Harrier 2017

SKX

What is "Integrated Sport Driving"?

Was at the showroom recently.

The touchscreen is indeed small compared to those in Japan.  Think those in Japan uses the JBL system.  But I can't tell what they have for the Singapore version.

BM also throws in the following for the Premium model:

- 3 years free servicing (up to 60,000 km, or which ever comes first)

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

- Front dashboard camera (Thinkware F50)

- 3M solar film

↡ Advertisement

What is "Integrated Sport Driving"?

Don't know what that means.

But a quick google turns up this:

http://www.ultimatedrive.co.za/index.php/en/motor-vehicles/shows-sneakies-a-concepts/5415-lexus-at-the-johannesburg-international-motor-show

RX 350 EX – in 2012, the popular RX range received the new Lexus corporate identity and signature spindle grille. For 2014, the RX has been refreshed even further with a new Appearance Pack that is now standard on the RX 350 EX model. This pack comprises a re-designed bumper with larger air intakes to boost the muscularity of the front view. Other changes include new 19-inch alloys (as opposed to the 18-inch units on the outgoing model), as well as LED-type front fog lamps. For the RX 450h SE, the latest upgrade includes the LED interior lighting package as well as the adoption of the Integrated Sport Driving system which enables the driver to tune the Drive Mode Select to Eco, Normal or Sport mode.

I did noticed that there are 3 buttons just below the aircon control panel which says: "ECO", "Normal" and "Sport".

Didn't speak to any SE about it.  Was there just to recce.

Maybe richard_crl032 who has test drive it can comment?

8ar-fts.gif

8AR-FTS in NX200t application.

The max torque comes in at 1650 RPM and last till 4000 RPM before tailing off.

I think the David is talking about the Atkinson cycle again.....

1650RPM is reasonable... quite good

i feel that this turbo harrier will be more of a competition with the upcoming honda CRV and CX 5 which  all will be launching in july or Aug, rather than the dated XT.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I can say for certainty that most of us are not anti-Harrier. There are no logical reasons to be when it is non of our business and we are not the ones paying for it. Who has the money, who can choose to buy whatever they like.

I am not anti-Harrier, just anti-Bullcrap. Frankly, Harrier is a real decent car (with it's own set of pros and cons)  and the Turbo one with the BM pricing really makes it quite an attractive preposition in the segment.

I only make it my business when some people try to stuff bull-crap down our throat like we were born yesterday ... try to push their thinly veiled agenda around the forum and when challenged, with no decent intellectual rebuttal at hand, start to tell people to go back to school as if they had a lot of schooling done themselves.

This is all I have to say with regards to the fiasco in the previously closed thread. As I promised, I will move along.

Maybe his last name is Schooling leh?  [:p]

Maybe should have separate threads 

Toyota Harrier NA

Toyota Harrier Turbo

Toyota Harrier Hybrid

etc

Then no misunderstanding.  [:)]

Need a lot more threads.

BM Harrier NA, PI Harrier NA, BM Harrier Turbo, PI Harrier Turbo,..........  [laugh]

i feel that this turbo harrier will be more of a competition with the upcoming honda CRV and CX 5 which  all will be launching in july or Aug, rather than the dated XT.

Yes, you are right. Mazda and Honda must be like  [furious]

I went to see the new Mazda CX-5 on Sat with a friend. Indicative price for 2L is $140K and 2.5L is $150K. Interior not spacious.

Honda 1.5T CR-V should be about $150K or maybe even more. 

Edited by Fcw75

CR-V is 1.5L Turbo.  Weight is almost the same as Harrier 2.0L turbo at 1.7 ton.

I may be wrong, but CR-V is definitely less powerful then Harrier. 

Did not look at the CX5.  Can't say anything about it.

Maybe his last name is Schooling leh?  [:p]

Need a lot more threads.

BM Harrier NA, PI Harrier NA, BM Harrier Turbo, PI Harrier Turbo,..........  [laugh]

Yes, you are right. Mazda and Honda must be like  [furious]

I went to see the new Mazda CX-5 on Sat with a friend. Indicative price for 2L is $140K and 2.5L is $150K. Interior not spacious.

Honda 1.5T CR-V should be about $150K or maybe even more. 

BM not bringing in Harrier NA

wonder how confident is BM to secure COE within 3 months. That night after I paid the deposit I couldn't sleep thinking about this.. whether I should have opted for their Gold Bid by paying 2K more.. Hopefully got good news after July 5th  [laugh]

• Praise 1

wonder how confident is BM to secure COE within 3 months. That night after I paid the deposit I couldn't sleep thinking about this.. whether I should have opted for their Gold Bid by paying 2K more.. Hopefully got good news after July 5th  [laugh]

you should have!! somemore can go visit toyota factory.

with all these new models launching so soon, the COE will only head north.

That's my thoughts as well since CX5 and CRV would be the newest offerings to directly challenge the Harrier but then again, I can also understand why FXT is being compared cos it's also a 2litre turbo unlike the other 2 so engine and power wise, comparison between FXT n Harrier is like for like.

CX5 being NA would not be a comparison engine wise but size, aesthetic and price wise, it is indeed a competitor.

CRV is the least like cos it will be a 1.5l and with a 7 seater option, not exactly like for like though they should have a 5 seater version but price wise, it should be in the same segment.

• Praise 3

Don't worry bro, I believe barring an upshot of tremendous portions on COE(which is unlikely I feel); I believe Borneo will be successful in your bid to put the car on the road as visibility of the turbo Harrier on the roads is the best possible advert for the AD so they are equally anxious as you are for sure, good luck!!

• Praise 3

Anonymous : 1 Dislike for Harrier 2017

Comment: stop being a bully yet pretending to be nice.Report

:a-happy:

Nuff said.

• Praise 1

Sound like you wanna shoot down the harrier jet sia

Nope, not my intention and not my interest to shoot down Harrier, be it Hawker Harrier or Toyota Harrier.

Just that since discussion is so passionate perhaps should create different threads for different interest groups within the Harrier cohort, including the critics.

Nope, not my intention and not my interest to shoot down Harrier, be it Hawker Harrier or Toyota Harrier.

Just that since discussion is so passionate perhaps should create different threads for different interest groups within the Harrier cohort, including the critics.

I say again no critics here

I take care of them!

As well as others who deep thrust things down ur throat!

Critics will always b around so we do not cater to them

Follow 80/20

I say again no critics here

I take care of them!

As well as others who deep thrust things down ur throat!

Critics will always b around so we do not cater to them

Follow 80/20

Toyota Harrier (Turbo) will be Car of the Year 2017.

Nah, I say first.  :D

↡ Advertisement