Harrier 2017

SKX

Just rode in my friend's X1 today, I think it's actually smaller than the NX. You also have this hump at the rear while the NX is almost floor.

People buy Lexus for the service not specs, performance or badge. BMW or Merc has better specs, performance and a better known badge. I often get asked why I pay so much for a Jap car.

I bought my Lexus cos it's more comfortable, faster, has better specs, just as well built and not as common compared to the 318 and C180 which were priced similarly that time.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I bought my Lexus cos it's more comfortable, faster, has better specs, just as well built and not as common compared to the 318 and C180 which were priced similarly that time.

Which Lexus are you driving? If you comparing IS300 to it's equivalent 330 or C300, is it really faster? Agree on being more comfortable but what is the specs that Lexus is better then BMW and Merc? Being different is also one of the reasons why my wife chose the NX.

Just my perception, I did not compare the specs. The NX is my wife's car, I only drive that once in a while and I only sat in the X1 once - guess I am wrong.

It is also just my perception. Certain dimension of the NX would be bigger than the X1. I’m just saying the X1 is more comparable to the NX than the X3.

(edited)

Which Lexus are you driving? If you comparing IS300 to it's equivalent 330 or C300, is it really faster? Agree on being more comfortable but what is the specs that Lexus is better then BMW and Merc? Being different is also one of the reasons why my wife chose the NX.

Mine is the IS200t.

I was comparing based on price range, where for the same money I could only get 318 or C180 in 2016.

I hate to admit it.. although on paper my car is 7s, the bimmer actually felt faster in real world driving acceleration.

The lag in Toyota turbos is just horrigible

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 3

I have been in both. The wheelbase of the X1 is longer than the NX.

Sometimes its not about legroom but also footwell. With big central transmission tunnel, u cant “spread” out ur leg haha
  • Praise 1

Mine is the IS200t.

I was comparing based on price range, where for the same money I could only get 318 or C180 in 2016.

I hate to admit it.. although on paper my car is 7s, the bimmer actually felt faster in real world driving acceleration.

The lag in Toyota turbos is just horrigible ð¤£

And if you compare power, then it will be the 330/C250. Both are faster but also at least 40k more expensive.

And they don't have ventilated seats ð¤£

I shan't digress further hehe

Maybe I am in sales for too long and never believed in list pricing. When we bought the NX in 2017, the list pricing was $228k and l told them I am only willing to pay $198 - they accepted. BMW is the worst - overtrade of $40k for the X3 and C&C only drop the GLC price after I told them how much I can get from PI. I bought the NX becoz BM was the most transparent with price and no BS about minimum loan and period. The only complain is they wanted me to buy insurance from them.

Sometimes it's hard to compare apple to apple with all the hidden cost.

(edited)

Maybe I am in sales for too long and never believed in list pricing. When we bought the NX in 2017, the list pricing was $228k and l told them I am only willing to pay $198 - they accepted. BMW is the worst - overtrade of $40k for the X3 and C&C only drop the GLC price after I told them how much I can get from PI. I bought the NX becoz BM was the most transparent with price and no BS about minimum loan and period. The only complain is they wanted me to buy insurance from them.

Sometimes it's hard to compare apple to apple with all the hidden cost.

I bought mine at 170k. List that time was 196k.

very unlikely they will sell the C250 or 330 to me at 170k.

You're right in that BM is the most transparent.

I bought my own car insurance too

post-1798-0-02852300-1561472666_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

Did u factor in overtrade value?

I didn't do overtrade cos the car I traded in was fully paid.

I bought mine at clearance cos the FL cars were coming.

Plus the trade in price they offered me was 13k higher than MI and Wearnes.

So that sealed it for me.

Was tired of having to go workshop for repairs for the Volvo (and Alfas before it) so decided to screw Conti and go back to jap.

• Praise 1

I didn't do overtrade cos the car I traded in was fully paid.

I bought mine at clearance cos the FL cars were coming.

Plus the trade in price they offered me was 13k higher than MI and Wearnes.

So that sealed it for me.

Was tired of having to go workshop for repairs for the Volvo (and Alfas before it) so decided to screw Conti and go back to jap.

So on top of 170k u paid for the car, they even give u $13k higher trade in price???

(edited)

So on top of 170k u paid for the car, they even give u $13k higher trade in price???

Sorry it's 11k. Just checked my msgs.

MI quoted 52. Wearnes about the same.

BM gave 63k.

The car was listed for 73,800 and sold within 2 weeks.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I bought mine at 170k. List that time was 196k.

very unlikely they will sell the C250 or 330 to me at 170k.

You're right in that BM is the most transparent.

I bought my own car insurance too ð¤£

Edited.. list was 212k ð±

246E31D8-B887-43BF-B9FE-B80CBC759924.jpeg

You got a better bargain - I paid almost 2k for insurance with 50% NCD. The following year it dropped to 1.3k.

Of course, then there was only the PI Harrier. If the Harrier Turbo was launched then, I would have gotten that and missed out on the Lexus service altogether - https://praxent.com/blog/how-lexus-nails-customer-relationships.

It's been almost 3 years since I bought the NX and I am still getting birthday cards from my Lexus sales person.

Edited by Dna_engine
  • Praise 2

Sorry it's 11k. Just checked my msgs.

MI quoted 52. Wearnes about the same.

BM gave 63k.

The car was listed for 73,800 and sold within 2 weeks.

U really got a good deal bro. I think they list car 73k then sell it for 70k. Havent include repair and warranty, basically they earn nothing from ur old car :)

You got a better bargain - I paid almost 2k for insurance with 50% NCD. The following year it dropped to 1.3k.

Of course, then there was only the PI Harrier. If the Harrier Turbo was launched then, I would have gotten that and missed out on the Lexus service altogether - https://praxent.com/blog/how-lexus-nails-customer-relationships.

It's been almost 3 years since I bought the NX and I am still getting birthday cards from my Lexus sales person.

Agreed that Lexus service is
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone felt that the brakes sinks to the bottom after servicing? Even after bleeding is performed?

Need some advise here as i am feeling something is not correct for this behavior.

• Praise 1

Does anyone felt that the brakes sinks to the bottom after servicing? Even after bleeding is performed?

Need some advise here as i am feeling something is not correct for this behavior.

Bleeding perform by?
↡ Advertisement