hahahah

if press sports mode button, can go below 6 sec

• Praise 2

paying this price for Accord

might as well buy Lexus IS 300 at $170 +

Yes. Please buy the lexus. lexus or nothing [thumbsup]

paying this price for Accord

might as well buy Lexus IS 300 at $170 +

Accord is brand new. The Lexus is a 6 year old model liao.

Accord likely to be more spacious and have more features.

• Praise 1

IS 300 is 2 ltr turbo

Accord 1.5 turbo is under power

Hypersonic
(edited)

actually other than CVT and the engine still being 1.5T (but they squeezing out almost 200 horses), this car is pretty well specc-ed. Just the price is difficult to swallow for a japanese brand.

But BM 2.5L camry's pricing is around there as well. 149k (assuming that as per previously, the more expensive accord will have a higher OMV than the camry)

IS 300 is 2 ltr turbo

as i said before. If u don't really need the rear legroom of an executive sedan (accord sized vehicle). And u are just comparing premium compact sedans. 

Comparing IS300 vs A4 2.0, other than the RWD and the slightly higher power, i would rather take the A4 at 140+k (if still can find this pricing). Though both the 0-100 times are quite similar, 7.3s vs 7.0s despite the supposed 40 horses difference on paper.

Edited by Lala81

IS 300 is 2 ltr turbo

Have you driven the Accord? How you know it’s underpowered?

Have you driven the IS300? U think it has enough power?

Buying a car is not just about engine and power or acceleration.

But I noted your preference for Lexus at a higher price. No right no wrong.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Have you driven the Accord? How you know it’s underpowered?

Have you driven the IS300? U think it has enough power?

Buying a car is not just about engine and power or acceleration.

But I noted your preference for Lexus at a higher price. No right no wrong.

i think both honda and lexus have equally crappy info-entertainment UI systems on multiple online reviews haha

actually other than CVT and the engine still being 1.5T (but they squeezing out almost 200 horses), this car is pretty well specc-ed. Just the price is difficult to swallow for a japanese brand.

But BM 2.5L camry's pricing is around there as well. 149k (assuming that as per previously, the more expensive accord will have a higher OMV than the camry)

as i said before. If u don't really need the rear legroom of an executive sedan (accord sized vehicle). And u are just comparing premium compact sedans.

Comparing IS300 vs A4 2.0, other than the RWD and the slightly higher power, i would rather take the A4 at 140+k (if still can find this pricing). Though both the 0-100 times are quite similar, 7.3s vs 7.0s despite the supposed 40 horses difference on paper.

Bhp in SG context is overrated.

I’m almost sure the A4 will feel faster than the IS300 in straight line acceleration from standstills.

Heck, even the 1.4t A3 sedan and 1.5t Civic Turbo felt faster.

The IS only booms from mid to high end of the RPM and speed.

• Praise 1

i think both honda and lexus have equally crappy info-entertainment UI systems on multiple online reviews haha

At least Honda has Apple CarPlay.

Lexus one, not that good lah. But it still works

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Bhp in SG context is overrated.

I’m almost sure the A4 will feel faster than the IS300 in straight line acceleration from standstills.

Heck, even the 1.4t A3 sedan and 1.5t Civic Turbo felt faster.

The IS only booms from mid to high end of the RPM and speed.

In general, all the toyota/lexus turbos tend to be like that.

I wonder why they don't change the tune for lower end torque? They scared the FC will suffer?

Most drivers don't rev hard anyway. how often during a daily drive, u rev past 4k rpm?

honda cabin noise refinement has always been a bit poor, and revving it up is definitely noisy.

Even on CRV. Though accord should have the best noise insulation outside of an Acura RDX.

My accord has noise cancellation to muffle out the engine noise so it's not too bad. But not sure if it's still carried on this current generation.

Any car, when you rev it up, noise can always be heard inside the cabin. Not correct?

Hypersonic

Any car, when you rev it up, noise can always be heard inside the cabin. Not correct?

some noises are more pleasing or acceptable than others. Some engines tend to whine a lot when u rev them hard.

cabin soundproofing is one part.

Another part is the aural characteristics of the engine. the more cylinders u have, the more pleasant the sound is generally.

That's why u still see people waxing lyrical about V6 engines even though mostly all replaced by 4-cylinders turbos.

as some reviewers put it, u don't want your engine to sound like it's being strangled every time u have to rev hard to overtake or build up speed quickly  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Want less NVH, get a IL6.

Music to the ear and don't sound strained at all + creamy smooth.

Lol out of budget.

K20 should be around same output?

I'm driving 9th gen pre-FL 2.0.

My dad had CM5 2.4L. I feel lower end torque is about the same actually around 3-4k rpm for normal driving. but of course cant compare when u floor it.

The 9th gen gearbox though still a 5AT is much better at dropping gears and choosing right gear compared to CM5 (smarter ECU)

Hi, Me also driving the CR1 now... just no carplay for the pre-FL but enjoying every moment especially to KL trip  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1