Harrier 2017

SKX

7 hours ago, Hobbes187 said:

Like what GTO mentioned, it is playing around with the margin. They are able to sell the car at 128k but mark it up to 141k then give a "over trade" discount to push it back down.

Not sure if it helps one to get more loan this way cos I took minimal amount.

Exactly. Over trade serves two purposes.

one to mark up higher so that one can take more loans. 
the other reason is to hold the list price more or less fixed so that they have the flexibility of adjusting prices when needed. This is largely not to piss off earlier buyers who bought at a higher price. This is practiced very much by c&c. Also everyone always likes to feel that they got a deal. So discounts here and there and some subject to a little more negotiation makes some feel good that they have gotten a good deal from list. As with everything that is up for sale, the sales always try to get as much money as the market will bear. 

• Praise 1

On 12/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi yip,

300km/tank cannot be normal for seeming many tanks after a period of ownership and not consistent and exceptional idling.

It is 60l tank and even my worse case of "bad FC" awd forester xt on default 100% sport mode and no stop/start with 55l tank does 350km on a bad week of full city driving and about 400km typically.

Cheers.

Richard

The Tank size is less than 50Litres even though the spec said 60Litres !!! I have tried to pump as much as possible into the tank and the best I have achieved is 48+Litres with 10km to go.  Have complained that to BM staff but they could only show me the manual and thats it.  Nobody is able to tell me why I am only able to get 48Litres of petrol into the tank that is supposedly 60Litres in size.

Some forumers have tried and managed to get similar to my amount.

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, penguinn said:

The Tank size is less than 50Litres even though the spec said 60Litres !!! I have tried to pump as much as possible into the tank and the best I have achieved is 48+Litres with 10km to go.  Have complained that to BM staff but they could only show me the manual and thats it.  Nobody is able to tell me why I am only able to get 48Litres of petrol into the tank that is supposedly 60Litres in size.

Some forumers have tried and managed to get similar to my amount.

got drive until empty/siphon out all fuel remaining in tank (may be difficult if bottom of tank is not flat)?

got fill until overflow? 😅

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:57 PM, Eyke said:

got drive until empty/siphon out all fuel remaining in tank (may be difficult if bottom of tank is not flat)?

got fill until overflow? 😅

Well, owner of the car should not have to go through such extent to prove this.  It should be BM providing proper explanation of whats going on.  I had 2 previous cars and I can easily fill up the car up to the spec volume of the tank.  BM staff only responded by showing me the manual that says "Yes, confirm 60L"🙄.  Dont think can get anything proper response from BM.  Haizzzz.....  

I get 14.6 km/l on average, at the pump.

However, when I send my kids to school in the morning (85% highway), I get 19 km/l. Caveat : I consider myself light-footed.

Edited by Flying_genie

27 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

I get 14.6 km/l on average, at the pump.

However, when I send my kids to school in the morning (85% highway), I get 19 km/l. Caveat : I consider myself light-footed.

27 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Depend on route, i get ard 11-12

thanks, im travelling 50:50 city/highway. getting around 11.5 on my current ride xv

• Praise 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:38 PM, penguinn said:

Well, owner of the car should not have to go through such extent to prove this.  It should be BM providing proper explanation of whats going on.  I had 2 previous cars and I can easily fill up the car up to the spec volume of the tank.  BM staff only responded by showing me the manual that says "Yes, confirm 60L"🙄.  Dont think can get anything proper response from BM.  Haizzzz.....  

How does it affect the car function in anyway whether its 50l or 60l? 

On 3/11/2020 at 2:02 PM, ferrytales said:

How does it affect the car function in anyway whether its 50l or 60l? 

It doesnt but that is beside the point.  The point is, for me personally:

1) I want to get what I paid for.  It is spec'ed at 60L why I am shortchanged at 47+L ?  Strangely most Harrier owner dont even noticed this.

2) I spent more trips to the Petrol station.  Its a waste of time and clocking additional mileage as I dont have petrol station near my neighbourhood.

3) I drive long distance to KL for work sometimes and I cant get there in 3/4 full tank.  Have to make stopover along the highway to fill up.  Never had a problem with my other previous cars.

1 minute ago, penguinn said:

1) I want to get what I paid for.  It is spec'ed at 60L why I am shortchanged at 47+L ?  Strangely most Harrier owner dont even noticed this.

2) I spent more trips to the Petrol station.  Its a waste of time and clocking additional mileage as I dont have petrol station near my neighbourhood.

3) I drive long distance to KL for work sometimes and I cant get there in 3/4 full tank.  Have to make stopover along the highway to fill up.  Never had a problem with my other previous cars.

Change car mate and buy a hybrid, you won't even need to top up petrol after maybe 800km. Brings you all the way to KL and back. 

15 minutes ago, penguinn said:

Go buy conti

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, penguinn said:

https://toyota.jp/pages/contents/harrier/003_p_007/pdf/spec/harrier_spec_201903.pdf

It also say 60L.

I can drive full tank to KL with Mini.

Harrier cannot😱