Harrier 2017

SKX

Bleeding perform by?

Went to BM service centre, the engineer did a good job after performing brake line bleeding. But subsequently i am back to a way lower biting point after 1 plus week.

They have checked my brake line for leakage and also if the brake pad has worn out. Thus i am at a lost on if it is a normal behaviour.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, Can I ask something about the dynamic radar cruise control, Does it work at low speeds with start stop traffic? Let's say in a traffic jam? Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

Hi, Can I ask something about the dynamic radar cruise control, Does it work at low speeds with start stop traffic? Let's say in a traffic jam? Thanks in advance!

It does not work at low speed. Not a full range dynamic cruise control. It should be cutting off at a certain speed with warning.
  • Praise 1

I recently bought the Harrier T, waiting to collect the car. 

After reading this thread and the previous locked thread, I am starting to worry. LOL!

1. Handling - Can turtle at low speed?
  2. FC - 7.6km/l? Far worst than my current. Thought can save fuel on a 2.0L
  3. Aircon not strong? Bought a Toyota for that reason. 

Btw, I am not new here, had to create new account as I cannot remember my password and the email I used for registration more than 17 years ago.  😛 

Edited by shawnigami
  • Praise 1

Been driving a Harrier for 3 months now.

1) Turn turtle at low speed... dont know, never tried and hope never to be in that position...LOLZ.  I guess its high COG (Center of Gravity), so its possible.

2) FC, I am getting between 10 to 11km/L on Standard Mode, depending on route (highway, city mix).  On Sports mode, it goes lower 9+ km/L but the surge is shiok .. lol

3) Aircon, quite strong for me.  Definitely stronger than my previous car (5 series).

BTW, I heard there is a promo for Harrier right now at 132K.  Anyone can verify ? Heart pain.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, penguinn said:

1) Turn turtle at low speed... dont know, never tried and hope never to be in that position...LOLZ.  I guess its high COG (Center of Gravity), so its possible.

2) FC, I am getting between 10 to 11km/L on Standard Mode, depending on route (highway, city mix).  On Sports mode, it goes lower 9+ km/L but the surge is shiok .. lol

3) Aircon, quite strong for me.  Definitely stronger than my previous car (5 series).

BTW, I heard there is a promo for Harrier right now at 132K.  Anyone can verify ? Heart pain.

New model coming ?

1 hour ago, penguinn said:

Ahh... 5 Series. I am changing from BMW also, M135i. The aircon to rear not cold, as per wife and kid. 

132k is probably the Elegance. I just bought the Premium at 142k.

Next monday collect car, see how. During test drive can't do much, Ubi area so many lights and TP. Perfomance definitely no fight to current, just hope that it is adequate. 

1 hour ago, shawnigami said:

Ahh... 5 Series. I am changing from BMW also, M135i. The aircon to rear not cold, as per wife and kid. 

132k is probably the Elegance. I just bought the Premium at 142k.

Next monday collect car, see how. During test drive can't do much, Ubi area so many lights and TP. Perfomance definitely no fight to current, just hope that it is adequate. 

Space/storage no fight also.

Neutral Newbie

HI all Brothers need some advise . I just bought a 2019 Harrier.

I need to know is there workshop i can change the front grill ? 

I wanted to change to this front grill. Can anyone advise me where to change and can i change it .

Thanks  

thumbnail_image1.jpg

On 9/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, shawnigami said:

Main reason why i change car. LOL

Yeah, me too.. LOLZ.  Need more space to haul kids stuff...

BTW, can you guys verify the petrol tank size ?  The spec said 60L but for the life of me I could get 60L in !!  At half tank I only managed to pump around 24 litres.  At 3/4 tank mark, I got only 37 litres in.  Based on my calculation the tank is more like 50L.  If this is true, are we getting a smaller tank than spec ?

20 hours ago, penguinn said:

Yeah, me too.. LOLZ.  Need more space to haul kids stuff...

BTW, can you guys verify the petrol tank size ?  The spec said 60L but for the life of me I could get 60L in !!  At half tank I only managed to pump around 24 litres.  At 3/4 tank mark, I got only 37 litres in.  Based on my calculation the tank is more like 50L.  If this is true, are we getting a smaller tank than spec ?

Hmm.... Doesnt really bother me, so I am not sure. I focus more on power and space. Doubt I will see 227bhp and 350nm torque if I put it on a dyno. Also doubt I get the cubic space as they advertise. 😁

As long as it feels alright, don't dig too deep in and disappoint yourself over it. the lesser the petrol, the lighter the car, the faster it gets. hahaha.... What bothers me now is the fuel consumption, paper says about 13km/L, I expect 11km/L, but am only achieving 7.4km/L in normal mode running in. No high rev even. 😡

15 hours ago, shawnigami said:

Hmm.... Doesnt really bother me, so I am not sure. I focus more on power and space. Doubt I will see 227bhp and 350nm torque if I put it on a dyno. Also doubt I get the cubic space as they advertise. 😁

As long as it feels alright, don't dig too deep in and disappoint yourself over it. the lesser the petrol, the lighter the car, the faster it gets. hahaha.... What bothers me now is the fuel consumption, paper says about 13km/L, I expect 11km/L, but am only achieving 7.4km/L in normal mode running in. No high rev even. 😡

If you are getting only 7.4km/L there must be something wrong with your car as the Harrier comes with a fuel-saving Atkinson Cycle and the turbo also give you small engine efficiency during low rpm. I think most Harrier owners are getting more mileage than you.

15 hours ago, shawnigami said:

Smaller tank means more trips to the petrol station.  Also if you travel long distance over the causeway (e.g. to KL), have to stop more frequently for top ups.  

7.4km/L is what I got on my 5ver.. lol but the difference is the 5ver comes with 70L tank, so I am getting about 500KM for a full tank.  On a 50L tank, thats only 350KM+ for a full tank.  So more trips to the petrol station which sucks for me as I need to detour way out to get to the nearest one.   

Coming to the 7.4km/L, the only time I get this range is when I run on Sports mode and drive heavy on the accelerator.  Can hear the engine louder and rougher in Sports mode.  But acceleration is shiok especially when the RPM hits 3000 and above.  Under Normal Mode, I am getting between 10 to 11 KM/L in a mix of Expressway and city driving.  If its start stop city driving all the way I can see it drops to ~9KM/L but never in the 7 range.

Try to go light on the throttle and keep the RPM below 2K.  Cruise around 1.5K.  Turbo kicks in at 1650 RPM.  Thats where your fuel consumption starts getting higher.

**Update**

The consumption is improving now, getting high 10km/L average in first tank of petrol. Sometimes I do see 14km/L(single trip). Hopefully it will get even better after engine run in and body run in. LOL!

Drove my first tank until left 34km range with 10km/L avg. Only manage to pump in 47L of petrol. So I guess penguinn is right about it being a 50L tank. But I know that even if range is 0km, there is still enough petrol to run(tried before), but doubt there is still 10L inside. Maybe 55L?

Has anyone removed the head unit? Is there a USB at the back of the unit? RCA outs?

Edited by shawnigami

On 9/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, shawnigami said:

**Update**

The consumption is improving now, getting high 10km/L average in first tank of petrol. Sometimes I do see 14km/L(single trip). Hopefully it will get even better after engine run in and body run in. LOL!

Drove my first tank until left 34km range with 10km/L avg. Only manage to pump in 47L of petrol. So I guess penguinn is right about it being a 50L tank. But I know that even if range is 0km, there is still enough petrol to run(tried before), but doubt there is still 10L inside. Maybe 55L?

Has anyone removed the head unit? Is there a USB at the back of the unit? RCA outs?

Can everyone go to Borneo and ask them to explain why the spec says 60L tank and we are only getting 50L ?  Maybe we can get them to return us some compensation or make good their blunder if we are loud enough.  In the US, I am pretty sure a class action lawsuit will follow.😈

38 minutes ago, penguinn said:

Can everyone go to Borneo and ask them to explain why the spec says 60L tank and we are only getting 50L ?  Maybe we can get them to return us some compensation or make good their blunder if we are loud enough.  In the US, I am pretty sure a class action lawsuit will follow.😈

If you complain hard enough, they sure to compensate you. Maybe they will give you 2 units of this 5L petrol can.

ghgjhkkjj.JPG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3