All BMW owner thread

peacenowar

Neutral Newbie
On 2/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, Hamburger said:

Never read contract properly and decision made based on misinformed details. 

Expensive lesson on the term "overtrade". 

Just to clarify, there was nothing stated in the contract about overtrade.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 3/2/2020 at 8:46 AM, jk228b said:

"Agent: It's either we take in your car for $72,000 and sell your the car for $131,888 or take in for $90,000 and sell you the car for 149,888."

Nothing wrong with this. The SE told me this too and asked which I prefer. Some prefer lower loan cos cash rich. Some need more trade in value cos no cash. Essentially same same.

And I think they're very nice to give $500 more after signing the dotted line.

Anyway prolly to make the poster feel better:
https://www.ppsl-select.sg/used-cars/14453--18-CVT-ELEGANCE.html

PPSL, where BMW will channel their used cars.. similar Wish listed $73K...so prolly will transact high $60s - 70. So $72K actual value is quite decent.

And I'm guessing poster bought a 216GT. $130K is a good price.

So be happy and enjoy the ride! Cheers!

It is nothing wrong for agent to tell customers they will take in their car for “lower price” and sell their car at higher price if all had been said upfront. Not hiding these and hopefully customers don’t find out. Dirty tricks.

1 minute ago, hky1985 said:

It is nothing wrong for agent to tell customers they will take in their car for “lower price” and sell their car at higher price if all had been said upfront. Not hiding these and hopefully customers don’t find out. Dirty tricks.

errr...you go departmental stores also same right...there's a usual price (u.p.)...then either they put special price..or got discount..

or you go eat buffet...some markup the price and perpetually any bank's credit card also got 50% off...

or pump petrol...markup then got station discount etc...

and the list goes on...

Also dirty tricks? lol

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, hky1985 said:

Just to clarify, there was nothing stated in the contract about overtrade.

Not stated in black and white but verbally?

Verbal agreement is also legal binding. 

• Praise 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:21 PM, Hamburger said:

I know someone who traded in his old 5er with 20k over the market price but bought the newer 5er at close to 250k. So it sounded  like a good deal but its not. 

should be a good deal if the old 5er is EOL and to be scrapped...and owner is looking for a new ride.

so scrap value vs OT of additional 20k...seems worthwhile...the major difference is you are scarping the car and getting residual value vs OT.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Potato-head said:

Hi,

i am looking for 2016/2017 4/5 Series. anyone can help to advice how is the fuel consumption and  maintenance cost?

Had a late 2014 F36 which is a lovely GC with a sunroof,  fuel consumption was decent however after the 5th year things required to be replaced and it became a burden to repair. Get one with an extended warranty. 

41 minutes ago, cyeogh said:

Had a late 2014 F36 which is a lovely GC with a sunroof,  fuel consumption was decent however after the 5th year things required to be replaced and it became a burden to repair. Get one with an extended warranty. 

My 5er went to mad mode after 3rd yr lol

2 hours ago, cyeogh said:

What requires replacement?

↡ Advertisement