Harrier 2017

SKX

16 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Harrier last time almost red, i pump gross $80 ald full le. I bet ur mini can take more than $100

RON98 close to $110.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, penguinn said:

The Tank size is less than 50Litres even though the spec said 60Litres !!! I have tried to pump as much as possible into the tank and the best I have achieved is 48+Litres with 10km to go.  Have complained that to BM staff but they could only show me the manual and thats it.  Nobody is able to tell me why I am only able to get 48Litres of petrol into the tank that is supposedly 60Litres in size.

Some forumers have tried and managed to get similar to my amount.

Hi Penguinn,

Dun sweat on it .. forester xt is also spec at 60L and I had travelled from empty indicator for another 30km or about 4L at typical 8km/l fc and filling up is also maxed out at 51/52L .. the remaining 4-5L is probably left at bottom of the tank and along the entire fuel line running from tank to front engine injectors as well as remaining distance that can be travelled.

Your Harrier turbo may just have more petrol at bottom of the tank, along fuel line as well as you not having driving 30km at empty indicator.

I do not recommend running empty until your harrier turbo stalls but you will certainly be nearer to 60L if you do that and not your mentioned 48L.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

On 3/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, penguinn said:

It doesnt but that is beside the point.  The point is, for me personally:

1) I want to get what I paid for.  It is spec'ed at 60L why I am shortchanged at 47+L ?  Strangely most Harrier owner dont even noticed this.

2) I spent more trips to the Petrol station.  Its a waste of time and clocking additional mileage as I dont have petrol station near my neighbourhood.

3) I drive long distance to KL for work sometimes and I cant get there in 3/4 full tank.  Have to make stopover along the highway to fill up.  Never had a problem with my other previous cars.

Hi Penguinn,

Singapore to KL is less then 400km (360km at their outskirts aka nearest boundaries) and unless you redline all the way for worse FC as well as idling at causeway jam for hours, expected 10km/l with even 50L would not need you to top up 3/4 of the way or <300km.

If indeed you are doing so at <300km, you are not doing the expected 10km/l even for highway driving which my forester xt can ... something is then wrong with your harrier turbo on its FC which you should investigate instead of your seeming key topic if indeed 60L tank as spec.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: my forester xt reaches KL on one tank even with some spirited driving .. no problem

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Penguinn,

Dun sweat on it .. forester xt is also spec at 60L and I had travelled from empty indicator for another 30km or about 4L at typical 8km/l fc and filling up is also maxed out at 51/52L .. the remaining 4-5L is probably left at bottom of the tank and along the entire fuel line running from tank to front engine injectors as well as remaining distance that can be travelled.

Your Harrier turbo may just have more petrol at bottom of the tank, along fuel line as well as you not having driving 30km at empty indicator.

I do not recommend running empty until your harrier turbo stalls but you will certainly be nearer to 60L if you do that and not your mentioned 48L.

Cheers.

Richard

the 47+L that I managed to pump in is after the Empty indicator came out and the Range ran down to 10KM.  When the Empty Indicator came on, the range stated was about 50KM.  So I ran about 40KM more.  I am not going to tempt fate to run it all the way down to 0 as air bubbles may get into the fuel line and mess up the engine.  This is for Toyota to prove to the customer rather than the other way around.  

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Penguinn,

Singapore to KL is less then 400km (360km at their outskirts aka nearest boundaries) and unless you redline all the way for worse FC as well as idling at causeway jam for hours, expected 10km/l with even 50L would not need you to top up 3/4 of the way or <300km.

If indeed you are doing so at <300km, you are not doing the expected 10km/l even for highway driving which my forester xt can ... something is then wrong with your harrier turbo on its FC which you should investigate instead of your seeming key topic if indeed 60L tank as spec.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: my forester xt reaches KL on one tank even with some spirited driving .. no problem

I did mentioned I left Spore on 3/4 tank and it didnt reach KL.  3/4 * 47 = 35.25L.  So at 11KM/L, I will get 387.75KM assuming I ran all the way down to 10KM Range and that is before taking into account traffic jams and such.  So, yeah I had to refuel before I exit to KL.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:39 AM, ferrytales said:

Change car mate and buy a hybrid, you won't even need to top up petrol after maybe 800km. Brings you all the way to KL and back. 

Again that is beside the point.  See Point 1) I want to get what I paid for. 

On 3/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Go buy conti

I came from a conti with 70L tank !  I think coming from a car with plenty of fuel to a car with a small tank gave me range anxiety especially when driving long distance... LOLZ

1 hour ago, penguinn said:

I came from a conti with 70L tank !  I think coming from a car with plenty of fuel to a car with a small tank gave me range anxiety especially when driving long distance... LOLZ

Don’t worry many petrol station along nshw when hit quarter can pump ald

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Don’t worry many petrol station along nshw when hit quarter can pump ald

Not many from Johor to Malacca

Neutral Newbie

Hi Toyota Harrier Owners,

Got a question regarding the remote control for Toyota Harrier.

It does not have the red Panic Button that comes with most Toyota cars.

Anyway to activate it?  (eg.: can't remember parking lot and no.)

Age catching up... 😞

Thanks

On 3/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, penguinn said:

It doesnt but that is beside the point.  The point is, for me personally:

1) I want to get what I paid for.  It is spec'ed at 60L why I am shortchanged at 47+L ?  Strangely most Harrier owner dont even noticed this.

2) I spent more trips to the Petrol station.  Its a waste of time and clocking additional mileage as I dont have petrol station near my neighbourhood.

3) I drive long distance to KL for work sometimes and I cant get there in 3/4 full tank.  Have to make stopover along the highway to fill up.  Never had a problem with my other previous cars.

Reserve tank.

All cars when low fuel lighted, still can travel for xxKm. Most if not all cars r like that, thus u r unable to pump 60l la. 

Dear harrier owners, kindly see attach photo....One of the best range achieved.

For spirited driving or non highway, range can be as low as 580km., but usually at least 600km (average FC between 11-14km/L). If many short trips only, can be as low as 9km/L.

Going to KL no issues with full tank  but usually we still top up along the way as i crossed over  from SG with 3/4 tank.

Note: mine is Borneo motors August 2017 premium (with memory and ventilation seat)...one of the early batches,  maintain stock 18inch wheels (inflated at 250kpa or 36 psi, 235/55R18 Pirelli P zero). Also installed 2 thule roof bicycle  carriers after few mths of ownership (in 2017 till now) which possibly increased FC a bit...hence I'm sure other harrier turbo owners may have better FC than mine.

20200502_233742.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

Appreciate if Harrier Turbo owners could share what is the servicing interval for this Turbo engine? TIA 🙏

On 5/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Amnesty said:

Dear all,

Appreciate if Harrier Turbo owners could share what is the servicing interval for this Turbo engine? TIA 🙏

Its every 10K or 6 mths (which one earlier)...and  so far ts still fully FOC (except additional  like tyre rotation, aircon filter) at Borneo motors, mine due for servicing soon after CB period.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Aircon filter can just buy outside and DIY. $9 for normal and  $12 for charcoal nia. Difficulty level 1/10.

Buy from Borneo Motors super overpriced. Is it $80? My friend told me before but I forgot.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1