All BMW owner thread

peacenowar

45 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

*Quote*

If you’re starting to count your dollar bills, trying to figure out whether you should hurry up and buy your favorite BMW, you definitely shouldn’t be worried if you’re looking for a straight six or a 2-liter 4-cylinder engine. Most of these choices will most likely be kept in production past 2025. The 1.5-liter 3-cylinder engines will be slowly phased out and replaced by 2-liter mills with lower specs in the future, if there’s a business case for them. Otherwise, the hybridization of the range will solve most of the problems people might have with certain engines.

*UNQUOTE*

not that i am counting any dollar bills or contemplating buying one .. but good to know 😄

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Dannnn said:

*Quote*

If you’re starting to count your dollar bills, trying to figure out whether you should hurry up and buy your favorite BMW, you definitely shouldn’t be worried if you’re looking for a straight six or a 2-liter 4-cylinder engine. Most of these choices will most likely be kept in production past 2025. The 1.5-liter 3-cylinder engines will be slowly phased out and replaced by 2-liter mills with lower specs in the future, if there’s a business case for them. Otherwise, the hybridization of the range will solve most of the problems people might have with certain engines.

*UNQUOTE*

This means base spec X16i may get power bump to 130-150+ hp if that's the case

It's not practical to have a detuned 2.0T delivering 107hp (like current 116i/216i) for sale here. Pay 2 liter road tax for a 1.5 liter performance 😆

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

This means base spec X16i may get power bump to 130-150+ hp if that's the case

It's not practical to have a detuned 2.0T delivering 107hp (like current 116i/216i) for sale here. Pay 2 liter road tax for a 1.5 liter performance 😆

Currently, there is G20 318 using 2L with 154hp.

But torque is 250nm 

(edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, inlinesix said:

Currently, there is G20 318 using 2L with 154hp.

But torque is 250nm 

Do you know if the g20 318 and 320i , is the setup everything the same except tuning ?

or 318 using smaller turbo etc.

Edited by Dannnn

Just now, Dannnn said:

Do you know if the g20 318 and 320i , is the setup everything the same except tuning ?

or 318 using smaller turbo etc.

No idea.

Check realoem.com on the different In hardware.

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No idea.

Check realoem.com on the different In hardware.

They dont have 318I for G20. lol

Does X3 or X5 come with air suspension? If so, is it worth the upgrade? How much smoother will the ride be? Also, what's the maintenance cost on them like? Heard need to change after 5 years and it costs 1K per suspension? Pls advise thanks.

Hey guys, quite new here and am looking for a car. Am currently looking at 640i as a coe car given the research I've done. Are there any other models within same depre range that you guys might recommend? Thanks in advance. 

Does anyone know where I can retrofit Apple Carplay to my 13-year old E60?  Had the chance to use Carplay on a rental while on holiday and quite like the convenience of pairing my iPhone seamlessly with the headunit - can play songs from the phone and even Google Maps will appear onscreen. The existing stereo with iDrive is really old school by comparison.

↡ Advertisement