Harrier 2017

SKX

13 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

If you complain hard enough, they sure to compensate you. Maybe they will give you 2 units of this 5L petrol can.

Hahahahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The Auto Start-Stop feature does not work if you do not put on seat belt. I am one who does not have the habit to put it on, now with so many features in car not working because of it, I start wearing seat belts again. LOL! Anyway, I noticed that it will save 1ml per 4 secs of idling as per the monitoring system. so a minute will of idling will drain 15ml. 10mins is 150ml. if over 10 days is 1.5L of petrol burn during idling. 

• Praise 1

On 9/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, andrewyewkc said:

If you complain hard enough, they sure to compensate you. Maybe they will give you 2 units of this 5L petrol can.

ghgjhkkjj.JPG

LOLZ...Well if this is Toyota Standard I will take it and publish it on my Facebook Page... 😝

When you go to a Hawker Center and order a bowl of fishball noodle, the uncle gave you 5 fishballs but the signboard clearly shows 6 fishballs in the noodle picture.  What would you do ? Ask for another fishball, partial refund or suck thumb and move on ?

• Haha! 1

On 9/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, shawnigami said:

The Auto Start-Stop feature does not work if you do not put on seat belt. I am one who does not have the habit to put it on, now with so many features in car not working because of it, I start wearing seat belts again. LOL! Anyway, I noticed that it will save 1ml per 4 secs of idling as per the monitoring system. so a minute will of idling will drain 15ml. 10mins is 150ml. if over 10 days is 1.5L of petrol burn during idling. 

Driving without putting on Seatbelt ? Are you confessing to breaking the law ?... LOLZ

Anyway, about the Auto Start-Stop.  I personally hated it and would turn it off before I moved off.  There are a few reason:

1) It draws a lot of current from the Battery to crank the engine up everytime you step on the accelerator to move off from complete stop.  That reduced the life of the battery

2) The thug/jerk when you move off is placing alot of stress on the transmission.  I am pretty sure its not good for the transmission longevity. 

I am not sure if the savings in the petrol is enough to pay for the fix/overhaul on the transmission in the long run.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, penguinn said:

Driving without putting on Seatbelt ? Are you confessing to breaking the law ?... LOLZ

Anyway, about the Auto Start-Stop.  I personally hated it and would turn it off before I moved off.  There are a few reason:

1) It draws a lot of current from the Battery to crank the engine up everytime you step on the accelerator to move off from complete stop.  That reduced the life of the battery

2) The thug/jerk when you move off is placing alot of stress on the transmission.  I am pretty sure its not good for the transmission longevity. 

I am not sure if the savings in the petrol is enough to pay for the fix/overhaul on the transmission in the long run.

I did that on the bimmer for almost 6 years. No issues. Only change battery once at middle of 4th year. The only problem i had was charge pipe burst once every 1.5 years when i see an Audi to chase, then it goes into limp mode, but it is a known engineering failure. haha... And I have more faith in Toyota reliability/durability than BMW?

Edited by shawnigami

On 9/20/2019 at 6:00 PM, shawnigami said:

I did that on the bimmer for almost 6 years. No issues. Only change battery once at middle of 4th year. The only problem i had was charge pipe burst once every 1.5 years when i see an Audi to chase, then it goes into limp mode, but it is a known engineering failure. haha... And I have more faith in Toyota reliability/durability than BMW?

Bimmer uses AGM battery to suit start stop.  Harrier Turbo using normal battery.  BimmerAGM battery cost me $700++ to change the last time.. haha.  Harrier Turbo should be much cheaper.  

As for the transmission, good thing is Harrier Turbo using the 6speeder from RX200t/RX300, quite proven.  Heard from workshop mech that the CVT transmission used in Harrier NA (PI model) known to fail and primarily due to Start Stop.  That is why there is an auto start stop cancel device that one can buy to bypass the feature during startup.  For me, I just press... finger exercise.. hahaha

31 minutes ago, penguinn said:

Bimmer uses AGM battery to suit start stop.  Harrier Turbo using normal battery.  BimmerAGM battery cost me $700++ to change the last time.. haha.  Harrier Turbo should be much cheaper.  

As for the transmission, good thing is Harrier Turbo using the 6speeder from RX200t/RX300, quite proven.  Heard from workshop mech that the CVT transmission used in Harrier NA (PI model) known to fail and primarily due to Start Stop.  That is why there is an auto start stop cancel device that one can buy to bypass the feature during startup.  For me, I just press... finger exercise.. hahaha

Ahh.. Thanks for the info. yea, i change the darn battery for $700++. And they say if go outside change sure @#$! up.

55 minutes ago, penguinn said:

PML cock one la

just do outside for AGM cost ard $400-500 depending on size

for harrier just change to amaron will do

Finally done with the 1000km run in and servicing. Acceleration was smooth, without the power jerk of those performance car, maybe that's why some reviews complain "no power" like those of the german cars.. Easily hit 140kph without even feeling the speed. 

• Praise 1

Purchased a Toyota Harrier from PI, Cxx##### 3 years ago, the car is due for 3 years inspection in October.  The rear passenger windows failed the light emission test when I sent the car for inspection at STA as the glass is still the original glass of M2L4.  I was told PI need to change the glass to M2L3 which allows more light emission in order to pass the VITAS by LTA and allow on the road.

Not sure why my passenger windows were not changed to M2L3 but managed to pass the VITAS, the inspector at STA advised me to go back to the PI to request for change as PI suppose to change for the new car.

Email the PI and look like they do not want to take responsibility, they told me that I have signed a indemnity that stated I know that the glass was the original glass.  There was so many documents to sign during the purchase and no one explain to me what the indemnity was about, I was told it to acknowledge that the vehicle has passed the inspection.    

The PI even provided me with the information of a workshop that can do the change of windows glass with costs details and expect me to pay the costs myself.

Anybody has the same experience as me?  What can I do in this case beside LLST and replace the glass myself?   

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Premacist said:

Purchased a Toyota Harrier from PI, Cxx##### 3 years ago, the car is due for 3 years inspection in October.  The rear passenger windows failed the light emission test when I sent the car for inspection at STA as the glass is still the original glass of M2L4.  I was told PI need to change the glass to M2L3 which allows more light emission in order to pass the VITAS by LTA and allow on the road.

Not sure why my passenger windows were not changed to M2L3 but managed to pass the VITAS, the inspector at STA advised me to go back to the PI to request for change as PI suppose to change for the new car.

Email the PI and look like they do not want to take responsibility, they told me that I have signed a indemnity that stated I know that the glass was the original glass.  There was so many documents to sign during the purchase and no one explain to me what the indemnity was about, I was told it to acknowledge that the vehicle has passed the inspection.    

The PI even provided me with the information of a workshop that can do the change of windows glass with costs details and expect me to pay the costs myself.

Anybody has the same experience as me?  What can I do in this case beside LLST and replace the glass myself?   

Just replace urself with good grade solar film. PM me if u want good and cheap solar film workshop

even if u go back Cxxxxmes and they willing to replace, will give u most laoya grade. End up cabin become hot during day

5 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Just replace urself with good grade solar film. PM me if u want good and cheap solar film workshop

even if u go back Cxxxxmes and they willing to replace, will give u most laoya grade. End up cabin become hot during day

Don’t think it’s the film bro. 

He’s talking about the window glass.

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t think it’s the film bro. 

He’s talking about the window glass.

Yes, it is the windows glass.  By replacing the windows glass, need to spend additional money to paste the solar film again.

By the way, the PI is not Carxxmes (in Thaiyotakamli's reply above). 

• Praise 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:13 AM, Premacist said:

Yes, it is the windows glass.  By replacing the windows glass, need to spend additional money to paste the solar film again.

By the way, the PI is not Carxxmes (in Thaiyotakamli's reply above). 

Borrow, go inspect, replace?

I see someone on carousell selling the original black window. lol!

4 hours ago, shawnigami said:

Borrow, go inspect, replace?

I see someone on carousell selling the original black window. lol!

I think there are people change to the M2L3 glass for inspection and change back to original M2L4 after they passed the inspection.  inspection is every 2 years, need to do the replacement every 2 years. 

There are workshops able to loan the clear glass for the inspection including labour to replace the glass before and after the inspection, but need to incur the costs of about $150 every 2 years.  

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Premacist said:

I think there are people change to the M2L3 glass for inspection and change back to original M2L4 after they passed the inspection.  inspection is every 2 years, need to do the replacement every 2 years. 

There are workshops able to loan the clear glass for the inspection including labour to replace the glass before and after the inspection, but need to incur the costs of about $150 every 2 years 

$150? ok. a bit painful. 4 inspection in 10 years right? $600+hassle vs ??? Whats the price of 2 windows + tint?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

It seems tat d Borneo Motors harrier does not come with built-in GPS? We need to use our phone gps (connect to d head unit). Can someone confirm tis?

Tks!

Alex.

↡ Advertisement