2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

37 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

At this price point, there are good alternatives if the buyer wants reliability. I had waited in vain for the Accord 2.0T and chose IS300 instead which cost only a little more than the Accord 1.5T. Compared to Accord 1.5T, the IS300 has roughly comparable features and reliability but with more power and luxury.

sure. U have to step down in terms of rear passenger space to a compact premium. Cos accord is only a regular mid-sized sedan.

I knew with the current weak mid sized/executive sedan market, there's zero chance of them bringing in the 2.0 accord (with the way KM prices the cars and the higher OMV relative to other jap manufacturers)

↡ Advertisement

And no way an accord can match in terms of materials or cabin design. Hondas are designed to be practical with not much luxury. A better bet would be the mz6 2.5T if that makes it here. It would not be that big a step down in terms of cabin fit and finish.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

And no way an accord can match in terms of materials or cabin design. Hondas are designed to be practical with not much luxury. A better bet would be the mz6 2.5T if that makes it here. It would not be that big a step down in terms of cabin fit and finish.

And not much sound insulation if I may add. The current CRV, even for the top spec model, is really loud at speed. traffic noise can be heard loudly in the cabin Honda doesn't in putting proper, much less extra sound insulation in their products 

9 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

And not much sound insulation if I may add. The current CRV, even for the top spec model, is really loud at speed. traffic noise can be heard loudly in the cabin Honda doesn't in putting proper, much less extra sound insulation in their products 

It will be OK in the accord. The sound issue has been largely fixed since CR1. Comparable to the camry. But of course u will hear the CVT whine when u accelerate hard.

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

The CRV is a bit noisy relative to it's competitors.

I think that's fair (I own an RW CRV). It's very dependent on road surface, but it can get quite noisy at high speed.

Part of the reason is the global CRV has active noise cancelling to reduce interior noise. KM in all their brilliance to reduce OMV removed ANC. 

Nevertheless I love my CRV and wouldn't get another car if given the choice. It's a good mix of space, performance, handling, efficiency and costs. Maybe not a master of one thing, but a jack of all trades. Plus unique on the roads. 

• Praise 1

Wah whoever wants to buy or bought this accord better dont come in this thread. But its ok lah. Some people just dont like to buy a car that is replicated anywhere they go. Or just like a car regardless of pricing and whether got people buy. I also like that. Now my car is only one of 5 in sg and one of few hundreds in the world. I can say i am the first in the world and no one can challenge me (still waiting to be challenged).

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

in his dreams lor

29 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Only got 7.3 seconds, where got 6 seconds?

Probably his stopwatch is from GM also.

Wait he say that Opel Insignia and it's Epsilon platform and it's engines are all designed and engineered in Detroit then you know ah!

Quite sick of his misleading half-truths uttered like it's the gospel. 

Cantonese will describe him as 知少少, 做代表. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Midorima said:

The A5 is selling below 170k. The list price in Audi is always much higher. You can find a SE and he/she will tell you how much is it. It was going for 164k a couple of weeks back but no servicing etc.

Yes actually the Kia Stinger would be a much better choice than the Accord. If the Stinger is not selling that much I really wonder about the sales of Accord.

VAG, probably the dq200 (the only dry clutch) really had a bad reputation but most of the cars do not use it, as it is up to 250nm of torque only. So really if u r getting like A4 and above, it is fine.

The very delectable new CLA is also around that price range with 5 years warranty and servicing from some PI. If you do not have a big family or it’s just you and your wife, then it is a much more exciting proposition than the accord.

Jaguar XE is 197 bhp for around the same price. Get the Mazda 2.5 which comes in a much better interior for 30k less. Pocket the money and go for a round the world cruise.

In short, there are much better options around for that kind of money.

• Praise 1

image.thumb.png.3de29d019227a5b92997dc83dffe46af.png

image.thumb.png.d9c545678117ca623c4a41ea6ea76f18.png

image.thumb.png.aa91d5a45fe76ad9d7309e8555ae9e2e.png

image.thumb.png.b4de736fcf0f10c1a3c7dcb9ac33e8a6.png

image.thumb.png.d7ee535c64ec6fc66a4bf60d05db061e.png

Kah Motor Co pulled the covers off the new Honda Accord today. With a launch price of S$160,999 with COE, it’s bigger, faster and safe than before…

SINGAPORE — You’ve seen it in the showroom, you’ve read our review, and now it’s officially official. The new Honda Accord met the press at the Ritz-Carlton hotel today, with a party for 400 invited guests and potential buyers set for this evening.

The 2019 Honda Accord is on sale in Singapore as a single model at S$160,999 with Certificate Of Entitlement. That money buys a version with 201 horsepower from a 1.5-litre turbo engine with Honda’s VTEC variable valve timing and lift system. It drives the front wheels through a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

only accord i would have considered in the last 20 years is the CL7R. a nicely done up model will still turn heads now.

interestingly, CL7R is the most powerful accord, made in Japan, and still looks the best. Yet the cheapest compared to the other accord models! (IIRC 80+k new w/o COE)

Pricing should be benchmarked below the MIJ Odyssey. KM needs to drop the price significantly if they want to move cars, but the accord has never really sold well.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Contipro said:

just realise the OMV of accord 1.5T Thai made  cost as much as S$40k.

even much higher than lots of other conti made origin... 

With 163k asking price, can get PI Merc C200 for the same price.

Thai made + japan badge or German made conti badge. Which one will most buyers choose? 😁

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Ceecookie said:

With 163k asking price, can get PI Merc C200 for the same price.

Thai made + japan badge or German made conti badge. Which one will most buyers choose? 😁

conti lor... 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Contipro said:

just realise the OMV of accord 1.5T Thai made  cost as much as S$40k.

even much higher than lots of other conti made origin... 

no wonder selling price is so high

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1