All BMW owner thread

peacenowar

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

My friend's X1 (bought from premium select) broke down in the rain on sunday. <1 year old, bought with 30km on odometer.

Drive train error. Engine had difficulty starting and died. Towed away in heavy rain.
LOL now the Performance advisor is saying water went into fuel pump circuit board (under rear seat) causing it to short. Saying Owner inflicted issue. [crazy]

He's going to escalate it up to BMW-asia.

He went ponding? Must be serious flooding to affect an SUV. 😂

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

My friend's X1 (bought from premium select) broke down in the rain on sunday. <1 year old, bought with 30km on odometer.

Drive train error. Engine had difficulty starting and died. Towed away in heavy rain.
LOL now the Performance advisor is saying water went into fuel pump circuit board (under rear seat) causing it to short. Saying Owner inflicted issue. [crazy]

He's going to escalate it up to BMW-asia.

He used pressure jet to clean the carpet like cleaning an Army jeep?

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

He used pressure jet to clean the carpet like cleaning an Army jeep?

He doesn't know what they are talking about. just find it ludicrous they are blaming him.

He got video footage of the towing company having his boot up while they were preparing the tow. Maybe now they will blame the towing company. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

He doesn't know what they are talking about. just find it ludicrous they are blaming him.

He got video footage of the towing company having his boot up while they were preparing the tow. Maybe now they will blame the towing company. 

If that's the case, it will be a good fight btw RSA provider, PML and BMW Asia.

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Could it be a leaked 2L water bottle?  

Unless it's soda or coffee, obviously self inflicted. How can u blame a customer for breaking down? 

Imagine if your kid pees in the car when asleep and your car breaks down? Wtf 

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Its always important to get the service advisor to put everything they say in writing , when having any disputes with any AD . 

Whenever these SD tries to tell me stories or crap , i always reply by asking them to put it in writing , so easier to present your case if you intends to bring it up to higher management . If not , it will always become a his words , your words , and the higher up will always claimed that it is miscommunication or misunderstanding  when they realized that they are not able to get away with it . .  

• Praise 6

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Maybe rain too heavy then water from opened boot flow into the rear seat 

so still not owner fault

1 hour ago, Hubwee said:

Its always important to get the service advisor to put everything they say in writing , when having any disputes with any AD . 

Whenever these SD tries to tell me stories or crap , i always reply by asking them to put it in writing , so easier to present your case if you intends to bring it up to higher management . If not , it will always become a his words , your words , and the higher up will always claimed that it is miscommunication or misunderstanding  when they realized that they are not able to get away with it . .  

Aiyah common to have the service advisor sprout nonsense. For the majority of them, all they are good for is to ask you to top up for oil flushes, aircon cleaning, premature replacing of parts other miscellaneous money earning items for them, but money wasting for you. 

18 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah F series no engine oil leak issue but have many other electronic issues lol

Ok la, so far my previous F20 has served me well till 97K mileage in its 5th year when I sold it.

We must not forget that every car model also got its own fair share of problem, when we buy a car, it's a package. True, BMW is does not fare well in reliability vs a Toyota or Honda, but if one looks for something more than just pure reliability, there are other makes out there worth considering.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Maybe rain too heavy then water from opened boot flow into the rear seat 

so still not owner fault

Still doesn't explain why break down in first place. If they all blame the fuel pump circuit board lol. 

• Haha! 1

Pardon me for interrupting. I've recently bought some accessories from a stockist and I am not good enough to DIY (just some aesthetic accessories). Can any kind soul point me to a trustworthy person/company to fix these accessories?

Many thanks. 

15 minutes ago, vwX3 said:

Pardon me for interrupting. I've recently bought some accessories from a stockist and I am not good enough to DIY (just some aesthetic accessories). Can any kind soul point me to a trustworthy person/company to fix these accessories?

Many thanks. 

Might be easier to help you if you mentioned what accessories. Electric gadgets or exterior body bits.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 11:29 PM, Ake109 said:

Might be easier to help you if you mentioned what accessories. Electric gadgets or exterior body bits.

Sorry for late reply. Mainly exterior such as grilles, mirror caps, etc.

↡ Advertisement