Harrier 2017

SKX

21 hours ago, SGCMlemontea said:

Hi all,

I'm thinking to get a preloved Harrier, a turbo model to be exact. Wondering: What is the difference between G and M turbo? Can someone advise please? Also, which is better AD or PI? Also, which workshops are good for Harrier turbo please? Thank you! 🙏

G grade is the  higher trim with sunroof. I think borneo now selling only the M grade. I know someone who booked 2 weeks ago at 141k. 

Brand new from AD you get 5 yrs warranty from Borneo vs PI warranty from their own workshop. See if that is important to you.

Also I'm not too sure if you have many choices for used PI turbo as most shd be NA. Most of the turbo are from AD and if buying used, need to check if warranty is transferable if not it will be no different from buying PI version.

Another key difference between pi and AD models is the menus and messages in the car are all English for AD instead of jap for PI

Edited by Hobbes187
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

23 hours ago, SGCMlemontea said:

Hi all,

I'm thinking to get a preloved Harrier, a turbo model to be exact. Wondering: What is the difference between G and M turbo? Can someone advise please? Also, which is better AD or PI? Also, which workshops are good for Harrier turbo please? Thank you! 🙏

PI mostly pre facelift

borneo one facelift and turbo but borneo more expensive as compared to pi for same year. 

On 10/31/2020 at 8:46 AM, Hobbes187 said:

G grade is the  higher trim with sunroof. I think borneo now selling only the M grade. I know someone who booked 2 weeks ago at 141k. 

Brand new from AD you get 5 yrs warranty from Borneo vs PI warranty from their own workshop. See if that is important to you.

Also I'm not too sure if you have many choices for used PI turbo as most shd be NA. Most of the turbo are from AD and if buying used, need to check if warranty is transferable if not it will be no different from buying PI version.

Another key difference between pi and AD models is the menus and messages in the car are all English for AD instead of jap for PI

OIC. Thanks for the kind explanation. 141k for brand new seems quite okay. Price is lower due to the latest version of Harrier out correct? But only PI bringing in for now right?

Anyway, warranty is important, so AD preferred. I am also learning about a lot of the issues faced especially the infamous torque converter issue. This issue does not affect the turbo version correct?

Actually I thought that warranty is transferrable, didn't know its not. Thanks for this valuable advice!

On 10/31/2020 at 11:11 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

PI mostly pre facelift

borneo one facelift and turbo but borneo more expensive as compared to pi for same year. 

Noted with thanks! 🙏

12 hours ago, SGCMlemontea said:

OIC. Thanks for the kind explanation. 141k for brand new seems quite okay. Price is lower due to the latest version of Harrier out correct? But only PI bringing in for now right?

Anyway, warranty is important, so AD preferred. I am also learning about a lot of the issues faced especially the infamous torque converter issue. This issue does not affect the turbo version correct?

Actually I thought that warranty is transferrable, didn't know its not. Thanks for this valuable advice!

The new Harrier is avail from PI but no turbo versions anymore. For a 1.7 ton car, the turbo definitely helps. Also PI prices indicates new model 2.5 hybrid can be 165k+... hard to imagine BM will sell the new model at a lower price than PI. So really need to see if u are willing to pay another 20k for a newer model.

The gearbox is different - turbo uses 6 speed auto transmission instead of the CVT used in the NA. So far haven't heard any issues with the 6 speed gearbox. I believe the turbo engine and gearbox combo is the same one used in Lexus nx300.

I was trying to tell you that need to check if  warranty is transferable. Likely able to do so but good to confirm.

Anyone could give me some advice?

Considering G grade 2nd hand 3+yrs old seems avg 13+k Depre 110k+- 

Comparing with new Avante CN7 (Elite) seems 9+k dep 97k.

My main concerns / thoughts are that

1. Harrier Consumption (and the rising petrol price isnt helping at all)

2. harrier price . Seems very expensive and not worth compared to what it was for new !!

4. Avante reliability questionable (for gearbox IVT) harrier long term sounds more reliable w the 6psd AT

5. Avante maybe underpowered? Surely 350nm in harrier will be better than 150nm in Avante

All in all, although i feel avante reliability is questionable but seems wallet friendly on everything vs harrier. 

Harrier feels like a guilty pleasure that i dont deserve hahahahaha have only sat before in the NA version but it surely is quite comfy...... But then again i see peeps here claiming 14km/L???

What do you bros think? 

Let me know your thoughts...

5 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Anyone could give me some advice?

Considering G grade 2nd hand 3+yrs old seems avg 13+k Depre 110k+- 

Comparing with new Avante CN7 (Elite) seems 9+k dep 97k.

My main concerns / thoughts are that

1. Harrier Consumption (and the rising petrol price isnt helping at all)

2. harrier price . Seems very expensive and not worth compared to what it was for new !!

4. Avante reliability questionable (for gearbox IVT) harrier long term sounds more reliable w the 6psd AT

5. Avante maybe underpowered? Surely 350nm in harrier will be better than 150nm in Avante

All in all, although i feel avante reliability is questionable but seems wallet friendly on everything vs harrier. 

Harrier feels like a guilty pleasure that i dont deserve hahahahaha have only sat before in the NA version but it surely is quite comfy...... But then again i see peeps here claiming 14km/L???

What do you bros think? 

Let me know your thoughts...

My son had the avante and we used to own 2017 harrier turbo

If Avante - yes get the elite, we bought it at relatively good price of 81k only at that time.

- brighter LED headlights (4 of them), reverse tilt side mirrors, memory seat, aircon seat, biind spot side mirrors.

- cruise control is fix,  not intelligent or radar cruise compared with the harrier.

- FC with lots of highway averages 14 to 18km/L, had managed 20km/L (from Airport to Jalan Bahar). Yes slightly  underpowered for Eco/normal mode but with Sport mode acceptable. Have driven it to Ipoh, stable at high speed cruising.

- pretty reliable past 2 yrs, nil issues

- boot space is large enough, frankly slightly larger than our old C class W205

- yes most value for money with minimal depreciation

- stock tyres not so grippy, may worth to consider replacing it earlier.

(we have own Hyundai trajet and old avante before - dont worry abt Korean reliability)

For used Harrier - get the BM Turbo, with nice sequential front signal lights and adaptive high beam

- beware that there are 2 G grade, the higher G grade has memory and ventilation seat 

- the first few batches power tailgate have no kick sensor, get the later batches if possible

- the adaptive high beam is one of the best, very bright at NS highway, can see it dancing/flipping when you leave it to Auto/adaptive mode, depending on traffic

- sad to say but do have some irritating intermittent issues with sonar sensors error, stock head unit GPS haywire (eventually replaced with pioneer), front bonnet emblem crack (replaced FOC), interior clock fade/off replace FOC tood, sold it away just before 3 yrs.

- FC wise quite good, averages 13-14km per L generally. Full tank range around 600km

- comfy wise felt a bit jumpy at times/jittery ride. Power more than enough for quick acceleration/traffic lights.

- do note that the memory seat is strangely only for driver seat only, not link to the sidemirrors...(so have to adjust manually)

Between the 2, up to you what you need or like. If base on expenditure, avante elite is a wise buy.  

• Praise 3

Hi Jon,

Totally different class of cars.

SUV and 350Nm .. Harrier Turbom

Lower expediture and hence a lesser ride .. Avante

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
On 7/3/2017 at 10:13 PM, Carhorn said:
Edited by shallow
Accidentally posted.pls delete

Hi bros,

Just joined the club with a 2020 2.0a turbo..

Wish to ask for 60k servicing, is there any recommended workshop and what is the cost of AD Vs outside workshop?

On 1/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, detached2007 said:

Hi bros,

Just joined the club with a 2020 2.0a turbo..

Wish to ask for 60k servicing, is there any recommended workshop and what is the cost of AD Vs outside workshop?

u can call borneo and ask correct? rather than asking here. i believe AD offers package servicing. Call Borneo to find out more.

• Dislike 3

@oleoleote what i said is true. dont just give dislike. although MCF is sharing. but certain things makes common sense. If you cannot accept what others say, please dont comment.

↡ Advertisement