All BMW owner thread

peacenowar

On 11/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, Rickster said:

Looks like the F series got lesser problems than the E series. Especially the engine oil leak issue.

My F20 reaching 5 years and 95K mileage. No major issues except both the front and back wiper water nozzle failed and some "tiak tiak" sound from the sterring wheel, but PML sorted it out under warranty.

Amazing. Very unlike bmw. 

↡ Advertisement

On 11/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, boonhat_91 said:

chiobu xmm BMW driver

Wow this lady appears in my IG feed occasionally. Nice to know she is driving such a nice car. 👍

55 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Wow this lady appears in my IG feed occasionally. Nice to know she is driving such a nice car. 👍

Anything is possible when daddy buys for you 😃.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, CarNutz said:

Hi bros,

I am looking into purchasing a used 2011 E92 M3 coupe competition package. I am not a chiongster but attracted to the design, technology and pedigree of the M car. Very fully aware of the huge road tax, insurance and maintenance costs. It has a year to go so my costs are factored in to an extent. R there any other issues regarding this model that perhaps someone can highlight to me? Maybe it is a YOLO thing or mid life crisis.

Yes you may love it so much you renew COE and pour money into it.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, CarNutz said:

Hi bros,

I am looking into purchasing a used 2011 E92 M3 coupe competition package. I am not a chiongster but attracted to the design, technology and pedigree of the M car. Very fully aware of the huge road tax, insurance and maintenance costs. It has a year to go so my costs are factored in to an extent. R there any other issues regarding this model that perhaps someone can highlight to me? Maybe it is a YOLO thing or mid life crisis.

The 2 usual issues are Throttle Actuators and Worn Conrod Bearings. 

Running cost is also ///MORE. M = More. 😂

Looks like the F series got lesser problems than the E series. Especially the engine oil leak issue.

My F20 reaching 5 years and 95K mileage. No major issues except both the front and back wiper water nozzle failed and some "tiak tiak" sound from the sterring wheel, but PML sorted it out under warranty.

Seconded this. 

My F20 is in its 4th year. Close to 130k mileage. No major issue. Just the usual change of brakes and related brakes components. 

Edited by Newfamilyguy

My friend's X1 (bought from premium select) broke down in the rain on sunday. <1 year old, bought with 30km on odometer.

Drive train error. Engine had difficulty starting and died. Towed away in heavy rain.
LOL now the Performance advisor is saying water went into fuel pump circuit board (under rear seat) causing it to short. Saying Owner inflicted issue. [crazy]

He's going to escalate it up to BMW-asia.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

My friend's X1 (bought from premium select) broke down in the rain on sunday. <1 year old, bought with 30km on odometer.

Drive train error. Engine had difficulty starting and died. Towed away in heavy rain.
LOL now the Performance advisor is saying water went into fuel pump circuit board (under rear seat) causing it to short. Saying Owner inflicted issue. [crazy]

He's going to escalate it up to BMW-asia.

Welcome to bmw ownership😄😄😄

• Haha! 1

Yah F series no engine oil leak issue but have many other electronic issues lol

↡ Advertisement