Harrier 2017

SKX

That's my thoughts as well since CX5 and CRV would be the newest offerings to directly challenge the Harrier but then again, I can also understand why FXT is being compared cos it's also a 2litre turbo unlike the other 2 so engine and power wise, comparison between FXT n Harrier is like for like.

CX5 being NA would not be a comparison engine wise but size, aesthetic and price wise, it is indeed a competitor.

CRV is the least like cos it will be a 1.5l and with a 7 seater option, not exactly like for like though they should have a 5 seater version but price wise, it should be in the same segment.

CRV turbo will have 5 seater at $140+ and 7 seater at $150+

↡ Advertisement

1, You buy Ferrari also will have people ask you why you didn't buy Lamboghini instead. What more a B&B Toyota. Just enjoy the car and don't feel the need to defend your purchase.

2, I feel the car's design while nice, looks to convoluted and try-hard. IMHO.

3, Engine looks good

I have to agree with this. Prices are very competitive over a wide range of cars with different segments.

Take the Q50 for example, they priced it at $149k (seen on ads and newspapers) , that interior is a better built than harrier & that engine is from a Mercedes E-class (Not the entry level engine of the E-class)

But yeah, different segments but still a 2L Turbo.

But definely the Q50 maintenance will be higher than Harrier Turbo. Apart from the new harrier Turbo engine that's is a beast , to be honest , the interior is quite outdated for 2017. Been almost 4 years since that interior existed. I kinda expect more from the harrier interior, considering the 2017 Camry's interior is a quite another step forward.

wrong comparison.

S60 and Q50 are sedans not SUV.

Even the FXT looks more like a wagon, so maybe Mazda6 wagon to compare...

• Praise 1

That's my thoughts as well since CX5 and CRV would be the newest offerings to directly challenge the Harrier but then again, I can also understand why FXT is being compared cos it's also a 2litre turbo unlike the other 2 so engine and power wise, comparison between FXT n Harrier is like for like.

CX5 being NA would not be a comparison engine wise but size, aesthetic and price wise, it is indeed a competitor.

CRV is the least like cos it will be a 1.5l and with a 7 seater option, not exactly like for like though they should have a 5 seater version but price wise, it should be in the same segment.

i haven't watched any reviews of the 2017 CRV yet. But the 2016 one is very cavernous. Super lots of headroom and legroom as a 5 seater. 

But prone to body roll according to UK reviews. But I don't think the Harrier will be any better in that.

wrong comparison.

S60 and Q50 are sedans not SUV.

Even the FXT looks more like a wagon, so maybe Mazda6 wagon to compare...

I already said they are from different category bro... comparing engine wise
  • Praise 1

confused.

How the Harrier hybrid tax system work?

2,5L version or 2.5L tax+ top up extra version?

Go ask PI make me more confused

• Praise 1

I have to agree with this. Prices are very competitive over a wide range of cars with different segments.

Take the Q50 for example, they priced it at $149k (seen on ads and newspapers) , that interior is a better built than harrier & that engine is from a Mercedes E-class (Not the entry level engine of the E-class)

But yeah, different segments but still a 2L Turbo.

But definely the Q50 maintenance will be higher than Harrier Turbo. Apart from the new harrier Turbo engine that's is a beast , to be honest , the interior is quite outdated for 2017. Been almost 4 years since that interior existed. I kinda expect more from the harrier interior, considering the 2017 Camry's interior is a quite another step forward.

I was also disappointed with the interior and also the BM take it or leave attitude.
  • Praise 1

I was also disappointed with the interior and also the BM take it or leave attitude.

BM can do this take it or leave it attitude because the price is right....  

There is no alternative to go for PI anymore...

• Praise 1

Toyota distributorship has been doing the take it or leave it attitude since i started buying my 1st car in the early 90s

Basically their cars can sell by themselves

confused.

You referring to road tax or? if road tax then it will be based on 2.5l only.

• Praise 1

Wah. So much drama on the previous thread. Cars are cars la. Point a to b transportation. Suv how fast also no use, du tio traffic light still must stop. I love my fxt but ppl say ugly and cvt sucks. Those are just other ppls opinion. You are the one driving it, not those ppl commenting.

Harrier is a nice suv. Good for cruising. Please drive safe.

• Praise 1

Not easy to calculate.... I just pay what LTA bills me annually :relief: :

PETROL-ELECTRIC CARS

A petrol-electric car uses a combined conventional gasoline engine and electric motor. The Road Tax payable is based on the engine capacity or the maximum motor power rating, whichever is higher.

Special Tax is not applicable to petrol-electric cars.

The correlation table was established by:

• Examining the relationship between the engine capacity and the maximum motor power ratings of existing conventional cars; and
  • Equating the engine capacities of conventional cars with the maximum motor power ratings of electric cars taking into consideration the differences in engine and motor power output characteristics and transmission efficiency.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/costs-of-owning-a-vehicle/tax-structure-for-cars.html

confused.

• Praise 1

Not easy to calculate.... I just pay what LTA bills me annually :relief: :

PETROL-ELECTRIC CARS

A petrol-electric car uses a combined conventional gasoline engine and electric motor. The Road Tax payable is based on the engine capacity or the maximum motor power rating, whichever is higher.

Special Tax is not applicable to petrol-electric cars.

The correlation table was established by:

• Examining the relationship between the engine capacity and the maximum motor power ratings of existing conventional cars; and
  • Equating the engine capacities of conventional cars with the maximum motor power ratings of electric cars taking into consideration the differences in engine and motor power output characteristics and transmission efficiency.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/costs-of-owning-a-vehicle/tax-structure-for-cars.html

Scholar formulate one where got so easy for us to understand. :(

Supercharged

"Take it or leave"...What happened?

They see a huge demand on the harrier turbo. The response of the "register interest" and $3k deposit was good.

Wah. So much drama on the previous thread. Cars are cars la. Point a to b transportation. Suv how fast also no use, du tio traffic light still must stop. I love my fxt but ppl say ugly and cvt sucks. Those are just other ppls opinion. You are the one driving it, not those ppl commenting.

Harrier is a nice suv. Good for cruising. Please drive safe.

Yes bro. FXT is a good car. Value for money.

the design language is like that , rugged feels to it.

It's nice on its own:)

FXT is good is because the windows are big & the view is very good , no blind spots

↡ Advertisement