WTF with that falling headliner and broken sun visor at just 70000km only? How are these parts be considered as wear n tear?

3 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Same for Merc, E-class is L and S-class is XL of the C-class

Audi A8 is the XL of the A6.....

Lexus LS is the XL of the ES...

LOL...

Btw, those wheels on the accord are just 17" and I agree its looks small on a otherwise very nice car...

My one is 17" also. Lol cheaper to change tyres and more comfort (in general) ha 

I think it's more cos the imitation of fastback look make it seem like it need bigger tyres. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

29 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

if you really wanna have a headturner car, personally i feel that only bentley/rollsroyce and you have to be chauffeured.

now that is head turning. 

Or maybe Proton or Perodua cos these are really rare on Sg roads. Haha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1