Kenwood DDX 917WS

weekiat572

Do update here  cos i have the same thinking as u.

Do u drive a BRZ as well?

Cause the research I do might be only applicable to either Subarus, or Toyotas...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Do u drive a BRZ as well?

Cause the research I do might be only applicable to either Subarus, or Toyotas...

Nope , m getting the C-HR.

Nope , m getting the C-HR.

Actually if your headunit comes from the PI, then they should have already wired it all nicely for you already.

Everything should be working.

• Praise 1

Actually if your headunit comes from the PI, then they should have already wired it all nicely for you already.

Everything should be working.

Ya , the PI installed it for me by their installer. Initially wanted the 8850 but they say got gap n doesnt look flush wif the dash so they looked for tis unit. 

Ya , the PI installed it for me by their installer. Initially wanted the 8850 but they say got gap n doesnt look flush wif the dash so they looked for tis unit. 

Yup alot of new Toyotas have wide screen stereos.

I think the 917ws would be good for you so long you not a hardcore audiophile.

If not then the 8850 is the way to go.

Yup alot of new Toyotas have wide screen stereos.

I think the 917ws would be good for you so long you not a hardcore audiophile.

If not then the 8850 is the way to go.

Kenwood is not bad.. I won sound competition with it. Not sure if u have ever listen to a properly tuned car before. Cheers
  • Praise 1

Kenwood is not bad.. I won sound competition with it. Not sure if u have ever listen to a properly tuned car before. Cheers

I would love to hear from those who do their sound systems. For me , i would hope to juz upgrade my system slightly. 

Yup it will fit very nicely and give off a factory installed feel.

But currently i am researching and trying to ask around on how to keep the OEM USB and AUX ports functions.

Most I see online is that they will sacrifice the OEM AUX function, but I want to keep the factory feel.

So still researching.

I've also been asking for DDX917WS as my Sienta is also 200mm wide din and DNX9170S with Garmin but not 200mm wide model since May. Hard time choosing between the 2.

Can you elaborate more on "sacrifice the OEM AUX function and keep the factory feel". What do you mean?

• Praise 1

I've also been asking for DDX917WS as my Sienta is also 200mm wide din and DNX9170S with Garmin but not 200mm wide model since May. Hard time choosing between the 2.

Can you elaborate more on "sacrifice the OEM AUX function and keep the factory feel". What do you mean?

I was more referring to the BRZ, where by they come stock with a AUX port that so far none of the installer is able to retain its functionality.

I was more referring to the BRZ, where by they come stock with a AUX port that so far none of the installer is able to retain its functionality.

I see. Sorry not familiar with BRZ.

Anyone has any indicative price of the DDX917WS?

Anyone knows if DDX917WS FM radio can play in the background while running Android Auto and interrupt (attenuate, mute, stop, switch source and whatnot) and resume the radio during and after navigation prompts, calls, text message playback, voice command etc?

Anyone knows if DDX917WS FM radio can play in the background while running Android Auto and interrupt (attenuate, mute, stop, switch source and whatnot) and resume the radio during and after navigation prompts, calls, text message playback, voice command etc?

Yes it can . I played the radio n ran android auto for the maps at the same time . Same goes for playing mp3 from either the usb or ipod.

Yes it can . I played the radio n ran android auto for the maps at the same time . Same goes for playing mp3 from either the usb or ipod.

Thanks, that's nice to know. But how the does the radio react during navigation prompts, phone calls, voice command etc?

Thanks, that's nice to know. But how the does the radio react during navigation prompts, phone calls, voice command etc?

The radio will mute when the prompts r out .

Looks great, I think it's pretty handy to use it sitting on a driving seat [drivingcar]

The very first time I get to know the name "Kenwood" was from a game, a computer game.

• Praise 1