Harrier 2017

SKX

Hi guys,

Asking on behalf of a friend who's driving Harrier 2.0 T.

He's only getting 7.6km/l. What are everyone getting on their harrier?InStphP.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

He's only getting 7.6km/l. What are everyone getting on their harrier?InStphP.jpg

i think also depends how he drives, how many people in the car and where he drives

if always full throttle, 4-5 pax in car everytime and many traffic lights, won't help FC

• Praise 2

Hi guys,

He's only getting 7.6km/l. What are everyone getting on their harrier?

Wow, 7.6 is extremely bad for a car that is on Atkinson Cycle at low rpm. A 2.0T should be getting at least 10km/L?

Wow, 7.6 is extremely bad for a car that is on Atkinson Cycle at low rpm. A 2.0T should be getting at least 10km/L?

Hi Andrew,

Not atkinson but boxer 2.0T albiet AWD ... my forester fxt on 80/20 city/hwy and a bit more spirit driving at S mode can be 7km/l while 20/80 city/hwy at I mode can be 11km/l.

I am referring to full tank and not single trip often quoted that is meaningless.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

HI All,

It;s been quite awhile since I've come into the forum.... can I request for some honest feedback on the harrier turbo please.

1. Fuel consumption.

2. Handling

3. Performance upgrade availability

4. Reliability

5. Cost of stock parts (general)

I'm caught between getting this and extending my present car's COE. (factoring in more expensive insurance, road tax, fuel consumption and repairs, the variance is not much). Also given that there are no longer any FXT being brought but only the NA version. The harrier turbo seem to be the closest fit.

Thanks

HI All,

It;s been quite awhile since I've come into the forum.... can I request for some honest feedback on the harrier turbo please.

1. Fuel consumption.

2. Handling

3. Performance upgrade availability

4. Reliability

5. Cost of stock parts (general)

I'm caught between getting this and extending my present car's COE. (factoring in more expensive insurance, road tax, fuel consumption and repairs, the variance is not much). Also given that there are no longer any FXT being brought but only the NA version. The harrier turbo seem to be the closest fit.

Thanks

Curious as to why insurance should be higher?

Hi guys,

My car has the same engine but I'm not driving the HT.

7.6km/l is about there if he does mostly city driving.

A more accurate figure will be from dividing mileage with actual litres pumped.

My view is don't use eco mode if the driver is not used to feathering the throttle.

• Praise 6

Hi all

I am new to this forum. Recently I test drove the harrier at BM....I quite like it.

Just wanted to ask owners of this car....is the head unit android and apple compatible?

For got to ask the SE.

I am a iphone user so obviously have apple carplay will be best.

If not, will I have to change the HU to have carplay? Or good enough to use the android/carplay usb dongle.

Thanks for your help.

• Praise 1

I was so disappointed after test driving the car over the weekend. Was so looking forward to have something to change to when present car reaches 10.

My views:

=====

- The overall look

- The interior trims (at least its better than what I presently have)

- The sun roof thinggy

- Good sound insulation (till pedal was floored)

- The auto retract of steering for easier exit/entry into car

- Suspension damping

It all but ends there.....

Dislikes

=======

- Poor fit of the seat. Not comfortably for me. Too squeezy.

- Space is smaller than expected.Both front passenger and rear.

- Driving view seems to be not that wide. Was expecting better given the higher ride height. Rear view also seems small.

- For a turbo 227 bhp car, it certainly doesn't drive like it. Even when on sports mode. Engine seemed to be struggling when floored (from stationary or moving)

- Steering was too light.

- Ride wasn't engaging at all. 

- Noticed no dip stick and refill openings for ATF and differential. At least I couldn't find it.....  (I also didn't seem to see any intercooler)

- ECU sticking up in the engine bay (may not mean it's no good.... but I don't like it there to collect dirt and be subjected to high heat from turbo.... engine bay wash also more troublesome)

Guess I'll go do the necessary repairs and replacement of wear & tear items in preparation for another decade of use for present ride. 

• Praise 3

I was so disappointed after test driving the car over the weekend. Was so looking forward to have something to change to when present car reaches 10.

My views:

Dislikes

=======

- Driving view seems to be not that wide. Was expecting better given the higher ride height. Rear view also seems small.

- For a turbo 227 bhp car, it certainly doesn't drive like it. Even when on sports mode. Engine seemed to be struggling when floored (from stationary or moving)

I think Toyota has already heard many complaints about the handling of its cars and the new Camry is supposed to have very good handling. So the next Harrier will likely have improved handling.

My views:

=====

- The overall look

- The interior trims (at least its better than what I presently have)

- The sun roof thinggy

- Good sound insulation (till pedal was floored)

- The auto retract of steering for easier exit/entry into car

- Suspension damping

It all but ends there.....

Dislikes

=======

- Noticed no dip stick and refill openings for ATF and differential. At least I couldn't find it..... (I also didn't seem to see any intercooler)

- ECU sticking up in the engine bay (may not mean it's no good.... but I don't like it there to collect dirt and be subjected to high heat from turbo.... engine bay wash also more troublesome)

Guess I'll go do the necessary repairs and replacement of wear & tear items in preparation for another decade of use for present ride.

I concur with your review.

1 more thing I would add is that the brakes are inadequate for a 1.7ton car

• Praise 2