Selling Car through CARRO

Kar_lover

Hi All

Apologise first if there is another thread elsewhere on this but i did my search and the only thing that came back was all the "carrot" topics.

Anyway as per topic, anyone here used carro (https://carro.sg/) to sell their car? Good or no good? How does it compare to other similar platforms? 

Would appreciate if you could share your experience, good or otherwise. Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Heard before but never see before. Just went to take a look. Don't really like the interface or maybe I just resist change. Will just stick to sgcarmart should I need to buy or sell for now.

• Praise 2

Heard before but never see before. Just went to take a look. Don't really like the interface or maybe I just resist change. Will just stick to sgcarmart should I need to buy or sell for now.

By "sgcarmart" you mean quotz or the regular sgcarmart ads? I looked at quotz also. I think quotz is probably the market leader in this and there is already a thread dedicated to them but i just looking at other alternatives. 

Neutral Newbie

By "sgcarmart" you mean quotz or the regular sgcarmart ads? I looked at quotz also. I think quotz is probably the market leader in this and there is already a thread dedicated to them but i just looking at other alternatives. 

I think Carro is just another consignment dealer isn't it?

If you thinking of selling car, there are many ways to do it

1. Advertise and sell by yourself

2. Quotz (sell by bidding to dealers)

3. Consignment agents like Carro. You will find many here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/tools_tips/consignment.php

4. Trade in to dealer

Good luck to your sale :)

3. Consignment agents like Carro. You will find many here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/tools_tips/consignment.php

4. Trade in to dealer

Thanks. Yes i know the various options but (1) is too troublesome, (4) price tends to be low. So i am looking for something in between which provides some support (paperwork, loans, etc) but at better price then trade in.

For Carro they have 2 options, sell direct to buyer and "sell instantly" which is sell to dealer (i think neither is consignment). Quotz is slightly more troublesome as need to send car down for survey, photoshoot etc but a quick look at their past records look rather promising. For Carro instant sell don't need to do anything just wait for the dealers to bid. I am sure price not as good as quotz but question is how much lower. If it's not much lower then i will prefer through carro as i don't really have time to send car down and all that.

For reference, dealer offer me $52k for my car but the same car and age as mine in quotz I saw was sold at $60k. But I also read a few comments that upon meet up with dealer, some of them try to bargain down so the bid they put up is not strictly firm. 

my experiences show almost all quotes come from dealers. therefore no difference actually 

Yes, not surprising. But at least can hope for better offer as usually when AD call just a few of their regular dealers to quote, the price tends to be not good. As i mentioned, saw that Quotz could get significantly higher offer than what my AD offer me. 

Yes, not surprising. But at least can hope for better offer as usually when AD call just a few of their regular dealers to quote, the price tends to be not good. As i mentioned, saw that Quotz could get significantly higher offer than what my AD offer me. 

is it normal for quotz to indicate a range instead of an amount?

• Praise 1

Call Quotz for free valuation. They will come back with a best offer for your car.

I sold mine near scrap car to one of their contacts without having to make a trip down...

I managed to negotiate to keep the car till one week to coe expiry. Usually they'd prefer 2-3 weeks... maybe to use as rental or courtesy car for workshop.

Turbocharged

i also tried the sph thing but trade in to AD at the same price when i book the car. car biz is an art, all these discounts are actually built in then reduced. like the GSS haha

advantage of trade in is, one to one exchange

is it normal for quotz to indicate a range instead of an amount?

To what i know Quotz is a bidding system so it is an exact figure. Not a range.

4. Trade in to dealer

You can go to Carousel and ask those EXPORT dealers.  I did it this way.  These dealers are not 2nd hand car dealers. They are export or scrap dealers.  And from my experience, they offer much higher price than 2nd hand dealer and even Quotz.  And they pay cash.

But in the end, i managed to sell it myself to direct buyer, with the best price. 

So try Carousel.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

To what i know Quotz is a bidding system so it is an exact figure. Not a range.

U can do a search in the forum regards to Quotez.

Shared by folks before.

My experience. The price given to u is provided by dealers.

It's not binding cos they have not seen the car yet.

There were feedback that some dealers play punk and attempt to lower their reseller quote.

For me I didn't go beyond getting the quote cos theirs was the same as what the AD offered for my old car.

Supercharged

U can do a search in the forum regards to Quotez.

Shared by folks before.

My experience. The price given to u is provided by dealers.

It's not binding cos they have not seen the car yet.

There were feedback that some dealers play punk and attempt to lower their reseller quote.

For me I didn't go beyond getting the quote cos theirs was the same as what the AD offered for my old car.

Yes i did read up that thread.

Anyway Carro no good la. They offer me scrap value for my 5 yr old car. Lol. Waste time.

• Praise 1