Road Trip to Phuket 2017

Adrianli

The entry to the Thai border has changed. New building is in operations now. The way to the old carpark is now where all cars turn into.

Turn left at the custom complex, stop at the new building to collect the white card in the office where passengers taking coaches Q to have the passport chopped. Form for Tm2 & TM3(2 copies, inbound/outbound) can be taken from there too. But I already download and fill up at home via https://www.riderchris.com/ info/malaysia-thailand-border- crossing/

After filling the white card(free at the office), drive thru the car counter to have all the document chopped and passport with all pax onboard. Then drive thru and park behind the custom office and walk back to do the carnet at the right corner of the new building. I find it troublesome, they should have ask us to do the carnet first then drive thru. After the carnet is done, walk back to car and drive out.

Return trip is the same as what Adrianli has shared but there is no need for passengers to drop off to have the passport chopped. All remain in the car, just drive thru make a U-turn and go thru the 2 counters. First is to chop all the passport and second is to return the carnet. 

Note: It is good to do up the TM 2&3 forms for both inbound and outbound. Make sure the custom officer chop your passport and the forms too. The exiting from Thai border custom officer will ask for the forms.

Thanks for the heads up on the new immigration process. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

The entry to the Thai border has changed. New building is in operations now. The way to the old carpark is now where all cars turn into.

Turn left at the custom complex, stop at the new building to collect the white card in the office where passengers taking coaches Q to have the passport chopped. Form for Tm2 & TM3(2 copies, inbound/outbound) can be taken from there too. But I already download and fill up at home via https://www.riderchris.com/ info/malaysia-thailand-border- crossing/

After filling the white card(free at the office), drive thru the car counter to have all the document chopped and passport with all pax onboard. Then drive thru and park behind the custom office and walk back to do the carnet at the right corner of the new building. I find it troublesome, they should have ask us to do the carnet first then drive thru. After the carnet is done, walk back to car and drive out.

Return trip is the same as what Adrianli has shared but there is no need for passengers to drop off to have the passport chopped. All remain in the car, just drive thru make a U-turn and go thru the 2 counters. First is to chop all the passport and second is to return the carnet.

Note: It is good to do up the TM 2&3 forms for both inbound and outbound. Make sure the custom officer chop your passport and the forms too. The exiting from Thai border custom officer will ask for the forms.

Appreciate this useful update. Thank U!

thk u for the review.....im looking forward this coming June holidays.

Turn left at the custom complex, stop at the new building to collect the white card in the office where passengers taking coaches Q to have the passport chopped. Form for Tm2 & TM3(2 copies, inbound/outbound) can be taken from there too. But I already download and fill up at home via https://www.riderchris.com/ info/malaysia-thailand-border- crossing/

i'm assuming u refer to Bukit Kayu Hitam.

thanks for the update. I'm going to check it out myself soon [bounce2]

i'm assuming u refer to Bukit Kayu Hitam.

thanks for the update. I'm going to check it out myself soon [bounce2]

Yes. Enter via Bukit Kayu Hitam.

Just recently went on a 6D5N Road Trip to Phuket with my buddy. Will give byte-sized details here in a couple of days. The itinerary deviated slightly, but all in all, was quite an eventful trip but a little rushed. 

Stay tuned!

• Praise 2

Just recently went on a 6D5N Road Trip to Phuket with my buddy. Will give byte-sized details here in a couple of days. The itinerary deviated slightly, but all in all, was quite an eventful trip but a little rushed.

Stay tuned!

Great! Looking forward to your postings.

“Its not about the destination; it’s about the journey” – Annonymus

So one month prior to my Japan road trip (I’ll do one if there’s a request J), I started asking my friend, Mr. A, if he wanted to do an overland travel on my ageing 9 year old Honda Civic 2.0 (Not FD2R) just before it gets scrapped. I’ve driven in Phuket before using a rental car there, but it would be the first time I’m driving from Singapore to Phuket for close to over 24 hours. We did all the planning and decided to set the pace – 6 Days and 5 Nights. Evil me decided that Mr. A was the admin guy who helped me set the paperwork right while I was holidaying away in Japan! And so the journey begins:

For easy reference, all timings will be based on GMT +8 and 24 hours format

31st May

2200H: I started小白 (how I affectionately named my white Honda Civic) and did a final check on the vehicle tyre pressure, water and oil levels. Stocked up emergency items and tidbits for consumption along the way and went to pick up my friend. By the time we reached Woodlands Customs, it was already about 2300H. Clearing JB customs was a breeze and we headed for our first fuel break at Skudai Petron. Fueled up with RON100 to see if it could effectively boost better fuel economy and performance for my小白; apparently it didn’t and it still clocked a max range of around 450km.

0330H: Stopped by the big Ayer Keroh R & R for a power nap break. Wanted to hunt for A & W at this hour but obviously, only the petrol stations here are operated 24 hours. The entire R & R was a ghost town, probably what made it better was the couple of Malaysian cars parked in the R & R area. We moved out after 45 minutes of rest.

0730H: We reached the town of Ipoh at around 0730H, which was quite remarkable given that we only stopped once more for refuelling. Since our AirBnB only allowed for early check-in at 1300H and it’s located in Penang, we decided to take a slow drive out to Ipoh to enjoy the famous Ipoh White Coffee and ‘softboiled egg’ over toast breakfast. Mr. A bought two packets of Ipoh White Coffee Powder; if it’s famous, it should be good yeah? Costs like S$10 for our sumptuous spread of breakfast and it gave me a food coma.

post-148161-0-75106800-1529030937_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-73034000-1529030938_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-29563400-1529030939_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-67919000-1529030939_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-26424700-1529030940_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-71852400-1529030940_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-52419300-1529030941_thumb.jpg

0930H: Since there’s so much time to kill, we decide to explore one of the famous caves around Ipoh – Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple. The drive involves driving through small roads and finally a little dirt path that leads to an open parking lot and a majestic opening of the temple. I’ll let the pictures do the talking J

post-148161-0-92265700-1529031013_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-84565400-1529031014_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-90040700-1529031016_thumb.jpg

1130H: We left the Cave Temple after our morning ‘exercise’ and had a bowl of Ipoh Prawn Mee before we headed straight for Penang. An accident on the trunk road caused the entire traffic to slow to a crawl. We were lucky to be stuck for just about 15 minutes before we formed up and sped down NSHW towards Butterworth. The drive was smooth and we reached Penang at about 1300H. As our accomodation was situated on the mainland, I did not have the chance to drive Mr. A across the newly constructed Penang bridge.

post-148161-0-36230300-1529031017_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-81758100-1529031017_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-27364700-1529031197_thumb.jpg

PS: That is the mainland bridge leading to Butterworth

1300H: Checked in, simple one bedroom apartment with queen size bed, big enough couch for one person to sleep in and aircon in both the living and bedroom. Threw our stuff on the table, washed up and went into a deep slumber…

1730H: We woke up feeling damn hungry… we travelled across the old Penang Bridge and went in search of the famous roadside Hawker. We finally settled on the one near Sunway Hotel at Georgetown; New Lane Hawker Centre. Food was pretty amazing though it was close to touristy pricing. Will let the pictures do the talking.:

post-148161-0-27364700-1529031197_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-85329700-1529031197_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-66281200-1529031198_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-37673700-1529031199_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-97308400-1529031199_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-42498500-1529031200_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-96460600-1529031200_thumb.jpg

And a bonus pic!

post-148161-0-95875400-1529031255_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

01st June

0730H: Woke up, washed up and dabao bread along the way while checking out from the AirBnB premises. By the time we left, it was already about 0800H. Internet Radio – Checked; Vehicle Roadworthiness – Checked. 7 Hours of Rest – Checked. We’re ready for lift off!

0800H: We hit a little bit of the morning rush hour on our way up to the North South Highway, after which clearing the NSHW was quite a breeze. We refuelled and stretched ourselves at a Shell Petrol Station and cruised down towards Sadao Customs.

0930H: Upon arrival, we were greeted by an almost empty checkpoint at Bukit Kayu Hitam. This is where I hit a ‘snag’. As I was on MACS, I was unaware that the MACS arrangement is exclusively between Singapore and Malaysia, and not exiting towards Thailand. The custom officer asked me if I got a stamp from JB CIQ and told him that I was not aware of such a thing as I assumed MACS was a universal entry and exit through Malaysia L. The custom officer stamped Mr. A’s passport and asked me to park by the side and pointed me to the supervisor’s office.

So with unclear instructions, I blurly drove towards the entry point back into Malaysia and asked another officer where the office was. It’s a small white post in the middle of Bukit Kayu Hitam checkpoint towards Thailand and I did not even need to move the car out.  After wasting for about 20 minutes and some reprimanding from the senior customs officer, he chopped my passport with the exit stamp and from there, we made our way to the ‘no man’s land’ between Malaysia and Thailand where a Duty Free ‘Zon’ shop was situated.

post-148161-0-58378200-1529033512_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-16290900-1529033513_thumb.jpg

1000H: After a quick shopping and stocking up alcohol (they stock up quite interesting flavours there), we decided to just skip the Third Party insurance there as it costs RM27 for 9 days and we could actually buy shorter periods one in Sadao. Took some photos and chugged into the Thai border!

post-148161-0-96367900-1529033514_thumb.jpg

1030H: Finally, the Thai border! Being the newbie, we actually ‘went into’ Thai border several times without getting chopped (via Thai Customs Office) because we were so confused by the procedures, so for starters:

1) Fill in the White Card (everyone needs to fill up). If you are lazy to fill up, there is some random guy who has a stack of it and fills up for you. If I’m not wrong she charges like RM5 per form.

2) As your mode of transport is a vehicle, you will need to fill up TM2 and TM3 papers. You need to print an extra copy for your return trip. Make sure that the officer chop the extra copies

3) Just like in Malaysia, drive towards the car lane and submit all your completed documents to the Immigration Officer. The Officer will return you your passport, arrival White Card and the extra copies of TM2 and TM3

4) Continue for about 100 meters and park your car in front of the Trade and Customs Declaration office where you need to submit your vehicle Logcard to obtain your Carnet documentation.

1130H: So after wasting much time there and being the only Singaporean car there, I thought my worst nightmare was over. I was so damn wrong!

The Logcard I printed only had the vehicle details without the registered owner’s details! I just tried my luck and submitted the documents (because mine was a company car and me being the company owner, I printed my authorisation letter, ACRA and logcard) and the lady looked at me squarely in my face and asked “OWNER? YOU OWNER THEN WHERE THE DETAILS? I CANNOT ISSUE YOU!” I told her that this was company car and in Singapore when we ‘Enquire Vehicle’, it won’t reflect the details.

I was so bloody wrong and noob in using OneMotoring. Showed how little ‘homework’ I did there.

So in my panicky mode, I went back to the car and told Mr. A that the officer could not issue Carnet documents without the Logcard reflecting the owner’s details, he just calmed me down and asked me if I could re-login into Onemotoring and try to find any options that could indicate the vehicle ownership details alongside with the vehicle number plate.

After about 10 minutes of scurring the menus (thank God for data passport!), I finally found the option and Mr. A printscreened and followed me to speak to the custom officer. After some ding-dong here and there, the officer referred us to her senior officer and verified all documents. She then asked ‘Singapore no Form 69A?’ I told her that our indication of authorisation is via company letterhead and stamp, with proof of indication via ACRA. With that, she took photos of the Logcard with the ownership details and requested RM12 (4 pages) for administrative and printing fees (which could be easily avoided). What to do? So she printed out our Logcard details via our phone’s screenshots and got her colleague to issue us the Carnet authorisation. Finally it was done in about 45 minutes! All the headache over (left insurance papers) and drove into Sadao.

Admittedly I told Mr. A that if there wasn’t anyway, I would’ve driven back to Penang airport and book the next flight into Phuket which may not seem to be a bad idea, though a Singapore car at Penang airport may attract some ‘unnecessary attention’.

post-148161-0-71887700-1529033515_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-18935400-1529033516_thumb.jpg

1230H: We stopped by a shop slightly beyond the Thai Border that deals with insurance, money changing and SIM cards. We got a pretty good price here at 150THB for minimum 1 week with Third Party Coverage. Mr. A proceed to get his SIM Card changed and he got a good deal for 5 days unlimited (1GB technically) internet. It’s not really a tourist SIM, but it’s supplied by DTAC. Here, I got my Thai number plate sticker done up as well (it’s not mandatory I heard) and headed out for lunch. The shopkeeper recommended a Thai seafood floating restaurant there’s about 15 minutes drive.

post-148161-0-26562600-1529033517_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

1300H: After some road bashing over dirt tracks and hilly area, we finally reached this place called – Water View. Though I may be bringing like over 8,000 THB, I told Mr. A that I was very skeptical about this place – murky water, seafood menu with no pricing given and secluded setting, this has raised a lot of red flags. Mr. A insisted that as tourists they would give us good hospitality and we could always ask for the pricing prior to ordering. I relented and Mr. A went ahead and asked about the pricing and all, but it seems that the waiter and waitress there did not really like the idea of ‘asking price’ and said that it really depends on what we ordered and the Chefs usually has the last call.

I told Mr. A that I had enough of this nonsense and went back to the city area and dropped by MacDonald’s instead, with Mr. A feeling absolutely grumpy. While I sticked to the usual Fillet O Fish meal, Mr. A chose a local meal – Rice with chicken and gravy accompanied with Marcoroni soup; we topped it off with a side – 4 piece drumlets. Our total for the meal came up to be 744THB, a slightly pricier meal compared to Malaysia and Singapore.

post-148161-0-67555600-1529033967_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-17100000-1529033969_thumb.jpg

1430H: Finally after finishing our lunch, we went back to the small shop to collect our insurance paper and car plate sticker. We were on our way up even North to Phuket! Total drivetime would take us about 7 hours (Estimated).

1630H: After driving through Phatthalung and a brief stop at a Shell Petrol Station for a refuel and stretching session, we followed Google Maps to turn a sharp left and into the National Park across Trang. The sight was definitely amazing to behold, but it certainly comes with little sections of dirt tracks that 小白apparently survived. There were barely any potholes in sight (though I ran over a couple as I was driving like 80km/h along a single carriageway).

post-148161-0-68416500-1529033970_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-20146400-1529033971_thumb.jpg

2100H: Thank God we reached Phuket! Apparently we passed through Krabi but as it was dark and we were all tired, we just decided to speed into Phuket. The surrounding areas were pretty dark due to the lack of street lights. Phuket Bridge was beautiful at night and in about 40 minutes, we reached downtown Phuket. We were so famished that instead of checking in, we settled for dinner first.

post-148161-0-85020000-1529034051_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-36273000-1529034052_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-82262200-1529034052_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-37668400-1529034053_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-83288500-1529034053_thumb.jpg

2200H: Settled for dinner at No. 6 Restaurant which was recommended by Ladyironchef. Basically what this guy recommends, you won’t really go wrong. The drive up though was pretty challenging; it’s near 30 degree upslope requires lots of low gearing and careful steering, otherwise I would easily cut into the opposite lane. After about 10 minutes of driving upslope, we reached the restaurant and God, the view is definitely rewarding!

post-148161-0-70092700-1529033971_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-21294300-1529034051_thumb.jpg

2330H: With bloated stomach and the impending ‘food coma’, we drove back to our accomodation – Ramada Phuket Deevana (it reflected at Ramada Phuket Patong on G Maps). The reception is pretty friendly, just that it’s a open concept lobby, meaning you start to pespire easily under 30 degrees c. weather. After settling all the paperwork, we checked in, threw our bags on the floor, washed up and started out battle with the ‘Z Monster’.

• Praise 2

Someone commented that I shouldn't eat Filet O Fish there. I second that commentary but for the sake of my weak stomach and to sustain myself for the road trip, i think that's probably the safest option by far. 

Furthermore the roadside stores are not as hygienic; the amount of flies hovering there is... urghh

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Jia lat

I didnt do step 4, now Kanna worried when I go back to the border this Sunday. Counter girl didn't even tell me. Only chop on tm2

Sadao custom quite fast, within 1hr cleared. I was there at 6.30am.

01st June

0730H: Woke up, washed up and dabao bread along the way while checking out from the AirBnB premises. By the time we left, it was already about 0800H. Internet Radio – Checked; Vehicle Roadworthiness – Checked. 7 Hours of Rest – Checked. We’re ready for lift off!

0800H: We hit a little bit of the morning rush hour on our way up to the North South Highway, after which clearing the NSHW was quite a breeze. We refuelled and stretched ourselves at a Shell Petrol Station and cruised down towards Sadao Customs.

0930H: Upon arrival, we were greeted by an almost empty checkpoint at Bukit Kayu Hitam. This is where I hit a ‘snag’. As I was on MACS, I was unaware that the MACS arrangement is exclusively between Singapore and Malaysia, and not exiting towards Thailand. The custom officer asked me if I got a stamp from JB CIQ and told him that I was not aware of such a thing as I assumed MACS was a universal entry and exit through Malaysia L. The custom officer stamped Mr. A’s passport and asked me to park by the side and pointed me to the supervisor’s office.

So with unclear instructions, I blurly drove towards the entry point back into Malaysia and asked another officer where the office was. It’s a small white post in the middle of Bukit Kayu Hitam checkpoint towards Thailand and I did not even need to move the car out. After wasting for about 20 minutes and some reprimanding from the senior customs officer, he chopped my passport with the exit stamp and from there, we made our way to the ‘no man’s land’ between Malaysia and Thailand where a Duty Free ‘Zon’ shop was situated.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif1a.jpg

1000H: After a quick shopping and stocking up alcohol (they stock up quite interesting flavours there), we decided to just skip the Third Party insurance there as it costs RM27 for 9 days and we could actually buy shorter periods one in Sadao. Took some photos and chugged into the Thai border!

attachicon.gif1b.jpg

1030H: Finally, the Thai border! Being the newbie, we actually ‘went into’ Thai border several times without getting chopped (via Thai Customs Office) because we were so confused by the procedures, so for starters:

1) Fill in the White Card (everyone needs to fill up). If you are lazy to fill up, there is some random guy who has a stack of it and fills up for you. If I’m not wrong she charges like RM5 per form.

2) As your mode of transport is a vehicle, you will need to fill up TM2 and TM3 papers. You need to print an extra copy for your return trip. Make sure that the officer chop the extra copies

3) Just like in Malaysia, drive towards the car lane and submit all your completed documents to the Immigration Officer. The Officer will return you your passport, arrival White Card and the extra copies of TM2 and TM3

4) Continue for about 100 meters and park your car in front of the Trade and Customs Declaration office where you need to submit your vehicle Logcard to obtain your Carnet documentation.

1130H: So after wasting much time there and being the only Singaporean car there, I thought my worst nightmare was over. I was so damn wrong!

The Logcard I printed only had the vehicle details without the registered owner’s details! I just tried my luck and submitted the documents (because mine was a company car and me being the company owner, I printed my authorisation letter, ACRA and logcard) and the lady looked at me squarely in my face and asked “OWNER? YOU OWNER THEN WHERE THE DETAILS? I CANNOT ISSUE YOU!” I told her that this was company car and in Singapore when we ‘Enquire Vehicle’, it won’t reflect the details.

I was so bloody wrong and noob in using OneMotoring. Showed how little ‘homework’ I did there.

So in my panicky mode, I went back to the car and told Mr. A that the officer could not issue Carnet documents without the Logcard reflecting the owner’s details, he just calmed me down and asked me if I could re-login into Onemotoring and try to find any options that could indicate the vehicle ownership details alongside with the vehicle number plate.

After about 10 minutes of scurring the menus (thank God for data passport!), I finally found the option and Mr. A printscreened and followed me to speak to the custom officer. After some ding-dong here and there, the officer referred us to her senior officer and verified all documents. She then asked ‘Singapore no Form 69A?’ I told her that our indication of authorisation is via company letterhead and stamp, with proof of indication via ACRA. With that, she took photos of the Logcard with the ownership details and requested RM12 (4 pages) for administrative and printing fees (which could be easily avoided). What to do? So she printed out our Logcard details via our phone’s screenshots and got her colleague to issue us the Carnet authorisation. Finally it was done in about 45 minutes! All the headache over (left insurance papers) and drove into Sadao.

Admittedly I told Mr. A that if there wasn’t anyway, I would’ve driven back to Penang airport and book the next flight into Phuket which may not seem to be a bad idea, though a Singapore car at Penang airport may attract some ‘unnecessary attention’.

attachicon.gif1c.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

1230H: We stopped by a shop slightly beyond the Thai Border that deals with insurance, money changing and SIM cards. We got a pretty good price here at 150THB for minimum 1 week with Third Party Coverage. Mr. A proceed to get his SIM Card changed and he got a good deal for 5 days unlimited (1GB technically) internet. It’s not really a tourist SIM, but it’s supplied by DTAC. Here, I got my Thai number plate sticker done up as well (it’s not mandatory I heard) and headed out for lunch. The shopkeeper recommended a Thai seafood floating restaurant there’s about 15 minutes drive.

attachicon.gif2a.jpg

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

The carnet thingy? I think they are not very stringent on it; it's more of a in the event that you smuggle the car in and sell off, they cannot earn from the tax there, then they will come and find the car owner; that's when they will start tracing back to the owner.

Aside from that Carnet is like a 'promissory note' whereby you guarantee to 'export' the car out of Thailand within 14 days, failing to which you would face a very heavy penalty. It's still necessary to get the Carnet though, and in a foreign land, ignorance is never a bliss unfortunately  [:(]

Would suggest you try to google remedy solutions or if you pass by any trade / customs office, they should be able to assist you. 

Don't rely on their police force, they are close to useless. I got stopped at a road block on my way to Phuket and I assumed they tried to get me to bribe them, the moment I said I speak only English, they let me off.  [:p]

• Praise 1

02nd June

0900H: Woke up, washed up to a more relaxed state of mind. We head on downstairs for a quick breakfast buffet but seems like its lined up with a tour group. Not exactly the best situation but aside from the eggs station, the breakfast there was kind of sub-par. Finished our last dished and we head to our car for our drive to the various viewpoints in Phuket! 

1000H: Having driven in Phuket before 2 years ago, driving again here is no stranger; the roads are well paved and lots of up and downslopes. All in all, it provides an engaging drive even on a weekend as drivers and riders alike are polite and the roads are cleared up even on a weekend morning. Here’s a shot of the Karon View Point 

post-148161-0-02351000-1529153417_thumb.jpg

1100H: Had enough of Karon View Point since the tourists are flooding in. Mr. A took a liking to a foreigner (assuming is a Russian and maybe an Asian mix) and had to ask him to ‘manage expectations’ (I made that up). We set our next destination to Promthep Cape and en route, we stopped by a 7-11 store as I needed to buy some toiletries (the hotel didn’t provide toothbrush and toothpaste) and sun tan. The weather there can be seriously unforgiving at times; Mr. A bought beer in the day… 

post-148161-0-41410100-1529153418_thumb.jpg

1230H: After enduring the 31 degrees heat, we both retreated back to the car with a full blast a/c and chartered our next destination to this café called ‘The Factory’. With rave reviews and a blisteringly hot weather, we drove there and settled for – drinks and a slice of pizza. We then decided to do what most Singaporeans will do – Lepak 

post-148161-0-22908700-1529153419_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-66241400-1529153419_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-27024300-1529153420_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-79482000-1529153420_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-42733400-1529153421_thumb.jpg

1600H: Boat Noodles at a hawker stall! Looks delectable ya? 

post-148161-0-86886600-1529153421_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-48113000-1529153422_thumb.jpg

1700H: Headed out for massage at this place called Kim’s Massage and Spa. Great service and kneaded out all body aches from the long drive. I still prefer the previous massage place though; it’s going to be a stretch driving back to Patong area 

1900H: All done for massage and headed out to the Indy Night Market. It seems to be a different quite of stretch compared to the one which I visited couple of years back. Though the crowd is there, but it doesn’t really feel like a proper night market. Mr. A got his dinner fix there while I got mine at a nearby coffee shop which sells great beef boat noodles. I had a slight flu and bad cough after that meal, we explored a little more and then I retreated back to the hotel while Mr. A went to explore the nightlife around Patong Beach.

post-148161-0-32047000-1529153503_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-94104300-1529153503_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-34130400-1529153504_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-95066500-1529153504_thumb.jpg

post-148161-0-87115000-1529153505_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I cleared sadao custom this morning. Heng, no problem.

After chopping passports and returned the TM2 and TM3, I just continue driving till Malaysia side. (Act blur)

At first, i wanted to go custom (counter 8) to admit that I had forgoten the carnet when I entered sadao.

Since I didn't give them my car details (log card), I gave up the idea.

Hope my next trip to Bangkok, they don't fine me THB1000 (x 10 days maximum) = THB10,000 (I read about this maximum fine if u don't return carnet).

Anyway, I will get this amount ready, in case kana.

The carnet thingy? I think they are not very stringent on it; it's more of a in the event that you smuggle the car in and sell off, they cannot earn from the tax there, then they will come and find the car owner; that's when they will start tracing back to the owner.

Aside from that Carnet is like a 'promissory note' whereby you guarantee to 'export' the car out of Thailand within 14 days, failing to which you would face a very heavy penalty. It's still necessary to get the Carnet though, and in a foreign land, ignorance is never a bliss unfortunately [:(]

Would suggest you try to google remedy solutions or if you pass by any trade / customs office, they should be able to assist you.

Don't rely on their police force, they are close to useless. I got stopped at a road block on my way to Phuket and I assumed they tried to get me to bribe them, the moment I said I speak only English, they let me off. [:p]

After chopping passports and returned the TM2 and TM3, I just continue driving till Malaysia side. (Act blur)

At first, i wanted to go custom (counter 8) to admit that I had forgoten the carnet when I entered sadao.

Hope my next trip to Bangkok, they don't fine me THB1000 (x 10 days maximum) = THB10,000 (I read about this maximum fine if u don't return carnet).

So, how was Phuket?

Turbocharged

So, how was Phuket?

Very good.

My 1st marathon driving trip

Next round go further to Bangkok.

Now in KL for one night (last night stay Hatyai).

Took me 9hrs drive from Hatyai to KL, traffic super slow

• Praise 1

Wah bro, you damn heng. I think the Thai people quite ok one unless if anyone decides to stir sh*t, then probably different story and you may end up with a rather hefty fine. [thumbsdown]

Anyway 10,000THB = ~S$420; gimmie the fine la, I go stay in Phuket still got change to makan also  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement