Upgrade Stock ICE

Surf2004

Hi,

Soundstream AC.6 + Coaxial speakers + Pioneer TS-WX120A + Installation = $800 with warranty

Like to know if this is worth it. TIA.

Comparing Soundstream AC.6 vs Pioneer TS-A1606C.

Which is better ?
I'm not going for high end ICE. Mid range is good for me.
Btw, my HU is Pioneer 8850.

↡ Advertisement

Try to go for separate tweeter and mid bass units if possible. Even those paste on dash one also okay. Coaxials not the best

bros, at entry level, is there a big difference between

- active & passive?

- 2 way & 3 way?

If go for 3 way, do we need to go active path to get the benefit or is passive although not as good also ok? Or should just stick to 2 way for passive setup?

I don't know where your entry level is, but my take is this. 3 way means having 3 drivers of different sizes to run the different frequency ranges. Running these passive will not maximise the drivers.

IMHO, if you wanna run passive, 2 way drivers are the way to go. Even running 2 ways active/passive will have noticeable difference.

Hi,

Soundstream AC.6 + Coaxial speakers + Pioneer TS-WX120A + Installation = $800 with warranty

Like to know if this is worth it. TIA.

Comparing Soundstream AC.6 vs Pioneer TS-A1606C.

Which is better ?

I'm not going for high end ICE. Mid range is good for me.

Btw, my HU is Pioneer 8850.

Bro, depends on what u want and your budget for simple ICE. Reason being u may get poisoned easily and go along the upgrade path.. Meaning to say your 800 spent will be down the drain.

U will start going for higher end stuff n processor..

Nowadays lots of people go for small processors with build in amp to save space. And it yields good results. Can also bring u a long way if installed n tuned properly.

Take a look at Audison AP4.9, or AP8.9 kind of stuff..

But if u just want very basic improvements and you are the type who wun be poisoned. I would suggest u upgrade your headunit to a higher end one with time alignment function (get a used one), get a decent set of mid range speakers to run 2 way front active. Example rainbow SLC or audison prima range, and a 4 channel amp. This should be way better than what u mentioned but may cost a couple of hundreds more.

Good luck in your search..

• Praise 2

Sorry to ask but m a noob at all tis stuff . 

Possible tat someone explain to me 2 way , 3 way , active/passive , etc . 

Previously i only upgraded the speakers on my old car n the sound will get distorted when volume is higher . 

Sorry to ask but m a noob at all tis stuff .

Possible tat someone explain to me 2 way , 3 way , active/passive , etc .

Previously i only upgraded the speakers on my old car n the sound will get distorted when volume is higher .

2 way is a tweeter and a midbass typically 6.5". 3 way will have an additional mid range speaker 3-4" cos it can do the job better than the tweeter n the midbass to cover certain frequency range.

Passive is letting the crossover perform the segregation of different frequency to go to individual speaker and they are fixed by the components and design of the crossover.

Active is such that the passive crossover is removed. Speaker is directly connected to amp and the crossover frequency is directly adjusted via the amp or the headunit's crossover settings.

As for your distortion, could be lots of reasons. Most probably is the headunit is not powerful enough to drive your speaker and installing an amp should solve that issue.

Edited by Qaz20
  • Praise 1

2 way is a tweeter and a midbass typically 6.5". 3 way will have an additional mid range speaker 3-4" cos it can do the job better than the tweeter n the midbass to cover certain frequency range.

Passive is letting the crossover perform the segregation of different frequency to go to individual speaker and they are fixed by the components and design of the crossover.

Active is such that the passive crossover is removed. Speaker is directly connected to amp and the crossover frequency is directly adjusted via the amp or the headunit's crossover settings.

As for your distortion, could be lots of reasons. Most probably is the headunit is not powerful enough to drive your speaker and installing an amp should solve that issue.

Thanx alot ! maybe i juz go for those mid range packages offered by the audio shops . 

Btw , does soundproofing the car help in anything ?

Noted , maybe do sound proof 1st then. 

I dont think u will hear that much different by just install sound proof ...

As u have a great Pioneer Head Unit of 8850 ....

If i want to choose i will pick one good 2 way component speaker in front to start first ...

I was like you before, I went for speaker first ...then added  Amplifier ....then 2 way speakers then add in sound processor , then add in rear component speaker 2 way as well .then add in Sub woofer then add in more amplifier then .....go for 3 way component speaker ...

It is long journey.....of coz along the way ..i paied alot of workmanship $$ .....for upgrading this and that ...mod here n there ...

Of coz we always could look back and said if can do it in one shoot ....will be best .....but at that time ...u did not know what u want ...and budget constraint also ...

Work within your budget ......coz there always a better speaker, better processor ...better amplifier ...

unless u do not have budget ....

• Praise 2

Does it mean that Pioneer HU8850 is able to supporrt 2 way active setup since it has time alignment funtion?

If i want to choose i will pick one good 2 way component speaker in front to start first ...

I was like you before, I went for speaker first ...then added  Amplifier ....then 2 way speakers then add in sound processor , then add in rear component speaker 2 way as well .then add in Sub woofer then add in more amplifier then .....go for 3 way component speaker ...

It is long journey.....of coz along the way ..i paied alot of workmanship $$ .....for upgrading this and that ...mod here n there ...

Of coz we always could look back and said if can do it in one shoot ....will be best .....but at that time ...u did not know what u want ...and budget constraint also ...

Work within your budget ......coz there always a better speaker, better processor ...better amplifier ...

M not using the Pioneer 8850,  m using the kenwood ddx 917ws . Dunno if can support all these anot.

[sweatdrop]

Edited by weekiat572

Pioneer Component System -A1605C $199.00 sound good ?

That's an older model. There's 1606 now. Not sure if it's considered mid or high range. Can anyone advise ?
↡ Advertisement