Harrier 2017

SKX

You're right. The Harrier Turbo HU is really bad...shockingly muffled sound. It is an even bigger letdown when the rest of the car is quite well specced. 

Fortunately it's something that can be fixed

Actually the Bose system on CX-5 is pretty good, better implementation than Bose on Porsche. Of course isn't as good as my previous RAV4 which had a $15K set-up with Scanspeak speakers/subwoofer and Pioneer P-90.

But it's truly disappointing about Harrier HU and sound system, the JBL system in Harrier Japan may just keep most people satisfied.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

bad like walkman radio bad

The GPS in the HU is also terrible.. always holland in its own world.

But aside from these, everything else is awesome!

How's the FC?
  • Praise 1

How's the FC?

Yet to take delivery of Harrier but based on my experiences with RAV4 and CX5, Japanese car manufacturers massively overstated their FC numbers. But in Singapore, FC should be of the least concern, depreciation is the biggest cost factor.

Edited by AFWE69

I hear folks driving the Harrier Turbo saying they get almost 10km/L if 50/50 City and Highway and 11km/L if more highway.

I think the stated 13km/L is rubbish (7.6L/100km).
But it is useful for comparison when shopping for cars
e.g.

Harrier Turbo 7.6L/100km

Honda CRV Turbo 7.3L/100km

Forester XT 8.5L/100km

All were tested using the same Japan JC08 cycle so if you drive normally/gently, 
CRV might give 5% better than Harrier Turbo.
FXT may be about 10% worse that Harrier Turbo.

But if you drive hard (which is very different from the JC08 cycle), for all you know the FXT might come out best...we won't know...and under hard driving the CRV is likely to have the worst fuel economy cause the engine may be the most stretched of the 3 mentioned above.

Useful as a guide but you're right - impossible to achieve those numbers in real-world conditions.

Yet to take delivery of Harrier but based on my experiences with RAV4 and CX5, Japanese car manufacturers massively overstated their FC numbers. But in Singapore, FC should be of the least concern, depreciation is the biggest cost factor.

• Praise 1

Just a tot. If one buys 3units of Harrier last month and the cars can be delivered before the 10k kicks in. Then resell it at 5k less and brand new, it is profit biz.

Anyone know if there was an Aug delivery? No sound no picture after the initial shipment. I have yet to spot a turbo Harrier on the road. This is the longest I've waited for a car. My current car took only 10 days from signing the dotted line to driving it off.

• Praise 1

Just a tot. If one buys 3units of Harrier last month and the cars can be delivered before the 10k kicks in. Then resell it at 5k less and brand new, it is profit biz.

Errrr....once u take delivery, it's instant 20% depreciation hor

Errrr....once u take delivery, it's instant 20% depreciation hor

I mean if can find buyer who wants to save on 10ktax.reduced price for them. delivery immediate. They will still be first owner. Of course having said that there must be buyer and there will be risk of no buyer then 20% depression kicks in

Anyone know if there was an Aug delivery? No sound no picture after the initial shipment. I have yet to spot a turbo Harrier on the road. This is the longest I've waited for a car. My current car took only 10 days from signing the dotted line to driving it off.

I yet to see one Harrier Turbo on the road too, even though I see a lot of Harrier on the road everyday.

Edited by AFWE69
  • Praise 1

I yet to see one Harrier Turbo on the road too, even though I see a lot of Harrier on the road everyday.

Maybe all hiding in shame after realizing lose out to forester and CRV at traffic light grand prix
  • Praise 1

I see once everyday or two

Very hard to sell again. With 5k diff but u will be 2nd owner plus higher loan interest rate and diff only 5k, not worth it unless those despo need a car
  • Praise 1

Yes there have been deliveries in August.

I've also not seen a Harrier Turbo on the road. See tons of Harrier NA everyday though - there must be a few thousand of them at least

As a private buyer, I think LTA requires you to keep new car for at least 6mths before you can transfer.

You can't be seriously thinking about redistributing by getting cars from BM

U gotta hold the car for 6mths before u can sell plus pay instalment? Also the interest penalty from the car loan

You dun lose 10k considered lucky liao

Edited by alex976

Cannot sell/transfer car if less than 3 months. After 3 months can do whatever you want. I have ever sold a new car after 3.5 months.

Edited by white_black

Cannot sell/transfer car if less than 3 months. After 3 months can do whatever you want. I have ever sold a new car after 3.5 months.

What car was that and how much u made/lost?

U gotta hold the car for 6mths before u can sell plus pay instalment? Also the interest penalty from the car loan

You dun lose 10k considered lucky liao

I see. Love this forum with so may great advise. Tks all cheers