Selling Car through CARRO

Kar_lover

Twincharged

Whatever u do, don't waste time on consignment.

Ya. Very often the consignement car becomes the lunch wagon for the salesman.

I think Carro is just another consignment dealer isn't it?

If you thinking of selling car, there are many ways to do it

1. Advertise and sell by yourself

2. Quotz (sell by bidding to dealers)

3. Consignment agents like Carro. You will find many here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/tools_tips/consignment.php

4. Trade in to dealer

Good luck to your sale :)

Not exactly a consignment dealer la.. its more like a free platform to showcase/display/advertise the car u wanna sell.. and usually the guys will filter out the low-ballers on your behalf. Advertised with them before. Had some serious offers but ultimately a buyer from other platform offered the highest st the right timing. So i sold my ex car to a direct buyer. Can give it shot. Its free anyways..

Supersonic

Not exactly a consignment dealer la.. its more like a free platform to showcase/display/advertise the car u wanna sell.. and usually the guys will filter out the low-ballers on your behalf. Advertised with them before. Had some serious offers but ultimately a buyer from other platform offered the highest st the right timing. So i sold my ex car to a direct buyer. Can give it shot. Its free anyways..

Don't think they would be very effective in filtering low ballers. Callers can always say price ok on the phone then after going thru the trouble of arranging viewing, low ball pattern come out when viewing the car

Don't think they would be very effective in filtering low ballers. Callers can always say price ok on the phone then after going thru the trouble of arranging viewing, low ball pattern come out when viewing the car

Well, at least for me, i didn't experience those low ballers.. maybe im just lucky??

Supercharged

I think carousel is best for direct seller. Quote a reasonable price, sure got people interested.

But selling through Carousell would mean i got to do all the paperwork myself. I looking for somewhere in between direct sales and trade in.

Neutral Newbie

Like what you said isn't it like a consignment dealer then? Consignment dealers usually don't charge anything until the car is sold. No sale, no fee. And they also filter out the low ballers.

And they advertise on sgcm too http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?DL=2908

so what exactly is the difference?

• Praise 1

Like what you said isn't it like a consignment dealer then? Consignment dealers usually don't charge anything until the car is sold. No sale, no fee. And they also filter out the low ballers.

And they advertise on sgcm too http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?DL=2908

so what exactly is the difference?

Well, like it is posted in the link you attached, it is "an online used car marketplace in Singapore.....". to me, they are more like a platform rather than dealers. It seems like they are imitating sgcarmart as a platform to buy/sell cars. So is sgcarmart a consignment dealer too?

Well, thats just my view. You may choose to be convinced that they are also consignment dealers. To each their own, no right or no wrong. 

SGCM only charge a fee on bidding sale or advertisement for sale. Help with the paperwork only when the sale falls through.

Carro would charge both buyer and seller at different fees but handle all paperwork for both parties when there's a deal. To me that's what I'd expect from consignment dealer.

Yes i did read up that thread.

Anyway Carro no good la. They offer me scrap value for my 5 yr old car. Lol. Waste time.

They're a joke. They offered me 23.3k for a 14 months old car, when I purchased it brand-new from AD at 89k just 14 months ago :)))

Ridiculous

• Praise 1

They're a joke. They offered me 23.3k for a 14 months old car, when I purchased it brand-new from AD at 89k just 14 months ago :)))

Ridiculous

They offered lower than paper? Your 14mth old car can’t have such a low paper value. Might as well scrap on your own.

They offered lower than paper? Your 14mth old car can’t have such a low paper value. Might as well scrap on your own.

Precisely. What a waste of time. And it's in super good condition with 3+2 year AD warranty.