2018 Honda Accord

Davidklt

Today lunch time pop over to see the new accord.

Spec looks high.got wireless charging, honda sensing, rear door roller blind. But dun have the rear end roller blind.

Was told have early bird discount of 4k. Be $155,999

What engine is it using

accord is mostly a USA product and don't think demand will be high.

Same for camry
↡ Advertisement

What engine is it using

Same for camry

Camry OMV is usually lower, easier to bite. The accord's OMV has always been higher vis-a-vis.

The accord hybrid has excellent mileage.

But that 2.0 atkinson is very unrefined when u accelerate hard with it. Very loud.

Anyway the executive sedan market is really small now. Camry still can sell some due to it's bigger name here. But the other executive sedans are all getting wiped out by the crossovers.

Accords still have a presence across the border though.

Would be interested to see the malaysian response.

Well, the japs are banking that one day, all the youngsters will feel that SUV/crossovers are uncle and aunty cars and move back to sedans. Lol i dunno when that day will be ha  [laugh]

Camry OMV is usually lower, easier to bite. The accord's OMV has always been higher vis-a-vis.

But that 2.0 atkinson is very unrefined when u accelerate hard with it. Very loud.

Anyway the executive sedan market is really small now. Camry still can sell some due to it's bigger name here. But the other executive sedans are all getting wiped out by the crossovers.

Well, the japs are banking that one day, all the youngsters will feel that SUV/crossovers are uncle and aunty cars and move back to sedans. Lol i dunno when that day will be ha [laugh]

The accord will only be launched in malaysia in 2020. This goes to show how insignificant the executive sedan market is for honda malaysia.

Well, the japs are banking that one day, all the youngsters will feel that SUV/crossovers are uncle and aunty cars and move back to sedans. Lol i dunno when that day will be ha [laugh]

SUV / crossover more “young”?

Executive sedans seem to have more space though

SUV / crossover more “young”?

Executive sedans seem to have more space though

SG's population is aging rapidly.  It is much easier for older folks to get in and out of a car with higher seating position.

I sold my last sedan in 2012 and never felt like getting one again. [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

haha yeah. no reason to command such a high OMV unless it's the 2.0T with the 10 speed automatic.

35k at most for the 1.5T version.

keeping fingers crossed...we might get to c a hybrid  [:p]

accord is mostly a USA product and don't think demand will be high.

Low demand is the exact reason why one should wait for PI. Because of that, AD can't achieve economy of scale and has to price individual car with high premium to cover overheads, while PI essentially only brings the car in after it's sold and has much smaller overheads. 

Same reason why PI doesn't bother bringing in popular cars like Mazda 3. AD already sells them in droves.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Low demand is the exact reason why one should wait for PI. Because of that, AD can't achieve economy of scale and has to price individual car with high premium to cover overheads, while PI essentially only brings the car in after it's sold and has much smaller overheads. 

Same reason why PI doesn't bother bringing in popular cars like Mazda 3. AD already sells them in droves.

PI from Japan,make sure you know how to read Japanese :mellow: ,because all the Messages in the Dashboard are in Japanese,Modern large Japanese Cars very complicated.... [thumbsdown]

Edited by ER-3682

Hypersonic

The large drop in the sales of the saloon car compared to the SUVs/crossovers certainly spurred the stodgy Japanese designers in improving how their sedans look.

When even toyota feels compelled to make their new models look futuristic or more exciting ... the only brand that doesn't give a damn is subaru haha

I like the fastback like appearance but not really the front and rear. Looks too civic and brash.

yes. the accord has never really looked too similar to the civic for the past few generations, so i don't like this current generation looks.

yup just different tunes.

Just like the 2.0 accord in USA is a tuned down type R engine.

Would like to try their 10 speed automatic though i doubt i would ever get the chance here in SG.

Have you seen the new Lagacy and Outback interior?

(edited)

Have you seen the new Lagacy and Outback interior?

I meant the exterior. In a way I salute their don't give a damn that it looks ugly outside.

Subaru interiors have improved significantly since your forester started it. But then so have the competitors.

It's certainly comfortable, spacious, good visibility and cabin quality is good for the Japanese car price points.

Edited by Lala81

Their legacy doesn't sell well. Every generation is better but still won't come close to accord or camry sales.

I expect it to be a low volume seller again.

Behind altima, the Koreans etc.

But then the forester, their 7 seater and the Outback will provide the bulk of sales. Subaru is more suited for suv buyers.

Well, the japs are banking that one day, all the youngsters will feel that SUV/crossovers are uncle and aunty cars and move back to sedans. Lol i dunno when that day will be ha  [laugh]

Recently brought a Camry Hybrid from PI. Surprisingly the OMV is quite high at $41.3K.

Hypersonic

Recently brought a Camry Hybrid from PI. Surprisingly the OMV is quite high at $41.3K.

That's good. What's a regular pi camry omv?

When I was buying my car in 2015, camry is 25-26k and 28-29k for the 2.0 and 2.5l.

(edited)

That's good. What's a regular pi camry omv?

When I was buying my car in 2015, camry is 25-26k and 28-29k for the 2.0 and 2.5l.

Was told normally OMV is about $36K.

Edited by pat3g

Wow this Accord looks good

https://www.torque.com.sg/news/new-honda-accord-now-in-singapore-showrooms/

post-1798-0-52342300-1562324776_thumb.jpeg

More details of the new Honda Accord have been confirmed by official agent Kah Motor following our report from last week.

The Accord is not on their website yet, but according to a press release, the sedan is indeed powered by a turbocharged 1.5-litre engine.

Said motor develops 198hp (201ps) and 260Nm of torque, or 24hp and 35Nm more than the Accord 2.4 we last drove in 2013.

Economy-wise, the new Accord now has a combined fuel consumption figure of 15.6km/L, compared to 12.3km/L for the Accord 2.4.

The previous Accord 2.4 did the century dash in 10.5 seconds. And since the new Accord is 84kg lighter than the older one, we expect its performance times to be quicker or at least match its predecessor’s.

Official performance figures, however, are not available yet.

WHAT ELSE CAN BUYERS EXPECT?

Apart from offering more performance, the new Honda Accord is also claimed to be more spacious than its predecessor.

It has a slightly wider body and rear legroom has been increased by almost 2 inches. Honda says the quality of the materials used here has improved, too.

The seats feature taller backrests and are also more supportive. The infotainment system includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

For added convenience, there are two USB charging points, as well as Qi wireless charging for smartphones.

SOUNDS GOOD. WHAT ABOUT SAFETY FEATURES?

Honda says that among all their models, the latest Accord has the most extensive application of high-strength steel, with 54.2 percent of the car made from it.

In fact, 29 percent of the body is comprised of ultra high-strength steel.

Honda Sensing, a suite of advanced safety features, is also standard in the new Accord.

WHAT DOES HONDA SENSING OFFER?

It’s a long list, but some of the functions are:

– Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Following;

– Lane Departure Warning;

– Road Departure Mitigation and

– Collision Mitigation Braking System.

WHICH CARS RIVAL THE HONDA ACCORD?

The Accord has several competitors. On account of them being Japanese, the Mazda 6 2.5 and Toyota Camry 2.5 are probably its closest rivals.

There are also the Volkswagen Passat and Skoda Superb models, which are both available with turbocharged 1.8-litre engines.

• Praise 7

(edited)

I personally find the previous gen looks better. This new one is better cos it has the 2 litre turbo, and hopefully no more foot parking brake and saleswoman complaining about MIL during test drives.

Edited by Columbian78

I personally find the previous gen looks better. This new one is better cos it has the 2 litre turbo, and hopefully no more foot parking brake and saleswoman complaining about MIL during test drives.

1.5 litre turbo. 2.0 litre turbo Accord only in the US, replacing the previous gen V6. Definitely won't see it in this region. 

I thought the power plant is 1.5 litre turbo, downsizing from a 2.0. It appears Honda is really striving to be green and not seeking to bring down its 10s century sprint. I have good memory of Honda handling, drove CM5 for almost 10 years, but at this rate, doubt I will ever buy another Honda.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1