Central Vietnam - Da nang & Hoi an

Jman888

Neutral Newbie

Have you guys checked in the new Golden Bridge on Ba Na Hill? It's spectacular

If you are already in Da Nang and Hoi An, you may don't want to miss Hue too. Hue, dreaming and graceful, is famous for palm-leaf conical hat and traditional costume Ao dai. Gently floating on Huong river, looking at majestic scene of Ngu Binh mountain, going into Thien Mu pagoda, we just feel harmony, eurhythmic diapason of nature and the city. That explains why Hue people are very kind, amiable, gratuitous like that.

and many many destinations you will like visiting in Vietnam also. Take your time to discover hidden, latent beauty of this S-shaped country.
  • Praise 1

This is a nice place. But avoid in Nov and Dec. Was there during Nov and rain non stop and flooded in Hoi An. Very nice experience though. Whaaha.

Have you guys checked in the new Golden Bridge on Ba Na Hill? It's spectacular

when i went there. the " the golden hands " is still under construction.

overall the place is cooling and the cable car ride up was a pretty long one. the view was great feom the cable car. 

i did a video so just to share with you guys here. enjoy

• Praise 1

Recommend cheapest & safest method to tour Vn (HCM, DN & HN). Join tour group or buy on airtickets & join local tour or totally move on yr own? Hotels or AirbnB for stay? Taxi or Grab for getting around? The charlies are known to pulling a fast one on tourists - over charge at shop, drop you at different destination & ask for more money etc. 

Recommend cheapest & safest method to tour Vn (HCM, DN & HN). Join tour group or buy on airtickets & join local tour or totally move on yr own? Hotels or AirbnB for stay? Taxi or Grab for getting around? The charlies are known to pulling a fast one on tourists - over charge at shop, drop you at different destination & ask for more money etc. 

Small hotels are damn cheap there. Just stay hotel lor.

Hanoi can only take the official taxis. Not familiar with grab.

I went in 2009.

I would just go myself. The angmohs go without tour groups. U can always book the local tours as when u please. 

Not familiar with HCM or da nang.

Almost everyone do free n easy there, plenty of daily local tour (private or in group) to choose from.

Use local taxi (short distant) or book a private ride for whole day with driver.

Local hotel is quite reasonable, some hotel booking website overlap with Airbnb apartment (they listed in all website).

Over charging is common, just do your own homework and not rush to buy at the first shop.

HCM there is not many things to do for me.

Other than eating around. No interested to visit those previous Vietnam wars left over.

In HCM getting taxi is easy. But overall Grab is cheaper and car condition is much better than taxi if you select Grab Premium during booking.

I visited HCM once every 3 months for a business trip.

HCM there is not many things to do for me.

Other than eating around. No interested to visit those previous Vietnam wars left over.

In HCM getting taxi is easy. But overall Grab is cheaper and car condition is much better than taxi if you select Grab Premium during booking.

I visited HCM once every 3 months for a business trip.

Other than visit war left overs, what do you recommend to do in HCM? Which are the most convenient hotels to stay?  

Other than visit war left overs, what do you recommend to do in HCM? Which are the most convenient hotels to stay?

You can get a hotel near the Nguyễn Huệ Pedestrian Street. Which is right at the heart of HCM district 1.

Can try Liberty Central Saigon City Point. This hotel is 1 block away from the pedestrian street.

Other than local Vietnamese food, also to try the Japanese food at the Japanese district which is about 10mins walk. Yes, Japanese food. There are big population of Japanese in HCM. The food like Japanese bbq, ramen there are good quality and relative cheap. Maybe half the price compare to here. Customer base also a lot of Japanese.

For sight seeing I really don't have any to recommend for HCM, as I normally not a city guy. But more on looking for some local food.

There are also many 3 - 4* hotel near the Ben Thanh Market. But personally felt that the market is a tourist trap, food and things selling there are not really cheap. This hotel are cheap as compared to those beside pedestrian street.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

I recommend Nikko hotel in HCM. I like their breakfast includes Japanese food.

:D

I like their buffet dinner too. Very good spread and the all you can eat lobsters, can fry, bake, BBQ....

Location is ok but not Central Central but taxi are cheap there.

Edited by Voodooman

I like their buffet dinner too. Very good spread and the all you can eat lobsters, can fry, bake, BBQ....

Location is ok but not Central Central but taxi are cheap there.

When I travel I don't like to have dinner in the hotel.

Unless the location is difficult to access to food or like some Japanese hotel that included high quality japanese dinner set.

↡ Advertisement