Lexus ES250, Jag XF 2.0A, E-Class E200, Audi A6, BMW 520

Odyssey2011

Supersonic

Agree. Hardly anyone looks twice at a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW anymore. But imagine a white Jaguar, and if you can get an ST 1 license plate.......( probably cost as much as the car I'd imagine). Now that would be ' The Badge!'

Very true. The luxury badges r a dime a dozen nowadays. Esp w the proliferation of entry level models. No big deal IMHO. Even lambo in SG maciam common sight n doesn't really turn heads anymore. Onli see tourists taking pictures w it.
↡ Advertisement

Like I said, nowadays the reliability is not really mechanical (engine, gearbox etc) but electronics. And the Germans tend to have more of these electronics. For instance, do you know the new 5 Series car key is digital, need to charge like your phone one? Merc also got all sorts of tech systems in the E-Class now. These things are a bit more unpredictable.

Is like handphone, iPhone vs Nokia. iPhone, nice and new and shiny, got many features, but sometimes the system can hang or freeze. Nokia, not so many features, doesn't look so nice, but can last and last.

Nowadays, customer very demanding 1 le.  W/o electronic, how to meet these demand le?

Juz like the convergence of mobile phone towards compact camera.

Very true. The luxury badges r a dime a dozen nowadays. Esp w the proliferation of entry level models. No big deal IMHO. Even lambo in SG maciam common sight n doesn't really turn heads anymore. Onli see tourists taking pictures w it.

Even Bentley & RR is getting common.

This is the only badge i look at:

post-16870-0-29650800-1500950396_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I think they get one TP to follow you confirm can hit speeding quota one.   [:p]

Getting this badge

post-16870-0-38092600-1500954443_thumb.jpg

is NOT about how fast i could drive it.

It is all about spending ridiculously loads of $$$ on a car which is aerodynamically inefficiency.

It is to show off how loud the V12 roar when you drive slowly through Holland V.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Agree. Hardly anyone looks twice at a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW anymore. But imagine a white Jaguar, and if you can get an ST 1 license plate.......( probably cost as much as the car I'd imagine). Now that would be ' The Badge!'

Very true.

I get a lot of stares on my jag, and a few guys actually approached to ask me about the car, functions and price, and the reliability.

Told them so far okay lo, though I had it for about 4 months only. Yolo.

And some of my hitch riders got so excited that the topic we chatted during the whole trip was the car lol

Turbocharged

One thing about reliability.. It's probably about luck also.

I used to drive a Subaru Legacy GT in 2006.

MI only have 2 years warranty and 1 year on engine.

Many people said I crazy to go for an unpopular turbo car with only so little warranty from AD.

Guess what, throughout the 6 7 years ownership, no breakdown at all other than wear and tear.

On the other hand, a friend had a BMW 3 series, kpkb about leaking fluids on its 3rd year.

Supercharged

One thing about reliability.. It's probably about luck also.

I used to drive a Subaru Legacy GT in 2006.

MI only have 2 years warranty and 1 year on engine.

Many people said I crazy to go for an unpopular turbo car with only so little warranty from AD.

Guess what, throughout the 6 7 years ownership, no breakdown at all other than wear and tear.

On the other hand, a friend had a BMW 3 series, kpkb about leaking fluids on its 3rd year.

Subaru famous in USA for reliablity

BMW (in)famous for coolant leaks, pump spoil etc 

Turbocharged

Reliability, Novice, Keep for 10 yrs, Fuss-Free, Comfy, Driving style basic & simple?.........Actually Camry is more than does the job. If want branded sikit, ES250. What more is there to ask and want feedback on? The choice is overwhelmingly obvious for u. 

Bro....must tok kok a bit and know more mah......otherwise nothing to tok liao

Turbocharged

Go after the badge is only for few months nia cos after tat it become old facelift and a year later become old model, few yrs later become old monster. Better get something u enjoy driving it and don't care too much abt what others say n think.  

Turbocharged

In my opinion in buying a car, every aspect has to come in. However, if money is not an issue, you need to look inside and outside all round cos the car is something you sit in almost everyday.

If reliability and the cost of maintenance, naturally is Japanese. In between must be Merc liao.

Neutral Newbie

@odyssey2011 Jaguar, Audi and BMW have high maintenance cost and especially I have owned the BMW 520i before, I can really understand that the engine oil is an issue and the car keeps asking you to refill it and the coolant too. Lexus is more reliable.

Supersonic

Go after the badge is only for few months nia cos after tat it become old facelift and a year later become old model, few yrs later become old monster. Better get something u enjoy driving it and don't care too much abt what others say n think.

101% agree

@odyssey2011 Jaguar, Audi and BMW have high maintenance cost and especially I have owned the BMW 520i before, I can really understand that the engine oil is an issue and the car keeps asking you to refill it and the coolant too. Lexus is more reliable.

Is your 520I f10 or e60?

T2 may not agrees with you.

For engine oil, it could be a driving pattern issue.

BMW is not suitable for ppl who wants a fuss free car.

Ppl who use it for commuting or badge will complain a million thing about BMW.

• Praise 2

Wise words, absolute practical, knew you will me recommend ES250. Thank you

(edited)

Discussed with wife, we agreed it is either E250 or ES250. Going for another final look and test drive next week, before deciding which one to buy.  

Thank you all for the advices.

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement