Harrier 2017

SKX

Neutral Newbie
On 5/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, alphard96 said:

Its every 10K or 6 mths (which one earlier)...and  so far ts still fully FOC (except additional  like tyre rotation, aircon filter) at Borneo motors, mine due for servicing soon after CB period.

Thank you! Which means the Turbo model has the same servicing interval as the NA model?  I had the impression that Turbo cars needs more frequent service (ie EO change), which relates to higher maintenance costs in the long run.

Wonder if there’s a auto system prompt on service due or we have to manually see & take note? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, no obvious difference in maintenance and cost. In fact, the turbo 2L is as powerful (in terms of acceleration) as my previous 3.5L V6 vellfire but with at least half the petrol cost!

And yes, the onboard computer starts prompting each time we start the engine, counting from 1000km due (ie once 9000km travel from previous  servicing maintenance).

Borneo motors service customer will call you personally too facilitating booking of appointment.

20200603_002805.jpg

Neutral Newbie
12 hours ago, alphard96 said:

Yes, no obvious difference in maintenance and cost. In fact, the turbo 2L is as powerful (in terms of acceleration) as my previous 3.5L V6 vellfire but with at least half the petrol cost!

And yes, the onboard computer starts prompting each time we start the engine, counting from 1000km due (ie once 9000km travel from previous  servicing maintenance).

Borneo motors service customer will call you personally too facilitating booking of appointment.

20200603_002805.jpg

Cool! Thks bro for sharing👍🏻
Putting the Turbo 2L into consideration for a change of ride.  

14 minutes ago, Amnesty said:

Any idea what's the price for Turbo 2L Harrier ?

28 minutes ago, Amnesty said:

Mulling at the norm one or with turbo. 

Heard norm is under powered. And turbo is not as fuel efficient.

Any views from bros here. TIA!

5 hours ago, Track said:

I use to own the harrier NA and now driving the turbo. 

My previous NA give ma a average of 12 to 13km/litre. With 60% highway and 40% city driving. For turbo, it range between 9.5 to 10.5km/litre. However, the power is definitely worth it.

More response with the 6At from turbo as compared to the CVT in my previous ride. 

• Praise 2

51 minutes ago, Kinco135 said:

I use to own the harrier NA and now driving the turbo. 

My previous NA give ma a average of 12 to 13km/litre. With 60% highway and 40% city driving. For turbo, it range between 9.5 to 10.5km/litre. However, the power is definitely worth it.

More response with the 6At from turbo as compared to the CVT in my previous ride. 

Thanks Kinco135.

Would maintenance cost be higher for Turbo in the long run? I read somewhere Turbo engine needs more maintenance. 

I am not heavy footed. But need the vroom from time to time when overtaking. Guess need to test drive the NA to determine power. 

(edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 2:11 PM, Track said:

Hi Track,

Turbo from Borneo Motors highly recommended.

Norm is underpowered = noisy when pushed = not as safe = less comfortable.

PI service = no service = questionable warranty 

It is a TOTALLY different car when comes to driving it.

Norm = floaty = Jap speedometer

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Track,

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard for the advice. Will try it.

• Praise 1

On 6/3/2020 at 2:11 PM, Track said:

Turbo (2-litre 227bhp/350Nm) definitely worth it.  There are 3 modes that you can select.  If you need to save petrol you can try the Eco mode.  Response and acceleration slower but save the most petrol.  Managed to hit 12+km/L.  Normal mode is good for me and that is my default.  Am getting 10 to 11km/L.  Sports mode is the most aggressive.  Feels like the car gonna tear the road..LOL.  I am getting like 8 to 9km/L.  

NA Harrier (2-litre 149bhp/193Nm) is definitely underpowered and on top of that you get the not so reliable CVT transmission.  Heard from mechanics, alot of problem after 5 years.  Harrier Turbo uses the proven 6AT transmission used in Lexus.

Definitely go for Harrier Turbo.  No regrets (except for the fuel tank capacity.. sigh)

• Praise 3

On 6/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, penguinn said:

Turbo (2-litre 227bhp/350Nm) definitely worth it.  There are 3 modes that you can select.  If you need to save petrol you can try the Eco mode.  Response and acceleration slower but save the most petrol.  Managed to hit 12+km/L.  Normal mode is good for me and that is my default.  Am getting 10 to 11km/L.  Sports mode is the most aggressive.  Feels like the car gonna tear the road..LOL.  I am getting like 8 to 9km/L.  

NA Harrier (2-litre 149bhp/193Nm) is definitely underpowered and on top of that you get the not so reliable CVT transmission.  Heard from mechanics, alot of problem after 5 years.  Harrier Turbo uses the proven 6AT transmission used in Lexus.

Definitely go for Harrier Turbo.  No regrets (except for the fuel tank capacity.. sigh)

Agree, one major consideration would be the reliability of the CVT. The previous CVTs were unreliable. Toyota has made some changes but I am not sure of the effectiveness. I would definitely feel more secure with a 6AT from Lexus.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, penguinn said:

Actually your are right, Harrier never requires more than 50L to top up full......seems "small"compare to alphard 75L and w221 S class 90L...where their 3/4 tank can still top up siginificant Litres in JB.....syiok. 

However understand newer Japanese cars trend now seems to have similar smaller 40-50L tank capacity i think. Even motorbikes downsizing........latest  2018 Honda goldwing only has 21L, compared to 25L for previous  older generation.....and 2002 ST1300 has 29L capacity.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:39 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Track,

Cheers.

Richard

Wonder how is the drive feel difference between Harrier Turbo  and Forester Turbo ? (Both are turbo with 4 wheel drive)

Is Forester CVT same with Harrier NA CVT feel ?

13 hours ago, WML888 said:

Wonder how is the drive feel difference between Harrier Turbo  and Forester Turbo ? (Both are turbo with 4 wheel drive)

Hi WML 

They are very different cars despite about same 350Nm torque amd 240bhp .. I booked the Harrier Turbo, test drove the forest XT and was impressed, test drove the Harrier Turbo when available once, twice and thrice before taking back my deposit from Borneo Motors and paid Motor image by in July 2017.

Harrier Turbo:

- then 35k more

- lack pick up and noisy when pushed .. sport modes on dash and no shift paddler

- nice comfy interior and exterior

- cushy executive ride

Forester xt:

- Cheapest 350nm and 240bhp on tap

- Driver' car with AWD .. shift paddler with Std, Sports and Sport # on steering

- Barey acceptable old sschool interior amd no rear aircon 😞

- All struggled with ride comfort especially rear passengers

Question is then what do you want ?

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 2

On 6/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, alphard96 said:

Actually your are right, Harrier never requires more than 50L to top up full......seems "small"compare to alphard 75L and w221 S class 90L...where their 3/4 tank can still top up siginificant Litres in JB.....syiok. 

However understand newer Japanese cars trend now seems to have similar smaller 40-50L tank capacity i think. Even motorbikes downsizing........latest  2018 Honda goldwing only has 21L, compared to 25L for previous  older generation.....and 2002 ST1300 has 29L capacity.

The spec says 60L and the sales person selling it as 60L.  If its smaller tank, they should reflect that in their manual.  Even the staff at Borneo was taken aback when I told them the tank is smaller.  They insist its 60L according to the spec.  Whether they are genuinely clueless or acting clueless, I cant comment.  They have a few demo cars and dont tell me they dont realise that when they top up the petrol.  Kind of felt cheated 😕, but its a good car nonetheless

• Praise 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, WML888 said:

The new Forresters are non-Turbos.  Subaru has stopped producing Turbo Forrester XT.

35 minutes ago, penguinn said:

The new Forresters are non-Turbos.  Subaru has stopped producing Turbo Forrester XT.

Any reason why stopped producing turbo Foresters? Thot Turbo is the trend ...

5 hours ago, Track said:

Any reason why stopped producing turbo Foresters? Thot Turbo is the trend ...

Low demand worldwide apparently

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1