Harrier 2017

SKX

Thx all for useful comments.

Just happen to drive past a NX and a harrier side by side on the road.

NX supposed to be a rival for x3, glc, xc60, etc but as I drove past, somehow the harrier looks nicely sized but the NX looks “compact”.... X3, GLC, xc60 also looks nicely sized..

Even my Forester XT looks more imposing than the NX.... maybe it’s the colour.

↡ Advertisement

Harrier is a nice alternative unless that badge matters so much

Why don’t you check out the current deal ?

COE has dropped but their prices have not gone down as much?

Unless the 137k version has more kit..

I got my Harrier without considering other suv. I sat in a friend’s PI model. It so comfortable n road holding was great. Friend comment was not powerful enough. That was 2 yrs ago. Then BM cane with 2.0 turbo. Without hesitation I went to book 1 without even test driving. Luckily my SE is reliable n honest with much freebies. Got my drive with 1bid n best of all with my bid car no. too.

• Praise 1

I've always been a big fan of Toyota and Lexus, but NX reviews haven't been fantastic. Below is a review from one of my favourite sites. Do have a read to see if the criticisms are relevant in your considerations.

Harrier is excellent value vs the NX, all things considered. That said, if you have a budget in the high 100s to low 200s, my favourite in that price range is the Volvo Xc60. Can check out as well.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/593007/2018-lexus-nx-review/

I have to say Volvo have stepped up their game when it comes to car and car design.

In saying that, it'll be a cold day in hell when I actually put my money on one. I want a good car that works 99.5% of the time, not a good car that breaks down all the time.

• Praise 2

Harrier in my opinion must get the highest spec luxury version

Test drive before and was pleasantly shocked at the power

Mind you I was driving a W205 C class back then

But not impressed by the interior and the entertainment system

Volvo XC-40 or XC-60 very nice good reviews everywhere but some complain built quality made in PRC

For about 200k I would choose GLC over NX although not really Apple to Apple comparison

Or top up even more then a Range Rover evoque OR Land Rover Discovery Sport

• Praise 1

I have to say Volvo have stepped up their game when it comes to car and car design.

In saying that, it'll be a cold day in hell when I actually put my money on one. I want a good car that works 99.5% of the time, not a good car that breaks down all the time.

Reliability is a fair consideration. In that, Lexus is definitely better.

That said, most of the other luxury makes are not paragons of reliability. Jaguar and RR are probably the worst offenders, but BMW and Audis have a host of issues as well. I owned an A6 for a few years and was in and out of workshops. Only Mercedes has proven to be relatively reliable for our family over the years.

So fair point, but somewhat par for the course.

NX supposed to be a rival for x3, glc, xc60, etc but as I drove past, somehow the harrier looks nicely sized but the NX looks âcompactâ.... X3, GLC, xc60 also looks nicely sized..

Even my Forester XT looks more imposing than the NX.... maybe itâs the colour.

Also, XT is as powerful as NX and Harrier Turbo...

Reliability is a fair consideration. In that, Lexus is definitely better.

That said, most of the other luxury makes are not paragons of reliability. Jaguar and RR are probably the worst offenders, but BMW and Audis have a host of issues as well. I owned an A6 for a few years and was in and out of workshops. Only Mercedes has proven to be relatively reliable for our family over the years.

So fair point, but somewhat par for the course.

Yes so far my merc almost five years except for wear n tear no issues and already clocked 112,000km

Occasionally some sensors will sound alarm for no reason but one off type of events

• Praise 1

(edited)

NX supposed to be a rival for x3, glc, xc60, etc but as I drove past, somehow the harrier looks nicely sized but the NX looks “compact”.... X3, GLC, xc60 also looks nicely sized..

Even my Forester XT looks more imposing than the NX.... maybe it’s the colour.

X3? The interior of the NX is smaller than the X1.

Harrier is the better value for money.

Edited by andrewyewkc
  • Praise 3

New here, but useful stuff on this forum. After reading all the comments, and doing some research on the internet, thought process made up.

Budget up to Low 200k, but decide to scrap the idea of NX, seems like not worth the money compared to Harrier....

Harrier is an excellent buy at this price, but I think too similar to my existing XT. If I get the harrier I would probably be itching for a new ride in a couple of years....

Don’t think I will ever fork out big money for a Volvo.

So now off to conti forum, faceoff between X3 and GLC...

• Praise 3

New here, but useful stuff on this forum. After reading all the comments, and doing some research on the internet, thought process made up.

Budget up to Low 200k, but decide to scrap the idea of NX, seems like not worth the money compared to Harrier....

Harrier is an excellent buy at this price, but I think too similar to my existing XT. If I get the harrier I would probably be itching for a new ride in a couple of years....

Good luck! You can also consider the Audi Q5 and if you like something bigger, the Mazda CX-9.

• Praise 2

go for X3, you will be disappoint with GLC

• Praise 4

go for X3, you will be disappoint with GLC

Hi Datura,

X3 is dated looking .. at that level, 15k more for the X4 would be my choice.

Just flip pushing the BMW logo to open the tailgate is enuff satisfaction.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Donât think I will ever fork out big money for a Volvo.

Why do you say big money for Volvo? The XC60 should be below 200k or are you looking at the XC90. Also, I think the XC60 is made in China.

Forget about the GLC, it's just a jacked up C-Class and the built is quite poor.

For low 200k, you can also consider the F-Pace.

• Praise 1

X3? The interior of the NX is smaller than the X1.

Harrier is the better value for money.

Just rode in my friend's X1 today, I think it's actually smaller than the NX. You also have this hump at the rear while the NX is almost floor.

People buy Lexus for the service not specs, performance or badge. BMW or Merc has better specs, performance and a better known badge. I often get asked why I pay so much for a Jap car.

(edited)

Just rode in my friend's X1 today, I think it's actually smaller than the NX. You also have this hump at the rear while the NX is almost floor.

People buy Lexus for the service not specs, performance or badge. BMW or Merc has better specs, performance and a better known badge. I often get asked why I pay so much for a Jap car.

I have been in both. The wheelbase of the X1 is longer than the NX.

post-158018-0-29919700-1561461127_thumb.png

Edited by andrewyewkc

I have been in both. The wheelbase of the X1 is longer than the NX.

Just my perception, I did not compare the specs. The NX is my wife's car, I only drive that once in a while and I only sat in the X1 once - guess I am wrong.
  • Praise 1

Just my perception, I did not compare the specs. The NX is my wife's car, I only drive that once in a while and I only sat in the X1 once - guess I am wrong.

Unlike NX, X1 has AWD version
↡ Advertisement